The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

Not really luck, but I just had a Chili spell hit an Exploder Pig. Wish I could have gotten a screenshot because it was a HUGE explosion. :D

David Martin
    @david-martin

It’s hard to capture good luck with a screenshot, because usually you don’t realize how lucky you were until you’ve cleared the entire screen. (This happens to me every now and then when I fire Blues as a last-ditch effort due to not knowing what else to do.) I’d love it if the game could record in the background whole you’re playing and then you could choose whether to keep or dump a particular run at the end.

Anonymous

I think Google Play Games has something like that? You are right though, nobody ever expects good things to happen in this game. xD

RizDub
    @rizdub

I don’t have a screencap of the actual moment, but this is a combination of bad luck and good luck. It happened a while ago and is my only recollection of any problem I’ve experienced with micropigs.

Angry Birds 2 unreachable area

In this arena level layout once (not this exact tower configuration, though), a pig in a wooden box fell into the circled area. The box broke open and the pig fell out unharmed. The good luck is that I had thankfully chosen that round to bring a chili spell into the arena.

David Martin
    @david-martin

Was playing the new levels tonight. On the first of the new bosses – level 646, I believe – my first instinct was to use Matilda to thwart Construction Pig (who stands right above the first slime ramp, making it almost impossible to sneak a bird past him). I figured I’d drop an egg, and even if he hit Matilda with a screwdriver, the egg could still do some damage. Lo and behold, he managed to knock Matilda right into her own egg, rendering both useless. (Another epic screw-up that there oughta be an achievement for.)

David Martin
    @david-martin

I thought I had knocked the “pig in a wheel” off the screen, but as it turns out, some sadist put a floor down there. Luckily Matilda was up next and just barely able to clear the upper platform to get into egg-dropping position.
    IMG_0322.PNG

This happens depressingly often in this room. A piglet falls into the slime and just loops around forever and ever, and he’s almost impossible to hit. It’s especially irritating when it costs you your last available bird in an Arena match, though.
    IMG_0323.PNG

Terence: “Hey, I found the way out! You coming?”
    Boss: “Um… that’ll be a hard ‘no’.”
    IMG_0325.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

Well, that’s a heavily guarded structure…
    IMG_0327.PNG

This was the aftermath of an occasional glitch that suddenly renders all pigs immune to damage, except from a direct hit by a bird. Chemistry pig had just changed everything to stone, and the stone blocks flying around were all crashing into each other and not breaking. Total amateur hour on the developers’ part – there’s just no reason why something like this should ever happen.
    IMG_0326.PNG

David Martin
    @david-martin

In the AB2 Arena thread, I had made the case that sometimes bringing in a large arsenal of spells could actually work against you. Today I witnessed a firsthand example of this. I had used Blues to clear most of a room, and all that was left was a single pig, underneath a stone platform held up by balloons. My next three cards were Blizzard, Pig Inflater, and Ducky. The ceiling was too high above him for Pig Inflater to be any use, and Ducky wouldn’t have been able to break that ceiling or pop the balloons. So I wasted Blizzard, figuring it to be the spell I’d miss the least. The next card up was my Mighty Eagle, which I then had to waste to kill a single lousy pig (or else waste another spell AND a bird on it). When your three cards showing are all spells and no birds, you often end up in situations like this where the spells are either useless or overkill.

Lesson learned: When you bring a lot of spells into the Arena, it’s better to use them early rather than letting them pile up while you use your birds. This means being less precise in the first few rooms than you’d prefer. Usually it’s balanced out by the opponent’s use of spells no longer factoring into the competition, but I’ve still had some close shaves.

heybert17
    @heybert17

I just had a level so badly designed that I wasted every bird on room one, no bird could get the last pig, it was tucked just right behind a piece of the fallen structure just out of every birds reach.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Took this screenshot a while back. Everything about it is wrong.
    BZiaD0v.png

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Today’s bad luck. You’ll need to look hard, you may even need a magnifying glass.
    Photo 30-07-2016, 08 20 13.png

Clue: underneath the flower on the right

Sonicwave
    @sonicwave

I haven’t really been having the best of luck with Daily Challenges recently.

Rocks defying gravity

Boss refuses to die

Boss still refuses to die (used 60 gems here)

thattonyguy
    @thattonyguy

On level 473, I used silver to try to push the boss pig towards the waterfall. Nope. The pig landed off screen to the left and I couldn’t launch that way. What bites is that I could see him as I held a bird, ready to launch, with 3 birds left. I ended up launching the 3 birds to oblivion
    Will try to add pic later. I am glad I’m not alone

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Still going. Not as bad as when this thread was started, but it still happens. Oh what fun …

ouch

find the pig

FlingerPro
    @ericli

How do you upload screenshots? Cause I’ve got tonnes just busting to be dropped here.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

(post now unnecessary)

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

pig

That was after throwing three birds at it, that one single pig. Two more birds, a video bird that did just enough to get me one more bird that finally killed the little porker. I guess my opponent was having just as much trouble and I actually won that round.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

@captsternn

LOL! I hate it when that happens. As they say, Gravity Grove is the home of bad luck.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@captsternn Epic stuck in this case. It is one of those Angry Birds thing that have been around since the early days of the classic series. Not impossible but you need plenty of luck.

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

grrrrrrr! edit: is this just me or can I not see my post?

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

??? wait… the pic isn’t here! It was just a regular immortal micropig survives rocks falling on it kinda thing I think, though

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

immortal micropig a stone block almost fell on him, but noooooooo, it missed! And earlyer that day I got 200 feathers from a free reward chest!

Wait, this isn’t working agian!!!

Proteus
    @proteus

” Look, i got some help from “little umbrella ornament” that preventing me from death ”

Screenshot_2017-01-13-12-54-57.png

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

@proteus that is so funny. It actually happened to me once too

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

@ericli Don’t use tinypic or postman because that didn’t work for me. I think imijur works though, but i can’t use it

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.