Strategy tips

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Strategy tips

• 1. Chuck , Matilda , blues for your trio
    2. Anything that builds your rage chili faster get! And use chuck
    3. Weapons or hats that do chain attacks or multiples of smaller hits are important
    4. Fruit cakes are best potion as well as rage chili
    5. Earn resources through combat rather than the purchase even if special offer. Only time to use special offer if potions on sale.

Just my thoughts and curious to see what others have found

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Replies
  • Pigcrazy
    @pigcrazy

So if anyone needs tips for specific levels ask away. Strategy changes as you advance. Deep into cave 5 with navy seal team of level 33 birds lol. May be able to give a few tips if you need them. Great game and wonder what updates in future will add.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

I just completed the story and opened the Chronicle Cave, got face-stomped on the first stage. I’m level 20 and I only have the first 3 classes for each bird except Chuck, he has 4 – I’m not ready yet to pay for Lucky Coins and I’ve been spending Snoutlings on Veteran upgrades (8 out of my 16 classes) instead of buying the really expensive classes.

Where have you found are good places to farm for Snoutlings or XP? I don’t have any friends, and running daily dungeons with Piggy McCool is almost impossible.

Pigcrazy
    @pigcrazy

Ok so here goes for a more in depth look at strategy. I’ll break this into a few sections and give best details I can on what worked for me. So involved playing didn’t both to take notes on where all hat classes were found but do remember completing red gate areas for a couple of them. Others may be able to give better detail on exactly where all hat classes are to be had.

1. Potions/snoutlings /resources/xp
    If you need to build up snoutlings in order to purchase the higher levels of fruit cake and rage chilli potions work these locations .
    – south beach 3 (bananas) soft targets . High instance of 50 snoutlings bag pig. Stock pile bananas
    – whites garden (tomatoes) soft target . Low xp and snoutlings but easy way to build tomatoes and some water along with a few bananas
    -limestone lagoon 6 (berries) high instance of 50 snoutlings pig , stock pile berries
    – winter wonderland 4 ( ice chilli) high instance of 50 snoutlings pig and stock pile chillies
    – winter wonderland 2 ( snow apples) high instance of 50 snoutlings pig and stock pile apples

Replaying these areas are easiest way to build up resources xp and snoutlings .

Advanced player notes (the green flag treasure castles are best way to build xp and snoutlings but you will need strong birds and plenty of friendship essence rolls to make sure you get treasure chest. Start building your network of friends . Facebook if you haven’t already ( there are quite a few of us linked up ) need those essance rolls and the pig machines . And friends a must for cave 4 . Trust me unless you always want to pay for eagle bird buddy .

Next post on hat classes and bird combo’s along with weopons . For now start building those snoutlings and resources.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Thanks for that – mostly I wasn’t sure whether it was better to farm the Wealthy Rogue areas or to farm the castles. I’ve been farming the Snow Pig Castle today – with Samurai, Druid, and Rogues I can usually get 3 stars without using any consumables.

But you’re right: friendship essence for rerolls would be very convenient. I saw in the Friendship Requests thread that we should share FB info through private messages, but I don’t see how to do that – the only messaging option on your profile is “Public Message”. Do I need to friend you here on ABN before I can send a private message?

trishohara
    @trishohara

@pigcrazy if you replay the green flags for xp, which weapons do you use? Porky loves to dodge my attacks

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Check Porky’s description to see what his current dodge threshold is (enemy stats scale as you gain levels), and remember that his support ability “Tit for Tat” makes him take +25% damage.

Then, instead of changing weapons, you should change your birds’ classes to ones with low-damage attacks.

• Samurai (Red) and Cannoneer (Bomb) both split the damage into 3 packets (Samurai is slightly more powerful than Knight, while Cannoneer is slightly less than Pirate).
    • Rainbird (Chuck), Druid (Matilda), and Rogues (Blues) are great because while the initial attack deals low damage, they stick a damage-over-time effect on the target that can’t be dodged.
    • Chuck’s Lightning Bird also deals relatively low damage, but the ability to make another bird attack a second time is even more useful.

If you still can’t make a team of 3 birds that fit under Porky’s Dodge threshold (maybe you’ve upgraded these classes to Veteran and the +20% damage is too much), then you can look at switching to weapons with lower attack power. Take a look at offhands, too – if you have one with the Might effect equipped, swap it for one with Vigor or Vitality.

It’s possible to defeat Porky with only 2 or even 1 bird that he can’t dodge, but it will take longer and will probably drop your score out of 3-star range.

Loki
    @loki-jai

Im not finding any of the 50 snoutling pigs at those locations. Any ideas where else to farm. Level 13 atm. Upto winter pigs.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

For the locations that Pigcrazy mentioned: South Beach 3 and Winter Wonderland 2 definitely have frequent Wealthy Rogue spawns, I’ve farmed both of them quite a bit. I’m pretty sure he also pops up in WW 4, but I don’t seem to remember seeing him in Limestone Lagoon much.

Loki
    @loki-jai

JFK thanks ill try again

trishohara
    @trishohara

Regarding recipes: do the berry juice or the veggie cake disappear if I buy Snow Apple Juice or Ultra Hot Veggie Cake?

Pigcrazy
    @pigcrazy

Berry juice disappears when change to Apple . Fruit cakes and chili cakes are just converted

trishohara
    @trishohara

Thanks. Good to know

Sparkkie
    @sparkkie

Where do you farm water and bottles? That seems to be a big bottle neck for me.

I can do some dungeons with just 2 characters, I’m level 16, and I cannot beat the first cave level so I’m assuming I need to start chewing through consumables now.

trishohara
    @trishohara

@sparkkie bottles you can easily create with sand. Or loose a dungeon, than you get one too.
    For water I use Limestone Lagoon 1.

Furterbrown
    @furterbrown

Ok I’m completely stuck. I’ve completed Golden Fields Wave 3. All good, but then nothing. I can’t find a path or way to go. Completed it a few times and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Sparkkie
    @sparkkie

@trishohara , sand -> bottles -> better bottles takes a lot of sand… Do you know a good quick place to farm it?

trishohara
    @trishohara

Where can I find burning pumpkins?

@sparkkie
    sand should be found in the first levels.

@furterbrown
    there should be at least Golden Fields 4.
    And then water? Limestone Lagoon?

Furterbrown
    @furterbrown

Nothing! There is a road/bridge in front but no dotted line to follow. It basically stops at the Golden Fields 3. I’ve looked all over and tapped everywhere and there is no new levels anywhere. HELP!

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

When you first completed GF3, the map should have panned somewhere to show a new stage pop up. I think at that point you go on a “scavenger hunt” of sorts, following the pirate captain pig, before you can obtain his ship’s wheel and acquire the pirate ship.

Check the following locations:

• North of South Beach 1
    • East of Pig Prison
    • East of the workshop before Cobalt Plateaus 9
    • Northwest of Cobalt Plateaus 11

I think those are all of the hunt stages.

Furterbrown
    @furterbrown

Thank you, thank you!! Found it!

Simply
    @simply

Easiest way to farm snoutlings is to play daily dungeons. After completing it and spinning for your prize just click the replay button. Be sure to have a lot of health potions on hand for longer runs.

trishohara
    @trishohara

That’s a great tip, thanks @simply!

By the way, if you play the dungeon over and over again and level up 2 levels during this, you get all 6 gold coins after you left the dungeon.

actigers
    @actigers

To add to what @simply said, the easiest dungeon to get three stars is the Volcano Island (Thursday). Keep replaying it with 3-star spins at the end will give you insane amount of snoutlings. Wondering if Rovio is going to change this. The combination of Samurai + Rainbird + Friend’s bird will get you through without needs of any potions. Of course the higher level the better.

@trishohara
    : the 3 gold coins are awarded when you level up. It does not matter if you do in dungeon or outside.

Yjemer
    @yjemer

Having played all the way to the end of cave 4 without friends, I’ve found that Piggy McCool is actually a really useful resource when farming snoutlings. He can add 50-100 snoutlngs per run when farming a daily dungeon, and if you’ve got the right strategy (veteran/elite classes help a lot too, haha) you can usually get through without using any consumables – particularly the thursday dungeon, as has been mentioned before.

I remember a little while ago the second-to-last castle (the wave battle that ends with porky, wizpig and king pig) used to give a guaranteed 120 snoutlings for the final wave (40 from each of the bosses), plus the chance of 125 more from the treasure chest, although that seems to have been fixed. Shame, that – I was getting rich! :P

I guess while I’m talking strategy, I could blather about some of the good bird combinations I’ve found…

There’s the obvious Druid/Rainbird/Rogues, which I like to call “Team Mass DoTs,” they’re excellent against large single targets and groups of weak enemies and have excellent healing capabilities, but anywhere you’re likely or guaranteed to run into an ironclad opponent makes them a terrible idea.

Another I enjoy is Samurai/Druid/Spies. I used this combination to beat the final encounter with Wiz Pig. They’ve got good single-target damage, a nice DoT from thorns, and mass damage as well as decent healing, especially against large groups of enemies – drop the spies’ Glee ability onto a hurt bird and watch the green numbers roll the next round. The only problem with this team is against dodging opponents (only one who does damage low enough to hurt them is usually the druid), and you may have problems with pigs that frequently drop negative status effects, as the only way this team can remove them is with Matilda’s rage ability.

A great team for farming resources in areas that are far underneath your level is Lightning Bird or Wizard/Spies/Cap’n. Amazing mass damage especially with Cap’n’s attack power buff, and if you’ve got a healing weapon on Chuck, he can mitigate the life loss immediately. Obviously not great for anywhere you’re likely to spend more than 1-2 rounds killing the pigs, though, as its only option for healing is the spies’ Glee buff.

Let’s see… this isn’t so much a team setup as it is individual strategy, but if you’re having trouble with an encounter where the pigs damage all your birds at the same time, try using the Cleric class on Matilda. Her healing shield ability is underwhelming against a single large attack on one bird, but if the pigs are hitting all birds at once, the healing shield goes off three times, and suddenly becomes much more effective. A critical striking weapon is also a big help for her healing strike ability.

If you’re trying to get stuns off on a particular pig and can support the duo, use the Samurai class with a stunning weapon, and pair him with Chuck as the Lightning Bird. Swing, then use Chuck’s ability on the samurai to swing again – that’s six chances to stun per round! :D

That’s about all I’ve got for now, but if I remember more I’ll post it here, and if anyone has questions I can answer I’d be happy to do so. :)

Yjemer
    @yjemer

@Pigcrazy – I’ve actually managed two-bird runs of cave 4 with Samurai/Druid and a little cherry juice. :D It’s a lot easier with Porky or Piganier, but those only come twice a day. :P

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Strategy tips

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.