Suggestions Re: Spell Cards

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Suggestions Re: Spell Cards

• I know that Rovio lurks here, so I thought I’d share this.

I deleted the game (as Dash Baconbuster), waited a few days, then reinstalled (and now play as Soar Baconbuster) for several reasons. First, I had figured out some things about hats and slingshots that I didn’t realize on my first play through, because it isn’t explained very well. I was buying hats kind of at random, instead of buying groups to level up the slingshot. I decided to start over.

But another reason I did this is because, once your birds have leveled up to 30 or 40, they give a much higher score than the spells — so much so that the spells are a waste of money. When I’m going for a high score, there have been times that I’ve gotten free spell cards during game play and don’t even use them. (Including the mighty eagle. I can actually make a LOT more points with leveled-up birds.)

It looks as though the spell multipliers are derived solely from the slingshot level. I understand that, but you (Rovio) might want to consider changing this. I’m not sure how you’d do it, but my ardor for spending money on gems, and thus on spells, begins to wane as my birds are leveled up higher and higher.

The only thing I’ll buy now is a few chilis to take care of a stray, leftover pig. Aside from that, they’re beginning to be not worth it.

Just a thought. The game has been out for quite a while now, and there are many players with birds in the 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. Matching those up with spells that are less than half that isn’t much of an incentive to spend money on gems to buy those spells.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Spells are good for winning in the arena. I say this as a person that hated opponents using spells when we were all facing the five spell opponents on a regular basis. Rovio fixed that, I hardly ever see an opponent with even one spell in the arena now. For so long I would not take spells into the arena for fear of facing such opponents again. A friend convinced me to give it a try. Using spells means I almost always get ten stars and never lose.

Scores are a different story. They only matter when playing with friends and trying to best one another. I don’t think I have ever worked so hard to not kill the pigs.

Spells are like the birds, each has its own use, strong point or weak point. I have been playing for a long time and know the birds, but only just now really learning how to use the spells.

Much fun. Though I don’t think I want to delete what I have and start over. Spent a lot of time and effort building up my war chest.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey @dashbaconbuster !

Thank you for your suggestion; always fun to hear ideas from our players!

Spells are currently always the same power as your lowest card level. This is unfortunately something that we don’t communicate very well after our design changes of how we visualize bird power (combined multipliers). This means that spells are likely to be of lower multiplier than your birds in most cases, and even by a lot sometimes. I think you are correct in the statement that for some players the power difference is too big for spells to have much value. We will look into if there’s a good way to fix this, that could also make the values easier to understand.

Good luck!
    /Hank

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Suggestions Re: Spell Cards

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.