SRC Broken as grind level?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum SRC Broken as grind level?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 188 total)
  • Replies
  • EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@poptimus
    500k snoutlings? Too bad you can’t sell those back to the developers: that’s like $80 worth. You could make it a part time job or something, haha..

Anonymous

Lol. Hey, I would GLADLY trade them in for $80 of lucky coins, but fat chance of that ever happening (let alone actual money!).

angryde
    @angryde

@poptimus @smwforever45 @epicgrindr It’s all comes down to individual goals, for sure. I’m very much with Yosh on this… I’m looking for an efficient balance between mastery + snoutlings – with minimum input from me. Because I do a lot of desk-work, I can manage hours and hours of auto-grinding per day… I just leave BlueStacks running in the background. So, Cave 1-5 works well. I tend to burn through my friends’ birds on Cave 17-5 just for fun, and to provide them all with their daily FE(s), and then then just let Wiz and Spies auto-grind 1-5 to their hearts’ content. Like Yosh, I’ve got just over 10,000 snoutlings, more than enough… and that number will slowly and surely rise. More than enough for Dojo buys until the end of geologic time… XD

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

Ah, what a nice sleep.
    After all, I’ll stop by on 8-10 and 1-5 by looking at the time.
    @poptimus @epicgrindr @elemento93 Can you all add me on Facebook? I’m Aufar Ramadhan.FB photo: Chuck toy.I never used my personal account for other things than adding friends only.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@smwforever45
    Well I finally found a place for the ole 1-5 autogrind in my daily routine that doesn’t make me want to puke… (Well actually, it kind of did almost make me puke tonight, lol). I started using it as an exercise timer. I start the level and then see how many laps I can swim across my pool before hearing the level complete sound, then swim over and rest while I start the level again. Repeat until too tired to go on. When birds get strong enough to clear the level before I get some cardio in, I’ll switch to less effective classes.

Hope Rovio/Chimera doesn’t send me a bill for Personal Trainer Services, haha.

angryde
    @angryde

@epicgrindr That’s seriously too funny, dude XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@epicgrindr
    Well that’s a lovely way to integrate Epic into your life schedule. :D

(I usually play on Silent Mode BTW – the only music in the game I’m not bored of hearing yet is the Chronicle Cave map music)

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Bluestacks has been set to mute all for over a year… in my particular case. The original ‘creations’ of Pepe Deluxé haunt my nightmares… and is – I’m utterly convinced – the ‘music’ that runs on an infinite loop… in hell. (which is where I always assume I’m going) XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    You have never heard REAL bad video game music. XD

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Ahhh, that’s simply not true!! I grew up in the 80s… playing games on the C-64 and Amiga-500. XD

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Yoshi’s New Island is all I’ll say. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    I KNEW you’d end up hearing The Yoshi Clan. XD
    People often end up referring to this single song to prove the soundtrack is torture. The soundtrack’s got some good parts too – but I agree that most of it is a failure. To me, the word ‘kazoo’ became an insult. XD

Anonymous

I’ve run a lot more tests on Cave 1-5 and Cave 4-5, and I’m pleased to report that 4-5 does indeed provide slightly better mastery per minute than 1-5, at least as far as the classes I’ve been working on over the course of these couple of days (although it does indeed come at the expense of Snoutlings per minute).

Before I get to the data, note:
    – The time of each run was measured from when I tapped the autoplay icon to start it, until I tapped the reward wheel at the end.
    – When I focused on minimizing the time between runs, it took roughly 35 seconds from when I tapped the reward wheel at the end of one run, until I tapped the autoplay icon to start the next run.

In ten runs through Cave 1-5 with my own Avenger (M12 with L52/E8 Dragon set) and Elite Cleric (M12 with L52/E8 Sweet set), and borrowing birds with an average power of 271, I got 798 mastery per bird and 842 Snouts. Average run time was 3:27, so the average mastery/minute (after adding 35 seconds per run for the between-runs process) works out to 19.7 per bird 39.4 total), and the average snouts/minute works out to 20.8.

In ten (Edit: eleven) runs through Cave 4-5 with the same birds, and borrowing birds with an average power of 303, I got 1232 mastery per bird and 766 Snouts. Average run time was 4:25, so mastery/minute = 22.3 per bird (44.6 total) and snouts/minute = 13.9.

In ten runs through Cave 1-5 with my own Guardian (M12 with same Dragon set) and Princess (M12 with same Sweet set), and borrowing birds with an average power of 275, I got 882 mastery per bird and 836 snouts on an average run time of 3:02. That works out to 24.4 mastery/bird/minute (48.8 total) and 23.1 snouts/minute.

In ten runs through Cave 4-5 with the same birds, and borrowing birds with an average power of 270, I got 1088 mastery per bird and 743 snouts on an average run time of 3:43. That works out to 25.3 mastery/bird/minute (50.6 total) and 17.3 snouts/minute.

Now, if you ignore the raw mastery and snout figures and just focus on the times (which I think is appropriate to do, since these two levels offer the same set of enemies, but at different experience levels), you come up with a better predictor of future success, I think:

With the Avenger/Cleric combo, Cave 4-5 took 24% longer per run. Since the pigs in that level drop 33% more mastery than those in Cave 1-5, it stands to reason that average mastery/minute output would be about 7% higher, but that Snout/minute output would be about 19% lower.

With the Guardian/Princess combo, Cave 4-5 took 18% longer per run, which implies 12.5% higher mastery/minute and 16% lower snouts/minute.

For me, it’s a tradeoff that makes sense, since I have a huge stockpile of Snouts and am therefore primarily concerned with mastery. On the other hand, for those of you with smaller Snout piles, it probably makes more sense to stick to Cave 1-5. It’s also worth noting that there’s a lot of variability based on which classes you’re working on leveling up. I intend to do more testing with better classes in the future, and will report back with results accordingly. I also plan to run some tests in Cave 9. Finally, it occurs to me that SRC and/or KPC may still be preferable if mastery is the primary goal, as it is for me. Lots more testing in my future!

Hope you all find this helpful, in the meantime!

Anonymous

Scratch that last comment about maybe SRC and KPC still being better mastery sources than caves 1-5 and 4-5. The piggies in the caves seem to drop mastery WAY more often that those in castles. Anyone else notice that?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The Brutes and Shamans drop mastery so often! I noticed that too.

I’ll still stick to 1-5 because I need the Snouts more and because it’s a bit shorter.

EDIT: I tested 9-5 before; it drops less snouts AND less mastery on auto-play. Not an alternative.

angryde
    @angryde

@poptimus Thanks for the exhaustive testing, dude, appreciated. I’m so lazy… I rely on you and Yosh @smwforever45 to do all the research for me!! XD

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@poptimus @smwforever45 sorry for a stupid question but did you consider that only 2 birds gets mastery when running a cave level compared to a world map level where 3 birds gets mastery when you did your calculations?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryjohnny
    I did when I did my calculations a few pages ago. The caves still give more mastery (I think Moorlands-2 and Eastern Sea-6 give more mastery, however, but that’s only because of 3 birds you can use). They’re that good.
    I’m not sure if @poptimus did.

Anonymous

@angryde
    No problem, glad to help!

@angryjohnny

Yup, that’s accounted for in my numbers too. Ironically, I questioned @smwforever45 on the same thing when he first posted his data, haha!

@smwforever45

Pretty weird about the more frequent mastery drops from brutes/shamans. I don’t think I have the patience to test mastery drop rates from different kinds of piggies, unfortunately. Macro data while autoplaying is one thing, but that goes beyond even my notoriously high patience threshold.

Pointless
    @pointless

@poptimus that would be quite the task! If I’m not mistaken, you’d have to quit the battle after each defeated Pig to track the given Mastery number each time. No thanks…

Suikyo
    @suikyo

For castle battles, minion pigs give you 7 mastery points while larger ones give you 14 mastery points if I remember that correctly. For other battles on the map, 4 master points each (not very sure).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@suikyo
    Wasn’t it 8/16? And less mastery the lower the level?
    I really don’t know… maybe someone might need to re-verify?

Anonymous

@pointless
    Nah, I’m not talking about how much mastery each pig drops, I’m talking about the rate at which they drop it. I wouldnmt have to quit out of any battles, but I would have to record each pig I faced and whether or not it drops mastery when I pop it. Would take TONs of battles to get large enough samples on most types of pigs.

@suikyo
    @smwforever45
    I’m pretty sure the formula is the level of the pig, divided by three, and rounded up to the nearest whole number, maxing out at 7 for minion pigs, and double for big pigs.

Pointless
    @pointless

Well, now you might have gone and started something @poptimus as the rate the Pigs drop Mastery and the total earned (if consistent from each Pig type) should give a solvable multivariable. Perhaps I will track this a bit (if my teething one year old lets me) and see what, if anything, presents itself.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum SRC Broken as grind level?

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.