Starting Epic over from Scratch

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Starting Epic over from Scratch

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

@zaqxsw – My mastery grinding method consists of playing levels where the pigs are at a much lower XP level than my birds. Pigs still drop mastery, but little to no XP stars.

I start each day by picking the three bird lineup I want to increase mastery for, then head to South Beach. I play that level until I spin the top prize on the wheel, then I progress to the next level and do the same. I continue this process until I get to Star Reef Castle, then I start all over again. Each trip through usually nets me a couple of mastery levels for my selected classes, and less than one experience level. With your higher XP level, you might be able to go through the Bamboo forest before you start to see a lot of stars coming off defeated opponents.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

thanks for reply
    are you doing whole route for ingredietns? clearing just one castle(src) should be faster or am i completely wrong?

burbman
    @burbman

@zaqxsw – One castle is definitely more efficient, but I get bored easily, so I like the variety of playing other levels. If you are to pick just one castle, I would go with an earlier one than SRC. I am going to run some tests later today, but just at first glance, my CPC is at level 4, DPC is level 11, and SRC is level 21. Your levels will vary based on what level your birds were at when you first cleared each of the castles. Assuming that Mastery payout is similar between the three, CPC will be by far the best choice due to the much lower XP payout. I will confirm this and post results later.

EDIT –
    Testing Complete, and it is not even close. CPC is the best castle to grind for Mastery while minimizing the accumulation of experience.

CPC averaged 5 experience points and 25 mastery per bird per play (5 M/XP)
    DPC averaged 19 experience points and 25 mastery per bird per play (1.3M/XP)
    SRC averaged 75 experience points and 43 mastery per bird per play (.6M/XP)

CPC also autoplayed much faster than the other two, so Mastery/minute was also better.

Again, this was with my level 40 team, and Castles at the levels noted above. Your results will vary based on the relative differences between your team level and the level you were at when you first completed each castle.

burbman
    @burbman

BabyBurbman experiment has come to an early end as a result of Epic 2.0 proving to be too much for my device. I will hold off on completely writing it off just in case there is a new update to allow for older devices, but not holding my breath.

BTW failed device is a 32GB Gen 5 iPod Touch.

burbman
    @burbman

Started BabyBurbmanII Friday night on a Kindle Fire. Version 2.0 is not out yet for the Fire, so I am playing version 1.5.7. After two days of game play, my new team is as follows:

Experience Level 18
    Red
    E Knight M4
    Guardian M4
    Samurai M3

Chuck
    Mage M4
    Lightning M4
    Rainbird M4

Matilda
    Cleric M6
    Druid M6

Bomb
    Pirate M4

Blues
    Tricksters M6
    Rogues M6

No future events showing on the calendar, so I hope they get the 2.0 update done in time for the upcoming Tinker Titan Event.

DD
    @toolow

@burbman
    The new version is probably using way more memory than iOS can give with the iPod Touch G5.

I observed the same absence of events, and I hope Fire has its update in time.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow I can give you that idea on Android.

On device 450 Mb approx compared to 230 Mb. Data stored 2 MB compared to 1.3 KB. Cache 3 MB compared to 2.2 MB. Traffic data 23 MB compared to 5 MB.

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer Are you able to tell how much RAM are the different versions using?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@toolow 677 MB on my device compared 458 MB

DD
    @toolow

@datguygamer
    Obviously we cannot properly compare the versions between iOS and Android. But taking a very broad stroke, the new version RAM usage just exceeded the iPod Touch G5 and iPad 2 RAM capacity of 512MB. I don’t know how much RAM a typical game of this type consume, but it seems over the top to me.

burbman
    @burbman

BabyBurbmanII team stats following Tinker Titan Event

Team Experience 24

Red
    E Knight M16
    Guardian M16
    Samurai M16

Chuck
    Mage M21
    Lightning M21
    Rainbird M21

Matilda
    Cleric M16
    Druid M16
    Princess – Not obtained but got the Elite class upgrade from the chest

Bomb
    Pirate M22

Blues
    Tricksters M16
    Rogues M16

burbman
    @burbman

Original BabyBurbman team stats following Tinker Titan Event

Team Experience 44

Red
    E Knight M21
    Guardian M21
    E Samurai M21
    Paladin M21

Chuck
    mage M16
    E Lightning M14
    Rainbird M15

Matilda
    Cleric M22
    Drued M22
    Princess M22

Bomb
    Pirate M16
    Cannoneer M17

Blues
    Tricksters M17
    Rogues M16
    Treasure Hunters M17

burbman
    @burbman

First place for both teams in Cloud of Night event provided some nice mastery returns. Too bad I did not have enough FE for them to respin the prize wheel at the end so I got what I got on the first spin.

Stats after the event

BabyBurbman Team XP 44

E Knight M22
    Guardian M22
    E Samurai M23
    Paladin M23

Mage M20
    E Lightning M19
    Rainbird M20

Cleric M23
    Druid M23
    Princess M23

Pirate M18
    Cannoneer M20

Tricksters M19
    Rogues M19
    Treasure Hunters M19

Team is now strong enough to progress through island levels without excessive potion usage.

BabyBurbmanII Experience 33

E Knight M17
    Guardian M17
    Samurai M23
    Paladin M11

Mage M25
    Lightning M23
    Rainbird M23

Cleric M19
    Druid M19
    E Princess M17

Pirate M22
    Cannoneer M21

Tricksters M19
    Rogues M19

This team has done most of its mastery grinding in v2.0, and things have stayed much more in balance than they were under the prior version of the game.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Starting Epic over from Scratch

Viewing 13 replies - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.