Still no Gold/Silver after 50+ battles in 19

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Still no Gold/Silver after 50+ battles in 19

• This leads to the curiosity of what is actually the drop rate on gold/silver/wooden chests. I am guessing 5%/10%/20% respectively from experience. Note that I don’t have any data to back my claim, it’s merely a guess. However the game turns extremely stubborn on 19 when I am trying to get the last gold chest to drop. Is it a bug, is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the same?

Update:
    11/12/2015: Confirmed bug in level 17 (all chests) and level 19 (1 gold 1 silver). These chests won’t drop.
    11/12/2015: Confirmed bug fixed in level 17. All chests can drop now.
    11/13/2015: I think we’ll just have to be a bit more patient on this last fix. Supports are still trying to locate the core issue. (Communicated through Email)
    11/13/2015: Confirmed bug fixed in level 19. The last gold chest can drop now.
    11/17/2015: Confirmed bug fixed in level 19. The last silver chest can drop now.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Replies
  • FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I tried getting chests on Lv. 5. I tried several times and the gold chest didn’t appear. Neither did the silver ones. However, the wooden chests were taken all in one playthrough (not the first time, through). I guess the only way is just to try again and wait for a chest.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

I agree. I do believe that there’s some sort of randomness behind it. However given how easily the chests appear the first time you encounter a new level, the number of times it took me to try to get the rests seems absurd.

In the mean while, 80+ battles on 19 and counting.

Netto JM
    @netto-jm

@spinispip Have you ever heard of a clan called PM? I am part of this clan (PM-Netto JM), and among the members of my clan, no one got these last two chests (silver and gold) on Level 19

We got almost all the others, but I’m personally having troubles with level 17 too, 5 chests (3 wood and 2 silver), countless attempts and NOTHING, I got all other chests from Lab already, but 17 and 19 seems impossible to me…

I’m getting tired already, repeating the same levels again and again. :(

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

Thanks for the input. No I have not heard of the clan, in fact I am not even aware that clans exist in this game.

I am glad someone else or maybe even a whole clan encountered the same problem I did, because it would suggest that there’s a bug going on in the game, or there’re some sorts of prerequisites to getting these last items.

I am having troubles with some of the other chests in different levels too. They are lv9 (1 silver); lv16 (1 silver); lv17 (2 silver 3 wooden), and finally lv19 (1 gold 1 silver). Clearly some of them align with what you have, hence a shot at bringing the awareness to the community.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

I never heard of clans existing in Angry Birds Fight! either, neither of any direct in-game communication between players, which would exist if there were clans. Sometimes chests just pop up after you play a few rounds, and sometimes not even a wooden chest appears. I just cleared level 5 of chests and now I’m on to level 9, trying to take the gold and silver chests, because level 6 only contains wooden chests and levels 7-8 have none. I don’t think there’s any prerequisites to get chests (just random chance), but from my experience, I never got two chests of different types in any playthrough. Maybe the chance of getting chests decrease as you go further underwater.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

I never got two chests of different types in any playthrough.

I am sure it has happened to me before. In addition I got 2 silvers and 1 wooden in 1 play-through.

Maybe the chance of getting chests decrease as you go further underwater.

Interesting idea. I am leaning towards this theory too. Provided how easily you can get the chests in the first encounter compare to what comes after.

But let’s try to put some probability here. Say gold chests has a 3% drop rate(conservatively given, consider how easily they drop the first time), assuming every little boss fight during one battle can trigger a drop, and I am well into the 80+ play-through in lv19 which consists of 6 bosses hence 6 chances to trigger:

The chance of a gold NOT dropping CONSECUTIVELY in say 50 battles is:

(1-3%)^(50*6) = 0.0001075276…. = 0.0108%

Which is a relatively small number. Personally I don’t think the devs would have their player base to deal with such a small probability to go after gear/energy/gold in a mobile game, because the amount of time players put into this sort of games are relatively limited. This is not a MMORPG or online ARPG where even 1% really does have a in-negligible impact towards rewards.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I personally am missing all the chests on Level 17 (2 silver and 3 wooden) and a gold and silver chest on Level 19. It does get boring after a while just playing the same level and never getting the chests. Level 17 seems especially broken because it should be easy to get at least those wooden chests yet after playing them 30+ times I have never gotten a chest at all.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

Thanks for the input. More reports like this we can hopefully to gain some attention from the devs.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@spinispipi It might be more effective to contact Rovio support, because we can’t be absolutely sure that they are in action if we just wait unless they show up on this forum (which can’t be certain either until they do) and they understand our problems.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

Awesome idea. In fact the more replies we get in this topic the more credible it would be to file a support ticket. At least we will have something to show for.

jay-red-1
    @jdweagle1

@spinispipi @netto-jm In the arena, I have seen 10-15 people with the Macaroon Tower (the gold chest from Level 19), and I assume that not all of them got it from the slot. So I don’t think anything is wrong with Level 19. I’m not so sure about Level 17 though.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

@jdweagle1

I have the Macaron Tower myself. It’s the second gold and the last silver that wouldn’t drop.

Skayra
    @skayra

i am in truble with 19 to.

Played more than 20 time. Maybe 30+ didn’t count but all the time playing at 19.

Still i didnt get silver and gold chest there.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

Thanks for the input.

I have submitted a support request to Rovio along with the link to this topic. I will post any updates as I receive them.

justpast40
    @justpast40

I’ve not paid too much attention to how long it’s taking for the Gold for Macaron Tower & Cupid Bow, but for some reason, they came fairly easily & quicky on iPad but on iPhone I’m still searching for both. I alternate playing between the devices waiting for the clock to countdown, but I too am flabbergasted as to why it was so very easy on 1 device but not the other.

As to 17, I have nothing on either device, so I too suspect a bug.

If counting the attempts from here on out for 17 & 19 Gold on iPhone might help someone compiling data, just @ mention me with what you want & I’ll help out.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

@justpast40

Appreciate the input and the willingness to contribute.

I’d like to point out just a few things though. There are 2 golds, 2 silvers and 3(?)wooden chests available in level 19. As how I understand from the various posts in this topic, some players, including myself, are having troubles with getting the last gold and the last silver to drop in this particular level. The Cupid Bow and Macaron Tower are dropped from a gold from 18 and the first gold from 19, hence they have nothing to do with the matter on hand. We do have both the items in inventory, but we are having trouble discovering what’s in the last gold and silver in level 19.

As for level 17, all chests won’t drop.

Making sure that we all share exactly the same issue would help when communicating with the devs therefore the explanation, at least I believe so.

RovioKien
    @roviokien

Hey guys, Floor 17 was lying about the chests, they weren’t there! We’ve fixed this bug now, so the chests will drop again. Sorry!

We’re still checking if something’s up with Floor 19.

monsterpighunter
    @corporalpig

@roviokien can you check level 5 too I tried it about 25 times for the gold chest and I still don’t have it

Netto JM
    @netto-jm

@corporalpig and @spinispipi, there is nothing wrong with any levels besides 17 and 19, you guys can get these chests

@roviokien
    , so the bug on 17 has fixed and only 19 is left to be fixed? Thanks, please share with us when Lv. 19 get fixed.

Tip.: If you tried to get one chest a lot in one level, try to get some on another level and then come back, try to not spending too much time in just one level, this strategy worked for me and I got everything (besides Lv. 17 and 19 of course)

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

I have received an email from Rovio support about an hour ago. Basically the bug on 17 is fixed and the bug on 19 is still being investigate.

I can’t help but take a moment to appreciate how lightning fast Rovio support has reacted on the issue.

Thanks!

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@corporalpig I was able to claim the gold chest in level 5, so it’s not a glitch. It’s just the low drop rate. Just keep trying, you’ll eventually get it.

Netto JM
    @netto-jm

Now I have all the chests avaliable in level 17, so the bug on level 17 has been fixed, looking forward to Lv 19 too, hope this don’t take too long.

RovioKien
    @roviokien

Hey! The second golden chest in floor 19 has been fixed as well now.

SpiniSpipi
    @spinispipi

Awesome!

Thanks a lot for the lightning fast reaction on the matter!

Stj.
    @stj

…and what was the second Gold Chest item ?

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Still no Gold/Silver after 50+ battles in 19

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.