The Best, The Worst and The Missing

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Best, The Worst and The Missing

• Hello everyone!

This topic is as simple as the title says. It’s about what you think is the best thing, the worst thing and what’s missing in Angry Birds 2.

Let’s break things down into 4 parts: Birds, Piggies, Spells and the whole game in general.

I’ll start:

Birds:

Best – It has to be the Bomb. It’s the more powerful and versatile of all the birds, in my opinion. He always does some destruction, even when we fail to do what we had in mind.

Worst – Matilda. I have a hove-hate relationship with this bird. Sometimes she’s very useful and the only one that can do a certain job, but very often the egg doesn’t destroy anything or I can’t throw it in time and she becomes a bird wasted, which is very frustrating. She’s as good as the other birds, but requires a lot of practice and a REALLY GOOD timing.

Missing – As you might expect, Bubbles! It’s my favorite bird since he was introduced in the original Angry Birds. It’s very cute, funny and powerful. It’s also the smallest and biggest bird at the same time, which is very cool. Unfortunately he’s a rare bird with very few appearances throughout the franchise… and totally absent from AB2.

Piggies:

Best – The Golden Pig, of course. It’s the only pig that we wish to see in every level and that gives something very useful when popped. And it’s very beautiful, by the way.

Worst – The Balloon Pig! It’s not the deadliest or strongest, but I think it’s the most annoying pig of all. I failed many levels because of him, so now I get terrified when I see that blue “propeller beanie” on his head… which means that I have to shoot a bird at him as soon as possible or I’ll be damned. Honorable mention to the “Mary Poppins Pig”…

Missing – I think I don’t miss any pig… but I miss the food and objects they had in the first games. It was very funny to imagine what they were doing in that place. Now the levels are very generic and don’t have that “personality”.

Spells:

Best – I think it’s the Hot Chili Spell. Every time that I used it, it was very useful and most of the times it was enough to clear the entire stage. That doesn’t happen with the other spells, they become useless if not used in the right situations.

Worst – The Mighty Eagle. This bird was the most powerful in the other games… but now it’s a double-edged sword. All the pigs are popped… but the constructions are barely affected if not weakened before with other birds, which results in insufficient destruction points in that stage.

Missing – Maybe a spell similar to the “Birdquake” of the original game. I think it would be more efficient than the Mighty Eagle. It wouldn’t pop all the pigs automatically, but would surely cause more destruction and give more points.

Game:

Best – Choosing birds. Finally we can choose which bird use first. It’s limited to 3 birds, buts it’s better than nothing and provides a lot of new strategies. The game would be much harder without it.

Worst – The infamous Lives System. It just doesn’t make any sense at all, at least not for the players. It forces us to play more carefully and creating better strategies, but most of the time it only forces us to stop playing if we don’t want to spend gems or real money.

Missing – More birds. It would be awesome to have the entire flock together, at least all the main birds (adding Bubbles, Hal and Stella). Some bosses and levels with 6 or 7 sections are really hard to clear without spending gems in extra birds. 10 birds could be too much and make the game too easy (it is already relatively easy), but we could have the option of choosing which birds to use (the “active birds”).

I think that’s all. Now it’s your turn. :D

If the topic has any error or you have any suggestion, please let me know. ;)

I also apologize for any spelling error… I’m Portuguese.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@orangebubbles — I would guess that you haven’t gotten to the Piggysland section yet. The magician pig is even worse than the balloon pig. It frequently takes 3 birds to get rid of him (because he moves from one structure to another), and if he lands in the center of a bounce pad, he can bounce up and down indefinitely, and it is almost impossible to get him.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@mvnla2 Yes, I’m not there yet, but he appears in the Arena. There he never gave me much trouble, but the structures in the arena are always simpler than the ones in the levels… so I’ll see. Another one that I really hate is the “Mary Poppins Pig”… but nothing that compares to these.

Cheawn
    @cheawn

I would say the best part of Angry Birds 2 is the bosses. The boss fights have the best music in the game (thank goodness the arena uses it too so even if I’m not on a boss I can still listen to it) They also aren’t randomized and it’s really satisfying when you defeat them.

The worst part is all the randomness in the game. It really ruins the puzzle part of Angry Birds, turning it into a action game instead. It punishes people who learn from mistakes (like me) and people planning their flings ahead of time (like me). I also imagine it’s a pain for high score chasers, where you can’t beat your best because the needed bird isn’t in your hand (I’ve lost count of the amount of time I have said, Why couldn’t I draw (bird needed to one shot structure, usually Bomb, Terrence or Matilda).) the last structure has a tough layout, or a balloon pig floats out of reach of your birds. Having all your birds in hand at once instead of just 3 would fix most of the randomness easily.

This game is missing the episode select screen. I always go back to try to 3 star levels, but the lack of an episode select will make finding non 3 starred levels far harder.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I totally agree with the need for an episode select screen. It takes forever to go from the beginning of the game, where you farm for presents and stars to the end.

dmsral
    @dmsral

The best way to deal with the magician pigs is not shoot directly at them. Try and knock stuff on to them or push debris to where they might be headed.

The changing nature of the levels adds an extra level of both skill and frustration. You just have to keep playing levels over and over to get a top score. Start with levels with fewer parts and use the leaderboards to find levels where you have the biggest variances to the averages and high scores. Work up to the more complex levels.

It’s also difficult to discuss strategies because things keep changing. If you aren’t going to get a high score on a level, try alternate strategies. The key to play levels over and over until you get the right combination of structures, birds, possibly spells, skill, and definitely luck.

Play levels 9 and 13 repeatedly to farm gifts and make sure play the arena every day so you can earn feathers to increase the bird strengths. Just made it to Azure league today!

fangston
    @fangston

I think that the worst part is the diamond league. It really takes a lot of time to farm presents and get there – only to see that the prize is 1 feather… The most useless thing in any AB game so far.

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

I think the reason why bubbles and stella and hal weren’t int he game is because they rarely appear in angry birds toons

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

sorry, accidentially pressed submit twice plz delete this

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@corporalpig, but they appeared more times than Silver hahahaha.

Hal might be useless in this game (and I personally never liked his power), but Stella, and specially Bubbles, would be a great addition. But actually, I think that adding Bubbles would be enough, Stella already has her own game and adding too much birds would make the game too easy. Someday I’ll start a petition hahahah… or not.

Mp127
    @mp127

For me best are boss battles (including really good music) and choosing birds, but better could be if game will give 10 birds to use instead of actual 3.
    Except more birds I miss Corporal Pig as more important character than ‘just pig’. Also I miss looking for Golden Eggs, but Rovio don’t continue them since a lot of games.

RizDub
    @rizdub

Along with many of you, I think Bubbles would be an excellent addition to this game.

Upon reflection, I did notice what @orangebubbles said about the lack of props making the structures feel more generic, but I never really figured out why I feel this way until he pointed this out.

I, too, love the fact that you can select your birds, and I very heavily dislike the lives mechanic.

I do have a strategy for beating the balloon pigs – watch the pig wearing a beanie (though I’m sure most of you know that already). If he doesn’t fall asleep immediately, POP HIM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@rizdub It seems that in the other games the birds are taking revenge on the pigs by destroying their homes (with all the props inside)… and in AB2 it’s more like a battlefield where the pigs are building fortresses in a hurry to defend themselves (and that’s why the structures are random). But after some time playing, the game starts to get repetitive, always with the same type of structures with no personality. But then this is a good reason to keep playing the older games too. ;)

About Bubbles… looks like that creating a petition to have him back it’s not as senseless as I thought, there’s a lot of people interested. :D

burbman
    @burbman

Birds –
    Best – most structures and levels are built in a way that one particular bird has a distict advantage

Worst – Sometimes that bird does not come up as one of your three choices

Missing – I like the idea of adding Bubbles and/or Stella to future updates

Pigs –
    Best – Golden

Worst – Magician – balloon pig will usually float into a structure and pop himself if left to his own devices. Honorable Mention – When boss pig gets tossed to the left of the sling and birds cannot launch backwards to attack it.

Missing – Fat Pig from Space as another boss

Spells –
    Best – Mighty Eagle as long as structures are not supported by balloons

Worst – Snowflake I usually leave it unused when it comes up

Missing – birdquake

Game –
    Best – different gimmicks in different levels – I like trying to use flowers, fans, portals, and bounce pads to redirect angles of attack, etc.

Worst – Zoom level limited, can be hard to distinguish details of structures when playing on small smart phone screens

Missing – chapter select, or other fast forward method for moving between levels.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@burbman

Honorable Mention – When boss pig gets tossed to the left of the sling and birds cannot launch backwards to attack it.

I agree, that happened to me once… and it’s VERY frustrating.

Worst – Snowflake I usually leave it unused when it comes up

I also leave it unused often because it always requires a bird after (and there goes the strike)… but a good strategy is to use it before Terence (instead of The Blues) because he will get through all the structures easily. But of course, this depends largely on the layout of the level.

Missing – chapter select, or other fast forward method for moving between levels.

That would REALLY come in handy!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

The best: Bomb
    The worst: blues (except you have blizzard) or Terence.
    I don’t agree with OP with Matilda who can beat the laser pig or illusionist pig.
    Missing: Hal (boomerang) which can attack from backward.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@mingkee27 All the birds in the game are useful and have their own purposes, and that’s good because we have to use them all. I only say that I hate Matilda because that is the bird that I waste more often and it’s very frustrating. The egg needs to be thrown with the right timing, and that needs a lot of training and luck. But I’m starting to know the trick. ;)

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

I strongly disagree with your assessment regarding:
    *Matilda. She’s extremely useful at times, especially when popping a balloon pig while dropping a bomb at an structure below.
    *The balloon pig being the most annoying pig. Have you reached the wizard pig yet? Anyways, why would you put “hard to pop” as equivalent to bad game design? The different pigs are cool features.
    *The Might Eagle being the worst spell LMFAO. It annihilates absolutely everything and there are very few structures that goes unscathed after it’s use.

I think the game is great and those who can’t be patient and grind 5 min per day can pay to advance faster. I’m cool with that and I have beaten the game and am currently 14 off from 3starring every level.

Cheawn
    @cheawn

@angryone
    There’s a difference between hard to pop and frustrating to pop. While difficulty is fine and all, frustration isn’t. The game shouldn’t feel unfair, but many pigs are near impossible to pop with a bird unless you have incredable aim and even then, you might not draw into the bird you need to do so. Frustration is bad game design.

Also the Mighty Eagle doesn’t actually deal damage. He just pops all pigs and causes wind to knock structures over. Sure, instant strike, but some stuctures are resistant to wind effects and no damage will be done,leaving you with less points than you would have had you used another spell, which are more reliable for scoring. Points are very important because they get you extra cards, and Eagle isn’t good at that. That’s why the Mighty Eagle isn’t a good spell.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@angryone

In addition to what @cheawn said, this topic is just for fun and to share our opinion about the game. It’s not intended to judge or point out the flaws of the game. Choosing the “worst bird” or the “worst pig” doesn’t mean that we consider them “badly designed”, it’s just our “least favorite bird” to use and the “hardest and most evil pig”.

Furthermore, the opening post is not an “absolute truth” or the most important post, it’s just my opinion with a bit of irony (of course I don’t “hate” Matilda, it’s just irony) and serves as an example to show how the topic works. Every one of us play the game in a different way and have a different opinion, and it’s interesting to find what each one has to say about it.

After all, we all love the game or we wouldn’t be here. :D

Mp127
    @mp127

In my opinion Matilda is one of stronger birds, because she’s only can do double attack, just she need perfect timing and trajectory. For me Silver is problem with her loop ability, which is useless most times.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mp127 — Silver is actually pretty useful once you learn to use her.
    I actually prefer to use Silver without using the full loop. If aimed downward and tapped just before she (?) hits something, she will crash into it on an upward trajectory and do a lot of damage.
    If you are trying for a loop to come directly down on something, note that you need to fly Silver slightly past the target, because the loop ends up with her straight-down attack slightly to the left of where you tapped. You also need to make sure that there is room for the loop.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

@mvnla2 I agree. I also prefer to use Silver that way. She’s really the best at destroying stone structures (even when we fail to use the special ability). The full loop is more useful when we need to pop a single pig (as an alternative to Matilda).

Ang Ryone
    @angryone

I dunno guys. I think Silver sucks ass. His ability is weak and he needs more space than any other bird to perform it. If you get unlucky and he hits a balloon or something silly like that in the middle of his loop, he will just abort looping and go in some unexpected direction.

It’s a shame that if I could pick I’d just go with all cards being Bomb and the odd Matilda. I can’t believe you guys haven’t realized what a monster Matilda can be. She can take out two structures at once, timed well she can almost do anything that normally requires two birds.

And when it comes to frustration. Well, it’s an easy game ok? I have one more level to 3star and then I’m done. I have done it with 3 hearts, spent no money and it took like three weeks.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

I’ve found Terrence for the most part to be the most useless bird. I like how you they do give you extra points for a strike or birdie. They should also do that for an eagle. I’ve had a couple of levels where I haven’t used a bird and the pigs ended causing a chain reaction that took the whole lot of them out without me using a bird.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

In my opinion:

Birds
    Best: Bomb. He’s strong and can knock down buildings right away. If he doesn’t, his explosion does, doing a good amount of damage.

Worst: Silver. It’s hard to tell how large his/her? loop will be and either he/she crashes into something Silver wasn’t supposed to touch, or I activate his/her power too early and Silver falls straight down……..*crash!*…into a pit.

Missing: Hal and Bubbles! The last game I remember those two showing up in is AB Transformers. It’s going to be too sad to hear that Rovio would have officially retired the two from their games. I still hope they appear in another game someday…

Pigs
    Best: I have to agree that Golden Pig is the best pig. It gives you a free card, and it’s not even that strong! On second thought, if you knock it out too soon when your bar is nearly full, it’s simply a waste.

Worst: So far, it’s Umbrella Pig. (I didn’t play far enough to see the tougher pigs) Umbrella Pig is immune to most falls, which kills ordinary piggies a fraction of the time. What’s worse, it’s umbrella is resistant to damage, turning a double opportunity into a lost bird.

Missing? If I could name a pig not featured in AB 2, it would be Corporal Pig. Well, there is the Helmet Pig, but it doesn’t really have a special attitude, let alone it being a boss in the game! AB 2 doesn’t have the Corporal Pig from Toons or ABGo!. I also miss the pigs having costumes or hats, like in the past sling games.

Spells

Best: I would probably say the Pig Puffer gun, whatever it’s called. Seeing inflated pigs is simply hilarious, and does effective damage to pigs and buildings alike, especially in cramped spaces. However, it doesn’t hit all of the pigs, which is really sad.

Worst: Spells cannot be refilled without running out first. The tutorials take 1 of your spell, leaving you with only 2 to start with.

Also Notable: Spells can occasionally be received as a result of dealing enough damage to regain a card. However, there are multiple occasions where a bird would be better than a spell.

Missing: Spells cannot be selected in the middle of a level. Not much could be worse than finding out that you picked the wrong spells at the beginning of a level.

General (Game)

Best: A sling scope at your disposal. In the earlier games, there was no free sling scope, and no idea where you are aiming! In this game, you can estimate where you have to angle to reach the desired spot.

Worst: Randomized levels destroy the levels’ uniqueness. Why not just have a set of a few levels called “random”??? There’s not much to easily compare between different levels.
    The randomized levels also make the difficulty vary, which is not good, espcially when all the levels have at least 2 stages.

MISSING: The game does not have a simple story to explain what is going on. All I can tell is that the flock is simply jumping between 3 worlds, doing a simply aimless task; to regain the eggs that are constantly being taken away.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The Best, The Worst and The Missing

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.