Synchronize progress when changing phone (Android)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Synchronize progress when changing phone (Android)

• Hi.

I recently changed phone, and wondered if there is any way to synchronized the progress I’ve made on the old one? Both phones are android, yes.

I’m pretty new to the game, and have only played for like a week, but I feel i played quite a lot, and made it to level 75, and really hope there is a way to synchronize the progress. I tried connecting to both Google Play and Facebook, but with no luck.

Is there any locally stored save-files that i can transfer between the phones or anything? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@duckling-2 There are no progress files that you can copy to your new device to restore the progress, but here’s a guide on how to create and restore backups for various Angry Birds games for Android. Don’t worry – it’s actually much simpler than you might think at first.

How to Back Up Angry Birds Progress on Android (Rooted and Non-Rooted)

I’ve used this method several times on AB Transformers and I’m happy to say it restored my progress.

Duckling
    @duckling-2

Thanks, looks great! I’ll check this out when I get home from work :)

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

@duckling-2 – thank you for the question

@mighty-red-1
    – thank you for the answer, helps me too

Anonymous

@mighty-red-1 Are you sure you can’t copy data to a new device? Because I go to my Samsung Galaxy S4’s files and in the Android folder there’s a folder called “com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers”. Inside that folder is a file called “main.10321.com.rovio.angrybirdstransformers.obb”. I feel like this is the data file and if I transfer that to a new phone my data would carry over. In fact I heard someone else on the nest say they switched phones and put the data.obb folder in their new phone. It restored his data.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@partshade Well, I heard the opposite, that it does NOT restore data. I haven’t tried it, nor do I intend to, since I’m sticking to the Nest’s backup method, which is universal, as in, it applies for all Angry Birds games.

AudioMan612
    @audioman612

I had to erase my old phone, as it’s being sent in for insurance reasons, so I quickly made a Titanium Backup, which I figured would work. It’s never not worked for any game, Angry Birds or otherwise. Well, it sort of worked. The problem I’m having is that each time the game is closed, my rank resets back to 1, but as soon as an upgrade finishes, it goes back to where it’s supposed to, until the next time the app is closed. I don’t have the old phone anymore, but I do have the Titanium Backup files. If anyone has a suggestion on how to fix this, that would be awesome, as I don’t feel like starting over just to correct this (all of my bots are level 6 or 7).

paulb104
    @paulb104

I have successfully used Helium to move Transformers from my Galaxy S2 to my Galaxy Note 4.

The only caveat is that sometimes the game shows that I am level 1. Nothing else is affected . It will reset by itself at random but when I go up a level is will *always* correct itself.

About two weeks ago I contacted Rovio about this. They told me via email that they are aware of the issue and they’re working on server based player progress, just like the original Angry Birds.

Now, that said, I just upgraded my game to 1.14.19 and I have lost ALL of my progress completely, actually making me level one. Before the upgrade I was level 182.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Synchronize progress when changing phone (Android)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.