Starting to get a bit bored of this game….

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Starting to get a bit bored of this game….

• Just throwing this out there…. But I’m at 226 and it’s the same runs over and over again….Anyone hearing of an update????? New areas???? Was not too bad after the first 50 times on the same run…. But really…

WE NEED AN UPDATE…. Please….

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Replies
  • Nothing
    @autobird

There will be an update soon that will allow Stella as an rescuable Transformer; Arcee. Also new areas and modes will be available. Check out the link below if you haven’t observed recent news by the Nest:

Angry Birds Transformers Update Out for iOS – Check Out Stella as Arcee

Unfortunately, we do not know WHEN the update will launch, but it is certain that it WILL be in the near future…and I feel you. WE NEED AN UPDATE!!! :P

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

I achieved rank 250 this week, at long last. The only thing that has kept me playing is the determination to upgrade all the characters. I wish Rovio would hurry up with the upgrade.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Congrats @vrinda-rajkumar on reaching highest rank! I’m at 239, with one upgrade in progress, so I should reach 250 in a month…I also hope for and update soon.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Same. I’m at R239, working on R240.

At this point I’m just in it to get up to R250.

Technically, I don’t even need to play any more, as I have sufficient coins to pay for the final ten upgrades, even if I don’t harvest a single coin or play a single node between now and R250.

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

I’m at rank 236, and I’ve got less than 2 million coins, so I guess I’d need to play a little in order to pay for the upgrades to 250… Though, I haven’t done the math, not sure if the income from collecting coins every 4 hours would be enough to hit 250 before I go bust?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jasonred79:

14 ranks remaining x 2.5 days/rank x 11,600 coins / 4 hour cycle x 4 cycles / day (assume you sleep for 8 hours and aren’t going to wake up just to harvest) = 1,624,000

+ 1,900,000 (you said you have “less than 2 million coins”)

= 3,524,000 / 250,000 = 14 = yes!

Caveat: if we finally get Arcee, then you won’t have enough coins to get both of her variants up to L25.

oldschool
    @oldschool

I’m 194 and I was bored at around 150, already. I just log on and collect coins, since playing would make the game harder, thus preventing me from playing any further without the annoying upgrades.

Jasonred79
    @jasonred79

Optimus, thanks I did that calculation too, but my numbers are smaller for 2 reasons.
    1st… I don’t think I’ll regularly collect 4 times a day, I think 3 times is more likely.

2ndly… Rovio stingily reduced the number of nodes after the update! At least on iOS. It’s gone from 29 collectible nodes to 25!!! Grr!!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jasonred79

Re: Nodes: Holy crap, you’re right! I didn’t notice that until you mentioned it!

SoloAz
    @soloaz

I’m pretty green about strategy and gameplay. Seeing how everyone is racing to rank 250, I’m wondering if my approach is correct. I’m at R151 and I’ve got 25K pigs and just under 5 milion coins. My rationale for not ranking up until the upgrade is that areas won’t clear unless you level up. So I thought waiting until the update came along to rank up would make sense, as well as releasing Dark Megatron (since he’ll upgrade faster/rank me up in less time). Am I completely off base here? Thanks in advance!

LadyDi
    @ladydi102

I haven’t been playing as much but I’m 18? something. Just dropping by…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@soloaz

“My rationale for not ranking up until the upgrade is that areas won’t clear unless you level up.”

Prior to the recent update, I was exploiting the “wrong node cleared” bug. If I encountered a node that was particularly tricky, I would just leave it alone until it got cleared by a different run, since I knew it would get cleared out sooner or later by itself.

Now that I’ve updated it’s actually more annoying since the river nodes have become much more difficult, especially for the Energon characters since they take damage so easily. And now I’m also wasting coins since I need to call in the occasional airstrike from Skywarp to clear out the unwinnable ones.

Also, I have no idea how it is that people are accumulating all these coins? I’m at R245 and I only broke the 3 million coin barrier for the first time last week!

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@optimuspig

“… And now I’m also wasting coins since I need to call in the occasional airstrike from Skywarp to clear out the unwinnable ones.

Also, I have no idea how it is that people are accumulating all these coins? I’m at R245 and I only broke the 3 million coin barrier for the first time last week!”

I know absolutely nothing about nodes, so I won’t even try to answer that; but I will share my approach to unwinnable levels and amassing coins: I log in to the game every 4 hours to snag 10K coins (25 x 400). I do this 2-3 times a day, which gets me 20 to 30K coins daily (if I’m especially obsessed, I’ll log in 4 times and collect 40K coins).

As far as “unwinnable” levels, I try them 3 times. If I fail all three times, I won’t recharge that transformer (so I know it’s a no-go level for me). I then destroy 1 hard level a day using Skywarp (3 gems). Sometime during the day you’ll get treasure chests (usually at least 10 gems a day total I have found). So I’m okay with giving up 3 gems a day to destroy a level that is costing me coins. Just my $0.02. Hope it helps!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“I know absolutely nothing about nodes, so I won’t even try to answer that; but I will share my approach to unwinnable levels and amassing coins: I log in to the game every 4 hours to snag 10K coins (25 x 400). I do this 2-3 times a day, which gets me 20 to 30K coins daily (if I’m especially obsessed, I’ll log in 4 times and collect 40K coins).”

Yes, I do that as well. And I play excessively. But when I was R151 like you, I was probably still close to 1 million.

“As far as “unwinnable” levels, I try them 3 times. If I fail all three times, I won’t recharge that transformer (so I know it’s a no-go level for me). I then destroy 1 hard level a day using Skywarp (3 gems).”

I’ll recharge it first then bring in Skywarp. Even if Skywarp destroys the node before it finishes recharging, it’ll be fully recharged the next time that TF appears.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@soloaz and @optimuspig I use the “try three times” then skywarp strategy, but will now start the upgrade, then destroy going forward. And am selective in which buddies to use based on some advice I received in another thread. I have nowhere near 3 million coins. Usually by the 2.5 days to up rank from level 9 to 10 has passed, I’ll have accumulated the 250,000 coins to pay for the upgrade. It’s the lack of gems that slows down the upgrades for me. As noted upthread, it’s usually ~16 gems a day, if that, so I just don’t have the cache of gems required to speed up the upgrades. Although, a few days ago, I tapped on a treasure chest and it had 16 gems! Bonus!

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@optimuspig and @20qmindreader

Okay, that’s a good strategy about recharging right before Skywarp. I’m dancing on the 1K-gem mark, but I definitely don’t want to use them unless I have to. Maybe down the road to speed up upgrades, but I’d rather use the coins and wait it out than use up gems.

Any thoughts on to rank or not to rank up? Trying to weigh the pros and cons of ranking now or waiting until update—and find out if there is any value to waiting to rank up. Thanks!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

I’ve been very selective about how I use my gems.

I have about 1,500 of them left after spending about 700-800 on accessories to complete the accessories Achievement, and then probably spent another 500-600 on gold domes and eggbot intercepts.

I’ve only used gems to speed upgrades twice, and it was only a partial speed-up (made sure I collected 250K coins before using the gems to finish off the current upgrade).

So all-in-all I’ve probably spent perhaps between 1,800-2,000 gems max, with 1,500 remaining. It’s amazing how many you can collect in a 24 hour period.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

@soloaz wrote: “Any thoughts on to rank or not to rank up? Trying to weigh the pros and cons of ranking now or waiting until update—and find out if there is any value to waiting to rank up. Thanks!”

Short answer: time. I hold no theories on whether or not being at rank 250 will make any difference whatsoever in the final outcome or “story” of this game.

You probably know this, but for new TFs, the time to rank up is about 15-20 minutes. As the rank of the TF increases, the time to rank up increases (by level 6 or 7 it can vary from 6-18 hours, depending on the TF). Every TF upgrade from level 9 to 10 takes 2.5 days…by the end of this month, I’ll likely be at the max rank of 250 (every TF at level 10). I’ll sometimes use fewer than 99 gems to shave 6 or 7hours off an upgrade (depending on what’s happening at the end of my day when I pop in to collect the last batch of coins.)

Re game play: As the TF level goes up, the obstacles/enemies in the nodes change a bit: more walking mortar towers, more flying pigs…and the strength of those enemies increases, too. Enemy strength can change, too, when the difficulty of the node changes (i.e. from very easy or easy to medium).

Not sure if all the above blathering helps :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@soloaz

I would just rank up if I have the coins to do it. It’ll make your runs much easier with more powerful TFs. But I do suggest that you don’t update ABT until later, as some of the nodes became a lot more difficult after the most recent update.

And if you’re Rank 150 with 25 TFs then you’re an average of L6, so some of your TFs don’t even have all three levels of special ability yet!

SoloAz
    @soloaz

@optimuspig

Those are some solid pros to ranking up. And yep, all my TFs are at various levels, but the average is def L6 for most.

@20qmindreader

That’s definitely helpful. In the end maybe the update will auto-open up areas to those maxed out anyway, so I could be shooting myself in the foot by not ranking up.

Thanks to you both for the input: R250 or bust!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So I guess the new update “fixes” this problem.

But to be honest, even with the new features enabled, I’m going to find it extremely draining to play enough to get myself all the way up to Rank (27 x 15) = 405, especially with all the new special material requirements to do the upgrades now.

All this time, I’d been mentally prepared to get myself to Rank 250, then go on hiatus for a bit until Arcee came on the scene and grind through another 20 levels.

But going from Rank 270 to Rank 405 (an extra 135 ranks!) is going to be a real slog.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

I did the update without doing a full back up first (broke my own rule, bang head on wall), now just crashing, not sure I have the heart to reinstall and risk starting from scratch… Been looking at screen shots and comments in other thread. @optimuspig I find your comment above to be ironic…it’s a game and we’re supposed to be having fun? :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader for me, the fun is in reaching the goals that I set for myself, and having a finite endgame to reach.

My difficulty here is having the mental strength to endure an additional 135 ranks.

It’s like running a 26 mile marathon and then being told on mile 25 that marathons have now been re-defined as 40 miles long. I don’t think I’d be able to handle it :P

I’ve believe I’ve commented on this at some length in the past ;)

What's the point of clearing areas?

What's the final endgame?

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Great analogy, @optimuspig! And despite going thru this in various iterations, we keep coming back! Egad, what does that say about me :)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Same here, lol.

Although at least in each of the previous updates, the finish line had always been set at Rank 250.

Now that the finish line is at Rank 405, not to mention having to pick up all these new special materials, that’s quite literally a game-changer.

I really wish I hadn’t been impatient, and at least ranked up to 250 under the “old rules” before embarking on this new adventure ….

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Starting to get a bit bored of this game….

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.