SRC Broken as grind level?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum SRC Broken as grind level?

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 188 total)
  • Replies
  • cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

what do you mean hoax?

Anonymous

I have an old grinding method for Snoutlings :) (Doesn’t work on Auto-play).

Take Skulkers, Piggy Mccool and Druid (To keep health up) to a level with lots of enemies. Like Cave 3 has 7 pigs in a couple of waves, or that level in the campaign where a Monty keeps summoning pigs.

Every round, put Skulkers Tricksy Trick on Mccool (While attacking with Mccool as well). When Mccool attacks, every enemy will drop Snoutlings. On levels with at least 5 enemies, that’s 12 Snoutlings per turn.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@cosmicdebris
    You’re talking about the tweet where Rovio said that “SRC is a good place to grind Snoutlings” right?

Anonymous

@partshade

Your McCool strategy just reminded me: Is Bomb’s Pickpocket set suddenly relevant now, for Snoutling grinding?!?! You can autoplay with that just fine…

That said, I’ve been grinding Cave 1-5 like @smwforever45 suggested, and I feel like my snout pile has been growing just as fast as it ever did from grinding SRC. I’m pretty sure it’s been better for grinding mastery too (maybe even moreso than KPC). AND I’ve been a whole heck of a lot more generous with FE than ever before, that’s for sure! I bet I have a bunch of facebook friends with sub-L30/M4 birds who’ve been wondering why I’d want to borrow them so much lately, haha!

angryde
    @angryde

@poptimus I’ve just been grinding Cave 17-9 on autoplay as usual… which is a decent snout + exp compromise. That covers all Dojo buys + gradually increases my overall total. And when I need Squarewood for enchanting I just smash Pumpkin-Plat 2 for 1/2 an hour for 50x units. Easy.

Ed. Just completed 10x runs of Cave 17-9… and it’s nowhere near as productive as I’d hoped/believed. Averaged 111 snouts and 112 mastery p/b. That’ll teach me to make stupid assumptions!!

Right, I’m heading back to Yosh’s @smwforever45 spreadsheet… I shall never question the master again!! XD

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

Ive got some ideas for snout grinding.
    Go to Citadel-10
    Bring Bomb with money set(which i don’t have), Princess, and the merchant pig.
    Keep attacking with Bomb and merchant pig. While the Princess will do nothing but heal. Only use rage chili on the princess. This way, you’ll grind snouts but the knight of light won’t die at all.
    One more : never bring Capt’n!!!! That’s CRUCIAL.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@partshade I’ve got another idea based on yours.
    First, go to Pig lair-10.
    Take skulkers, bomb with money set/merchant pig, and druid.
    Never use druid for attacks. Only use skulkers on the second bird (mccool or Bomb) and Bomb should only attack the Minions. Same for mccool. It’s a quite extreme strategy.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aufar-ramadhan
    Eh… I don’t want strategies that involve an endless level and no auto-play. I like my Cave 1-5 strategy ;)

However, all this does make Bomb’s Pickpocket set interesting again.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

I think set items are money makers for Rovio.
    Why?
    – We should use Cheater set to win coin tosses.
    – We should use Pickpocket to grind snouts.
    – Rovio keeps doing it. It’s an indication that Rovio’s biggest money maker in the game is buying LCs for pig machine rolls.

@smwforever45
    I think you’re right about that. I wonder if you use tricksy trick on Bomb with pickpocket, how many snouts can we get?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aufar-ramadhan
    Tricksy Trick won’t change the amount of snouts you get, since Bomb will still do only one attack (only harmful effects are spread to all enemies, and Snoutling stealing is not a harmful effect). If anything, Cannoneer would be the best class to use with Pickpocket because of three hits in succession.

BTW, I do NOT use Pickpocket and I still have enough Snouts. I do NOT use Cheater and I still win battles in the Arena. I am the natural enemy of Rovio :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Ugh… I’m starting to get mad.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@smwforever45 haha, that guy is a f***er (sorry for such a bad language).
    BTW, using cannoneer with pickpocket is the same as using it with the finisher set. It only gives 1/3 of the real amount if triggered, like finisher deals 100% AP when triggered on cannoneer, rather then 300%. But that’s still nice because it will trigger more often.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@smwforever45
    Haha good for you Yoshi, way to give it to Rovio. I am tired of these games that give you something and then try to take it away because they realize players are using it to their advantage. Fight the power Red Yoshi!????

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

If you are feeling lucky or have a surplus of Friendship Essence, try Cave 1-10 for quick snoutlings. Since the “fix” (which could be equated to getting your dog ‘fixed’) took effect, I have been beating up on the old Dark Shaman regularly to get snouts for dojo.
    I use Bomb’s “Capt’n” with Red’s “Paladin”, and don’t take any friend bird. Takes me about 30 seconds to clear and spin the reward wheel for the level. If the wheel lands on the chest of loot, that’s 126 snoutlings per minute, and if it misses the loot crate, you’ll still get some premium potion ingredients (pumpkin/cherry/magic water) and decent enchanting materials (bamboo/ore).
    Caveat: The level clear time will be affected by the strength of your birds. I get done in 30 seconds with a lvl 12 Capt’n and lvl 13 Elite Paladin (with golden chili, obviously). I imagine that stronger birds could kill the boss in maybe 2 turns instead of the 3-4 that it takes me.

If anyone else finds this to be a good source of snouts, do us all a favor and DTR! (Don’t Tell Rovio! Lol)

Anonymous

@smwforever45 Agree with Shapoko. Nice to see that someone is telling Rovio off.

Honestly, I’m surprised that they’re even using an excuse like that.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@epicgrindr cave 8-10 could be better if you have strong enough birds. The pig only had 16k health.
    Use paladin with 3.5k plus health and 1.3k+ attack and equivalent wizard.
    Use golden chili on Chuck on first round. Then, attack with pala. Next hard rounds, only use support skills wisely. Fourth till fifth round, Start attacking again.
    @partshade i agree too.

EpicGrindr
    @epicgrindr

@aufar-ramadhan Yup.. 2 rounds to beat 8-10, with same payout. Thanks boss.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@epicgrindr No problem, big boss! Haha. BTW, how much is your birds’ total power???
    I think your mastery lvls are high, my mastery lvls are still around 6-8. So, I’ll skip 8-10 and autoplay cave 9-9 for both snouts and masteries. It took 8 mins/run but still very worth grinding. When my EPala and Wizard reaches M9, I’ll jump on for more mastery, snouts, and EXP if they increase level cap to cave 16-9. Cave 16 is extremely easy but still unautoplayable for now.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

While 8-10 is nice and fast (it took me 2 turns to clear also, and it’s definitely possible to defeat him in a single turn – he’s got 13k health on my game), the Snoutling payout mostly depends on whether or not you’re able to spin up the chest on the reward wheel.
    You get 2 snouts for the boss and another 60 snouts with a 3/8 chance, which is 24.5 snouts on average per run.

The snouts you get from 1-5 are unaffected by luck, but it takes a bit longer to clear the level. (You can spin up another 10 snouts on the wheel afterwards.)

I believe the Snoutling turn-out will equal out to be the same whether you play 8-10 or 1-5. But 1-5 wields a lot more mastery on the go (if I use all my friends’ birds (about 40) the birds I use gain 2k+ mastery which is quite a whopper!), and another advantage of 1-5 is that it’s autoplay-friendly.

In other words:
    If you feel super lucky, play 8-10.
    If you feel super unlucky, play 1-5 instead.

If you are more about Snouts, both 8-10 and 1-5 are viable choices.
    If you also want to collect Mastery on the go, you should choose 1-5.

If you want it quick and short and you don’t mind swishing your fingers around, 8-10 is better.
    If you don’t mind waiting and you’d prefer letting the game work for you, 1-5 is your level.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you can’t neglect the Wealthy Rogues that may appear in 1-5, either. It’s another luck thing but one will usually appear throughout a battle, sometimes two. That’s another bonus 50 snouts that 8-10 won’t give you.

It’s still your choice – but I will stick to 1-5 ;)

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

9-9 could be another great choice. It gives more mastery and autoplayable with birds that have 150-200 power each. For guys who have birds with 240+ power each, try autoplaying 16-9 it should be easy and quite quick.
    But my choice, 9-9 because i only have low mastery birds (M6-8).
    Edit??? Wealthy Rogues also appear on 9-9 but there is 15% chance (don’t trust me!) that you’ll never attack it once, so he will get away.

@smwforever45
    However, 1-5 is a great choice for everyone who wants quick wins. BTW, what happened to alugi*???

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@aufar-ramadhan
    I tried 9-5 which is also a 10-wave battle, it gives LESS Snouts and LESS Mastery than 1-5 does.
    And 16-9 is not quicker because the enemies are stronger than those in 1-5. Even with low mastery I’d go for 1-5 simply because it’s the first cave therefore having the easiest enemies.

Also, Alugia got banned for shouting at the admins, talking in all caps and screaming at people, not taking any criticism, and especially for insulting @sweetp multiple times.

Elemento93
    @elemento93

Hey guys, just sharing some data on Chronicle Caves 1-5.
    I played with Red Paladin (Banner Breaker) and Chuck Wizard (Twin Lightining).
    Unfortunately I don’t have a level 62 Dragon Breath for Red and Twin Lighting is only at level 52, so I’m sure that I could have achieved a better result with those weapon. Anyway, here the results.

Total Time: from 11:28 to 12:42 (1 hour and 14 minutes)
    Battle Time: 59 minutes and 54 seconds
    Wasted Time (loading screens, wheel spin etc.): 14 minutes and 6 seconds
    Runs: 22 (18 in one hour)
    Fastest run: 2 minutes and 26 seconds
    Slowest run: 2 minutes and 51 seconds
    Average time/run: 2 minutes and 42 seconds
    Snoutlings income: from 198653 to 200669 (2016 snouts)
    # Wealthy Rogue: 9 (40.9% of time)
    # Successfull Wheel Spin (getting the 10 snouts price): 7 (31.8% of time)
    Average Snout/Run: 91.636
    Mastery earned: 1734 each
    Average mastery/run = 78.8 each

I have to say that it’s a nice place to grind for both mastery and snouts, as the income is pretty good. Though, you have to rely on the Wealthy Rogue to appear unfortunately. During my first 11 runs, it appeared only 2 times.
    But there was a case (run 17) where it appeared 2 times during the same run (lucky! lol).
    Other downsides are that you can use only 2 birds of your own (so grinding all 25 classes to level 15 is really hard this way) and that you cannot restart the level right after the wheel spin.

Last point, comparing to the old SRC, the snouts income is decrease by ~24% (I don’t know for the mastery, sorry)

I hope this may help someone.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@elemento93
    When I did my own research I EXCLUDED all Wealthy Rogues and the level still gave 27.182 Snouts/minute. You did less runs than I usually do (40 friends including Prince Porky, Pigiana Jones and Piggy McCool; I keep one strong friend for the Daily Dungeon usually otherwise it would be 41), so your Snoutling output is a bit lower, but still impressive.
    You don’t have to rely on the Wealthy Rogues – but if you see one it’s a big bonus (~30% in your sample).

The Mastery output is definitely higher at Cave 1-5 than at SRC; but I agree about the Snoutling output being lower than old SRC. It’s still nice, and more than enough for me.

Chuck_Bird
    @aufar-ramadhan

@smwforever45 You’re right, 9-5 gives less loots.1-5 is also a great play. I’ll probably play that or 8-10 to grind snouts. But i need mastery, so i go there.I think having friends on Facebook is very great. How many Epic friends do you have?

@elemento93
    That really helped me. Thanks.
    EDIt beforei sleep and wait for event results:
    bosses like WC Wizpig give double mastery, from what i know that mastery from Wizpig’s zombies are given to bird who defeat Wizpig. Same as demonic Wizpig. The bird that gives the final damage gets mastery. Can anyone check this?
    I think WC is a fun source(maybe only for me) after SRC is broken.

Elemento93
    @elemento93

@smwforever45 I only did 22 runs because my phone was not completely charged haha (I believe it was around 40-45% when I started).
    So the mastery is higher here than at SRC? Nice to hear.

@aufar-ramadhan
    Glad to help man ;)

Last last point: I don’t know if it was clear or not, but I NEVER borrowed a bird from my friendlist.
    That was done only using my Red and Chuck (level 60, mastery 14 for both).

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum SRC Broken as grind level?

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 188 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.