The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 110 total)
  • Replies
  • metztli013
    @metztli013

Is it just me, or does this event seem kind of…. blah?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It’s on!

The battle is WAY too easy in my opinion, though. Apocalypse should deal MUCH more damage – that would require actual strategy to try and kill the four Apocalyptic Riders at the same time.

I also wish it didn’t play the cutscene each time. I’d love at least a possibility to skip it, not just increase the speed…

Oh and I hate team battles. I bet I’m gonna be on the losing team again, even though we are currently in the lead.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@metztli013 it’s blah.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

It’s not just blah, it’s even more annoying than the Land Kraken. The four horsemen of the apocalypse are Pestilence, Famine, War, and Death. But in the AHE they have conflated four of the seven deadly sins with the four horsemen, so now the four Apocalyptic pigs are Hefty, Wrath, and two others I don’t remember, but have nothing to do with the Four Horsemen.

I’m starting to think the game designers aren’t really well versed in literature or the translation from German to English is awful.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

And they could have gone all Terry Pratchett and thrown in Kaos as the fifth to make the battles harder.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

I’m loving this event

metztli013
    @metztli013

@smwforever45 Yes! Too easy, exactly why I was thinking it’s blah. The first few times I played it today I killed them all too fast to see them do anything. Just a few minutes ago I actually looked at their abilities. It could be cool. But, too easy.

Also, they seem to be stuck on level 1. They did the reviving thing once this morning and I haven’t seen it happen again since.

burbman
    @burbman

Well… this is different. I can say with confidence that I will be on one winning team, one losing team, and one team that I plan to score the 10K and quit so I don’t care.

My BabyBurbman and BabyBurbmanII teams are matched up against each other so one will win, and one will lose. Burbman has long since been at 70/70 so the only grinding I will be doing on any of my teams is to stay in the top three for the lower two.

No complaining that I wake up and play in the middle of the night to use up my stamina!! WooHoo!!

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I wish we could use more birds. I like the events when we can use 4 birds so 4 birds would get mastery not just 2 like in this event.

tinostar11
    @tinostar11

The Good thing about Valkrie: They use a Weapon that gives a Chance of Doing 50% more Damage on a Attack.

My Best Tip for the Actual Fight , Get Rid of Greed 1st.
    If you Lose Valkrie and don’t use another bird who’s Removes Buff , the fight gets a Little but Harder.

ratzlaff
    @ratzlaff

Loving this event, since my birds were not able to kill last events’ Tinker Titan even once.

Pointless
    @pointless

Too easy, agreed. I know some of us have complained about these things before, but the scaling is way out again. I find myself letting the Hogriders live just so I can see what they are capable of doing. Besides the shield that converts damage into healing, not much. And fully agree with @smwforever45 that Apocalypse is way under powered. Shouldn’t that be something to be feared?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jamairoqui
    The four pigs are called “Kraftschwein” (power pig), “Habgier” (greed), “Wut” (fury) and “Zorn” (anger) in German. “Wut” and “Zorn” mean almost the same thing, and “Kraft” is not really a sin…

Chimera seems to code the game in English language, though. Whenever there is a text placeholder (and they appear quite often…), it’s either a Lorem ipsum or it’s written in English language.

@metztli013

I’m with you on this – they gave a lot of potential away here.

@gabe-nestor

Only if the event becomes a LOT harder – then it would make sense to take 4 birds/3 birds and Valkyrie…

@tinostar11

That’s nothing special. Piggy McCool, Pigiana Jones, Prince Porky and Valkyrie, they all have the same weapon bonus.
    But yeah, I’d get rid of Greed first, too. Greed can cast a spell on himself that makes it immune to most damage (it is NOT immune to chain damage, I’ve tested that), and 50% of the damage that he didn’t take is instead converted into healing.

Pointless
    @pointless

@jamairoqui I would have thought you would have taken large exception to the unexplained (unexplainable?) inclusion of a Valkyrie in the Event (depicted as male, to boot), mixing Nordic mythos and Judeo-Christianity like a high-speed blender.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@pointless I noticed that too about Valkyrie, but I am under doctor’s orders not to get too excited until the fractures heal from the Land Kraken episode. The mixing of religions like this doesn’t really make eschatological sense, since Ragnorok and Armageddon are pretty different in concept.

The most annoying thing for me is every battle, you have to watch the video about Armageddon starting.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

boss is stacked at three hearts. weird bug

PJng
    @pjng

Everytime when event game crash very often
    Then next i open apps show ‘your device has been …’ very annoying,

@zaqxsw
    , same on me, whole day with same heart.

krshridhar
    @krshridhar

Here is a solution for defeating the Apocalyptic horsemen:
    1. Select Red as Paladin and
    2. Bomb as Capt’n
    3. The default Valkyrie

You can defeat enemies in this order:
    1.Anger
    2.Wrath
    3.Greed
    4.Hefty

Hope this helps all players

burbman
    @burbman

Hogriders very easy to beat with top level teams, but a pretty good challenge for my lower level teams. I typically lose about one in three battles.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless @jamairoqui I agree why Valkyrie in the first place. Mine however is definitely female. Blond pigtails tied up with blue ribbons.

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@bubbley You are right! Clearly it’s a take on Brunhilde. Are there any other female pigs or is Valkyrie the first? Anyway, Valkyrie makes no sense.

@zaqxsw
    I see the same thing. It’s nice because the level of the hogriders doesn’t increase.

Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@burbman
    It took me 2 days to figure out why I was getting 3 essence requests from you every day. I thought it was a new bug… then I figured out you are trying to set a record for how many teams 1 person can keep up with!

burbman
    @burbman

@dallasreds – I actually enjoy the challenge of playing the new teams more than the 70/70 original. I recommend it to anyone who has found the game to have become boring.

Not that I am going to give up on collecting upgrades for the first or anything crazy like that.

metztli013
    @metztli013

My sad little team is losing by almost 30k at this point =( No double rewards for me.

I wish us nesters could be on a team together!

burbman
    @burbman

I think either the Hogriders or Armageddon just got harder. My level 46 team just lost four battles in a row.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum The Apocalyptic Hogriders Event

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.