Story???

• After watching beta videos of this game and reading the description, I was cool about the story. But now!!! Theres no story! No pictures to collect or anything!!! Also, there is different gameplay. Rovio Why???????

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Good question indeed.
    I too was expecting something else when I first read “pinball-style”. I would’ve been cool with an ACTUAL AB pinball game. Instead, it’s a smash-em-up that barely has anything to do with pinball. :(

About the storyline – that’s a thing we see in many of the recent AB games, actually. Games like Original, Rio, Bad Piggies – glorious times when all games had a story that made sense, more or less. POP! or Action!, for example, have no such storyline – they’re casual games, like you wouldn’t really expect a storyline in Candy Crush either.
    Angry Birds 2, as a classic slingshot game, should have a storyline – but all it has is “eggs were stolen, and you’ll never ever get them back because there will always be a pig to take them away”. Okay, the older games have an endless storyline like that too, but that had more variation and was a lot more humorous. AB2 just doesn’t carry the glance of the original games – let alone the casual games.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

@sumobro although the story is for some reason never shown on the game, it is revealed by Rovio on the App Store/Play Store (and here) as quote:

“Red is in trouble…again! “After a spirited party the night before, Red awakens to find the village has been blown to pieces! What’s more, all fingers are pointed at our feathered friend. Powered only by the birds’ trademark anger, crash your way through the terrain of Bird Island, and collect evidence to prove Red’s innocence!”

I honestly don’t know why Rovio didn’t put a backstory in the game’s intro- now, the game makes it seem like you are just doing this for “fun” instead of finding evidence.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Wait, what evidence are you supposed to collect?
    So far, you save eggs, collect sweets, save hatchlings, destroy TNT boxes, kick footballs around…
    This story fits 0% to the game.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

In the soft launched version, there were pieces of photos after certain levels which would spell out what really happened. Maybe instead of creating new storyless games they should focus on other games *cough* Stella chapter 3. Cancelled doesn’t suit us Rovio!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I’d love a continuation of Stella – one of my favourite AB games easily. Doubtful we’ll get it though because POP! is considered the “sequel”. They say POP! continues the storyline of Stella Slingshot. What storyline is to be found in POP?

These photos sound like better than nothing I guess. But I didn’t see a single photo yet.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

If you go onto youtube and check out this channel’s or Gocaliber Gaming’s early videos on this game, you’ll see what I mean by photos. Also, POP has been recently confirmed by Rovio to not be a continuation of Stella. And that name change stuff. :(

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@sumobro
    But that’s what they said when POP was originally released?!? “We’re sorry Stella has been discontinued – the story goes on in Stella POP!” Check the Stella forum for details…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Action Forum (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.