The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 279 total)
  • Replies
  • David Martin
    @david-martin

I’ve one-birded each room in a 5-room level, if that’s what you mean. That’s what the Game Center achievement is for. Obviously it takes at least one bird per room (glitches notwithstanding – every now and then I “zero-bird” a room due to a structure appearing with something missing or a leftover piece of flying debris carrying over from the previous screen, and since the game doesn’t count this as a strike, I’m willing to bet it wouldn’t give you the achievement if this happened).

Clearing a 6 or 7-room level by one-birding at least 5 of the rooms seems to also trigger the achievement.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

Yes sir, that’s what I mean. I think that’s very impressive.

David Martin
    @david-martin

More like very lucky. I definitely wasn’t trying for it, it just happened that way.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Haven’t paid attention to achievements before, but just checked. I remember them resetting after that Easter update, deleting app and restoring from a backup. I am proud to say that after checking, I do have one for “Epic Fail”.

Anonymous

@dwhite40704

There was only 3 incidents in my AB2 life where I cleared every room with a single bird. 2 of them was a 5 wave level and the other was a 6 wave level. They all happened in some of the later levels of the game. I think it was Steakholm and/or Chirp Valley? I just know they were not Bamboo Forest levels.

From personal experience with getting this achievement, I can give you some tips:

Do NOT tryhard: Trying to specifically 1-bird a wave only makes it harder. Just play the game as you normally would and you’ll get it. Just like @david-martin said, it just happens.

Play the 6 wave levels: Yes this might sound nuts but think about it, early on 6 wave levels have very easy single structures to take down, which means you should 1-bird the waves easier.

Mighty Eagle: If you’re willing to use spells, a free pass always helps. :)

Anonymous

Seems like this would hurt:
    Screenshot_20160523-192339.png

Micro pigs:
    Screenshot_20160523-191417.png

Screenshot_20160523-190901.png

David Martin
    @david-martin

@partshade is totally right. Some of my most awesome one-bird rooms have been when I was at a complete loss for a halfway decent strategy and just randomly fired Blues at something. It’s like trying to get a cat’s attention – doesn’t work if you clearly want it too much.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Was unable to get this achievement yet. I got 3 or 4 rooms in a row with a Strike but never 5 or more.
    I also didn’t get this Epic Fail achievement yet. How would you execute it anyway? You only have 7 birds to fling. Or are you supposed to waste spells too?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Inseparable buddies. Dynamite and Pigamite.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Went really, really well for me today in the regular levels. I marched through from level 352 to 361 with a single set of hearts. Mount Evernest here I come!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Congrats on the progress, Yoshi. I know I would hate to do it all over again.

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Yeah, Epic Fail never made sense to me. The only time I even tried to get it was back when that old “30 birds” glitch was around :D. If it wasn’t for the glitch, I probably wouldn’t have it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    Mind explaning what the glitch was about? :P

@captsternn

I hate repeating levels too. Maybe I’ll do it once I reach the max level for my birds, to get better scores onto the leaderboards. Just maybe. XD

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I don’t mind going back and repeating levels, Yoshi. Sometimes I do it for fun, especially the early levels. If I remember correctly, there were originally 320 levels. The very thought of starting the climb from the bottom, all those levels that took me days to beat, … no, just no. And I remember when you were only considering joining the fun. :) Are you enjoying it for the most part? I think and hope so, the game is much fun in my opinion.

Until you make a throw like I just did. Thankfully it didn’t cost me the round. I should pay attention to the game when playing instead of dividing my attention.

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Thought you were around long enough to know?

Anyway, it was an Android exclusive glitch that Mighty Red found. As soon as you started a level and the spell screen appeared, you just spam the back button on your phone as fast as possible. When the level was built, you would have 30+ birds in your deck. It was hilarious! :D

David Martin
    @david-martin

I’ve gone back and repeated the original levels several times. There’s less point to it now than there was when I could do it to get the 10 stars a day or the occasional red treasure chest, but it’s still good practice. If I get frustrated with one, I’ll just skip it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@captsternn
    Ha, that’s true. :P I do enjoy the game but I see where the other people are coming from.

@partshade
    I play since less than two months, and not on Android. :P
    The Back button has produced some funny glitches though.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

That was the main reason I was doing it, David, for the stars to get the gems. Later to find creative ways to use all the chili spells I was getting.

Anonymous

Screenshot_20160529-033253.png

Thanks Rovio for robbing me of 60 gems, a sense of accomplishment and that final bit of respect I had for you.

Not sure who’s brilliant idea it was to make a wave requiring 4+ birds anyway.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    Did you have Bomb, Silver or Terence left to fling? They could’ve broken through this stone block at the left which would’ve thrown down Foreman for sure.

That aside, that sure is bad luck. And something that shouldn’t happen. D:

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

On level 374.
    A micropig was just blown away by a geysir… and somehow survived off-screen.
    I can’t even hear it… it’s just there and even though I have Chuck, I have NO clue where to shoot him!!!
    I was immediately reminded of @djlarryt when the same happened to him.

Can you find Waldo? I can’t.

@bankler
    this just shouldn’t happen. When a pig flies off-screen, it isn’t supposed to survive on a structure in the next wave where I can’t reach it unless I somehow pop it. No pig could even survive such a fall. Pig flies off-screen – pig is dead. Simple.

Dwhite
    @dwhite40704

That’s beautiful Yoshi. Could be the new flying invisible pig we haven’t seen yet. Nor will we ever…..

DJLarryt
    @djlarryt

@partshade I’ve already lost respect for Rovio, so they have no morals regarding robbing me of a gem deposit to clear one of their ^#$*@ boss screens, especially when it’s a DC. And it’s funny how this happens to me 3/4 of the time, especially the last shot to clear the boss screen… too coincidental, in fact:

View post on imgur.com

Or also just to annoy me, as this King Pig is asleep on a geyser. Why didn’t it erupt? So I could waste more birds trying to pop this f**ker:

View post on imgur.com

Same with my Terrence getting stuck on a geyser:

View post on imgur.com

EXTRA! EXTRA! Read about it! Micropig survives being blown up by a bomb, then getting buried by a ton of rocks! Oh wait, that’s not news.

View post on imgur.com

@smwforever45
    Rovio’s answer to you will just be, “Oh then use your Chili spell to pop that unseen piglet. You don’t have one in your queue? Then that will teach you to start buying them and using them up in your rounds. Because Money.”

This micropig ALMOST did the same thing, but he rolled back into view off of those rocks. Of course the reason is because IF he rolled off screen and popped, it wouldn’t cost me another few birds to get rid of him >:-( So why not tuck him in an area way out of reach of all the birds so I can blow my game and pay to start over.

View post on imgur.com

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@djlarryt
    Well Level 374 is a boss level… You’re not able to use spells… Which makes it even worse…

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Bomb, Silver and Terence is what it took to get him over there :P. This was officially my least favorite boss level…

@smwforever45
    @djlarryt Even then, they would probably still expect you to use a Chili.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum The AB2 Bad Luck (and Good Luck) topic

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.