Starting Epic over from Scratch

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Starting Epic over from Scratch

• I just found an older iPod laying about the house, and downloaded Epic onto it for grins. I am not going to link it to my facebook or Rovio account, and will begin the process of playing the game from the very beginning with the knowledge that I have acquired over the years. (don’t buy the anvil/cauldron, don’t spend LC on GPM until at max XP, etc.)

I am not giving up on my level 70 team on my regular device, just adding another that I can actually play manually as I autoplay to grind out the latest mastery increase on the side. Who knows how far I will get on this before I tire of it and quit, but I will post periodic updates here as I progress through the game.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Replies
  • Winning Guy
    @winning-guy

@burbman

I’m interested to see how it goes. The game is probably significantly different than it was your first time around.

burbman
    @burbman

First impression is that the game seems to have an awful lot of tutorials, in which you cannot do anything except what it is directing you to do. Good for a first timer, not so much for an experienced player.

Second, I now have no idea how I can have so many level one friends. I reached level five and Matilda’s garden in just one hour of gameplay.

burbman
    @burbman

Early on I got an offer to purchase Elite Knight, some snouts and LC for $2.99. As a side benefit, I am now rid of the pesky ads that were running every couple of levels. Well worth the three bucks!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman a friend started a second game last year. It has been interesting to see their birds up for borrowing. They definitely didn’t spent anything. They kept the two games running so I had the opportunity to borrow both. They now have reached almost the same level. One set equipped to the hilts the other relying on luck. It has been a journey I have enjoyed and I have done my best to give FE. This is valuable you may not want it of course. As someone who completed Cave 11 before making friends I appreciate it.

edit: I extend the hand of friendship. I would like to watch your journey. I promise I won’t interfere.

burbman
    @burbman

@bubbley – Thanks for the encouragement. I do not think I want to go through the brain damage of trying to keep two separate Facebook personas straight, so I will be running this account solely on the strength of the pig allies. If I recall, friendship gates could be opened with LC, I hope that is still the case…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@burbman good luck. I think you may enjoy it more with hindsight. I believe friendship gates can still be opened with LC, although there are a few more since I played the island.

burbman
    @burbman

Made it to the ship today. Found that Friendship gates can still be opened with 25 LC, but I spent the ones I got yesterday on the golden chili, so I will need to wait until I accumulate 25 more before I can open that first gate. Is interesting re-learning how to use Knight, Guardian, Mage, Lightning, Cleric and Pirate since I rarely use any of those classes anymore.

burbman
    @burbman

Also did not remember that the original rage cake only required tomatoes to craft. Seriously considering doing some farming in Matilda’s garden before I upgrade to a recipe that requires additional ingredients.

burbman
    @burbman

Today I reached the first of the dungeons and played through. Team is up to XP Level 12 now

Red has the following classes
    E. Knight M2
    Guardian M1
    Samurai M1

Chuck has
    Mage M2
    Lightning M1

Matilda
    Cleric M2
    Druid M1

Bomb
    Pirate M2

Blues
    Tricksters M2

I may try to play up far enough tonight to open up the event tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how powerful the Kraken is against a team at this level.

burbman
    @burbman

It has been a while since I have posted an update here. My BabyBurbman account won the team event a few weeks back, and also finished first in the New Year event over the weekend, picking up valuable mastery along the way. During this latest event, I had the misfortune of stepping into the bamboo forest, and finding that when your team members get captured by the ninja, they are also unavailable to be played in event battles as well. I had to quickly make my way through bamboo forest, and am now at Volcano Cliff
    Team is now at Experience level 25 and lineup is as follows

E Knight M7
    Guardian M6
    Samurai M6

Mage M7
    E. Lightning M7
    Rainbird M3

Cleric M9
    Druid M9
    Princess M6

Pirate M9
    Cannoneer M7

Tricksters M10
    Rogues M6

I am one LC shy of being able to purchase Paladin, so that will be done later today when I find the golden pig.

burbman
    @burbman

BabyBurbman team is stuck at the Mountain Pig Castle. Too cheap to buy a bunch of potions, so I usually get knocked out in the third or fourth wave no matter which team I put together. The first three castles are really easy, so this may be the first one that now levels up with your birds. Looking forward to the Valentines event so that I can mastery up several bird classes, hopefully without also leveling up XP too much. I also made the mistake of upgrading my potions too early, Snow apples and Chilis are few and far between, on levels that I lose as often as I win.

angryde
    @angryde

@burbman Fascinating experiment, honestly. Though I’m not sure how you’ve the patience! :-P

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@burbman please post your enemy pig levels for this up coming event. I’m VERY curious to see how much the game adjust the levels. Also, if you could, please post you main account info too. Thanks in advance!

burbman
    @burbman

@coachmp
    Battle 1 BabyBurbman team Pigs level 31, birds level 31 – two turn win

Battle 1 Burbman team Pigs level 70, birds level 70 – one turn win

Edit –
    Second battle took a while with my BabyBurbman team, but I completed easily. Third battle, was looking like I would probably lose, but then the game crashed, and I never got to see for sure. All pigs are matched to bird level.

Coach MP
    @coachmp

Ok, so pigs are matched to bird level. I’m not sure what that means. I just posted this under the Valentine’s Day Event thread. Sorry to redulicate my posting.

“Level 70. Blues, elite Rouge, power 403. Red, Elite Guardian, power 493. Chuck, Rainbird, power 502.

Enemies:
    -Cute Cupid 3,461 health. 590 damage.
    -Cupido 4,388 health. 682 damage rage chili down 10%
    -Dark Cupid _____ health. 305 damage 1219 healed 3 turns.
    -Golden Pig 21,938 health. 975 damage rage chili down __%
    -Pastry Chief 11,212 health. 2,536 damage, 380 chocolate on everyone.

Sorry, i forgot to write down the ___ info.”

That’s what I’m curious about. At level 70 do we all (all level 70ers) have the same difficulty of pigs? If so, please, a level 70 what are your enemy stats? Thanks so much!

burbman
    @burbman

@coachmp
    Level 70 stats are equal to what you posted.

Now Level 32 BabyBurbman Team sees these numbers:

Enemies:
    -Cute Cupid 692 health. 118 damage.
    -Cupido 878 health. 136 damage rage chili down 10%
    -Dark Cupid 1658 health. 61 damage 244 healed 3 turns.
    -Golden Pig 5850 health. 260 damage rage chili down 30%
    -Pastry Chief not Faced in my battle

Coach MP
    @coachmp

@burbman That’s all I needed. Thanks Burb!

burbman
    @burbman

Team is still stuck at the same levels on the island, has been over two weeks now, and I cannot get through either Mountain Pig Castle, or Winter Wonderland 1. Currently solidly in the #2 spot in the valentines event, so I will be getting a good mastery payout at the end. Have managed to collect all items except arrows so far, so also will be obtaining the Treasure Hunter class.

Current Stats
    Team Experience Level 36

Red
    E Knight M7
    Guardian M6
    Samurai M6
    Paladin M7

Chuck
    Mage M7
    E Lightning M7
    Rainbird M7

Matilda
    Cleric M9
    Druid M10
    Princess M7

Bomb
    Pirate M9
    Cannoneer M8

Blues
    Tricksters M10
    Rogues M7

I have to say that this roadblock with pigs levelling up equal to the birds is getting very discouraging. It feels like I will have to be Mastery 15+ just to complete these levels. At least I know what it is like on the other side, but were I a brand new player, I would have quit the game already.

ratzlaff
    @ratzlaff

@burbman Just wait! it only gets harder from there! Currently stuck at Magic Shield 5 (lv45)

burbman
    @burbman

@ratzlaff – I am coming to the conclusion that Rovio has a disconnect between the speed at which a player can increase experience levels and the speed at which mastery accumulates. To be honest, I think the correct solution would be to increase the experience needed to get from one level to the next. I think mastery is pretty fair where it is at.

Either that, or grant players a mastery bonus for achieving different objectives in the game. Just seems silly to let players get basically stuck midway through the game with no clear direction as to how to resolve the issue. If I were to just bang my head against these levels, I would just end up leveling up my XP without generating much mastery, and the opponents would keep leveling up with me. Basically the Epic version of a circular reference error.

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

@burbman I managed to get the Blue’s treasure hunter, and beat the Royal Bodyguard! At the moment I am level 48 but Mastery is max 10 for 3 of my bird classes while the rest are mostly 7. I agree with you that the level vs mastery it totally unbalanced. I have a feeling that I will get the level 70 while most of my birds’ mastery is less than 20 (fingers crossed!) at this rate.

burbman
    @burbman

@leung-wai-hoong – No sense in forging ahead until you get the mastery needed to fight the battles. Better to now take a step back and focus on gaining mastery and stockpiling resources with which to make potions and enchant your weapons later on, and Snouts with which to purchase more mastery once you are able to open the dojo. Also playing earlier battles provides a greater mastery/XP ratio which will help.

Also, if you can get a top three spot in the current event, and roll the 6,000 mastery for all classes, plus 6,000 for two bird families, it will increase the mastery of all of your birds between 3 and 6 levels.

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

@burbman Yes, I’m working hard on the current event – now with a comfortable lead with over 50k trophies while No. 2 is about 36k. Hopefully will the mastery boost I will be able to go through the stages much quicker

burbman
    @burbman

Weekly update –
    Solid second place in the event, but my lack of FE required me to accept the first spin of the prize wheel, got 2,000 for all + 6,000 for red and bomb. 23 class upgrades is still nothing to sneeze at. Maintaining my mastery grind mode and trying to minimize XP level ups.

Current team stats – XP level 39

Red
    E. Knight M12
    Guradian M12
    Samurai M13
    Paladin M13

Chuck
    Mage M10
    E Lightning M10
    Rainbird M10

Matilda
    Cleric M11
    Druid M11
    Princess M9

Bomb
    Pirate M13
    Cannoneer M13

Blues
    Tricksters M11
    Rogues M9
    Treasure Hunters M9

Using my current Mastery increase method, I am able to improve mastery by approximately three levels for each of three birds for each XP level that my team increases. It is slow going, but I should be able to complete new levels without using exorbitant amounts of potions within a couple of days. Unfortunately, that means that my XP levels will spike upwards once again, as each of those new levels can increase XP by as much as one third of a rank.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

mind to tell us how do you grind those points? i am currently sitting at 10-17 but i am almost level 57

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Starting Epic over from Scratch

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.