Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • Replies
  • Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@angryplayer

Your theory is correct. I was working on my 500 pearls set when the school update came out. Instead of going for that set I went for the 2 new lower sets (100 pearls + 20 pearls) to get 2 upgrade off the sling shot before continuing with the old path.

If I would have horded black pearls for a while I probably have enough to get all Pirate hats first. Then work backward.

IMO Rovio should not release lower level hats, everything need to go forward only.

Seba Ciuca
    @seba-ciuca

Hi, I have an issue with my slingshot…I have 3 complete sets but my slingshot was not upgraded to gold…anyone had this issue?

vinniejf
    @vincent-van-tonder

What is the easy upgrade in ab2 and how do i do it.. thank you

vinniejf
    @vincent-van-tonder

How do one do to get easy upgrade?

Kt
    @ktcain

@vincent-van-tonder

Use Black Pearls to buy the least expensive Hat Set. That is an easy upgrade for your Slingshot and improves your multiplier for both the Hat Set and the upgraded Slingshot.

Anonymous

In the Halloween update released today you have 3 new hat levels, with 3 new slingshot levels (elder bronze, elder silver and elder gold) and 1 new card level.

If I remember correctly one set of hats were Halloween hats that cost 20 each, the next were wigs and I think they were 100 each, and the final set is Knight Hats and they are 1000 pearls a piece.

If you also tap on any of your birds in the arena, and then tap the ‘i’ (info) button on the left of the bird, it shows and explains how levels are calculated.

So you now have a max card level of 20, a max slingshot level of 10, and a max hat level of 3…..leading to a max bird level of 33 (10 + 20 + 3 = 33). That max bird level now displays above your bird in the Arena.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

Some of the wigs are a bit Donald Trump.

Sealy
    @sealy

I’m still a bit confused about all this, but here’s one question: I have a set of crowns w/a bronze slingshot. Does it benefit me to go back down to x1 and buy all Halloween hats – do I get an upgrade on my slingshot?
    Oh, one more question: I have one cowboy hat. Should I use all crowns, or go ahead and use the 6 crowns and one cowboy hat?

Penz
    @penz

Every set of hats purchased upgrades your slingshot by one, so if you buy all the cheaper sets 1st you’ll be able to upgrade your slingshot quicker.

And I think I’m right in saying stick to wearing the same hats otherwise you lose your multiplier. I’m sure someone can correct or confirm this.

Sealy
    @sealy

@penz – Thank you! I’ll downgrade my cowboy hat and see if I improve; since the “upgrade” I’ve been struggling. I’ll probably be in a nursing home by the time I can buy a set of cowboy hats.

Anonymous

Penz is correct :D

Keep and wear the crowns if that is the largest HAT multiplier you have, but buy the cheaper sets as you need COMPLETE sets irrelevant of the HAT multiplier to increase your SLINGSHOT multiplier :)

So in other words eventually you will own ALL sets, and no doubt wear one of the x3 hat sets.

Penz
    @penz

No problem. Don’t get your hopes up too high, I’m at a pretty high level and since the last update the arena has been a nightmare for me. Still though it’s worth a go!

Regarding the black pearls, if you play on two devices you get two chances at the DC and KPC , so potentially you could get 160 black pearls a day. If you can only play on one and you’re struggling in the arena it’s tough going. Good luck anyway!

Sealy
    @sealy

@penz – I only have one at the moment, and I’m pretty bad at completing Boss Pig round, so it’s slow going for me; but I’ll keep on plugging. Thanks again!

Sealy
    @sealy

Thank you, too, @chucky2. But I should NOT buy the Halloween set (that’s the only set I can afford right now) since they’re below what I have already?

Anonymous

If you can afford the COMPLETE set (ie one hat for every bird) then you SHOULD BUY the Halloween set then watch your slingshot upgrade, then go back and change back to the highest complete set of hats you own (which I think you said is crowns).

You have to buy EVERY set to eventually get to an elder gold slingshot, so buy every set from cheapest to most expensive as that will upgrade your slingshot the quickest.

1 complete set of hats upgrades you from wood to bronze
    2 complete sets upgrades you from bronze to silver
    3 complete sets upgrades you from silver to gold
    4 complete sets upgrades you from gold to azure
    5 complete sets upgrades you from azure to emerald
    6 complete sets upgrades you from emerald to amethyst
    7 complete sets upgrades you from amethyst to diamond
    8 complete sets upgrades you from diamond to elder bronze
    9 complete sets upgrades you from elder bronze to elder silver
    10 complete sets upgrades you from elder silver to elder gold

More complete sets IRRELEVANT of the hat multiplier will increase your slingshot multiplier!

The easiest way to understand it if ^^ that doesn’t make sense to you is….

BUY EVERY SET….BUY EVERY SET….BUY EVERY SET….BUY EVERY SET…starting at the cheapest, working your way up to the Knight sets.

Sealy
    @sealy

Well, Chucky, you made THAT pretty clear! Thank you so much for your help. I guess I’ll be playing with a silver sling for a while – a long while!

Anonymous

Hehehe apologies for making it a little clear @sealy but when I posted originally “ but buy the cheaper sets as you need COMPLETE sets irrelevant of the HAT multiplier to increase your SLINGSHOT multiplier And then you replied with I should NOT buy the Halloween set I came to the conclusion we were not seeing eye to eye hahaha, so I had to make it a little more obvious :P

Sealy
    @sealy

No worries – just kidding… obviously I needed it spelled out! Thanks again for your help, Chucky. Now I’m at azure and will stay there forever; I am a very slow pearl diver.

Coudog
    @coudog

I have a theory and I wanted to run it by you all. I don’t think there’s much value with upgrading slingshots since you are almost always matched against someone with the same slingshot. So why not upgrade 6 of your 7 birds for each hat set so that you would have an advantage going up an opponent with the same slingshot? Otherwise I am finding that as soon as you upgrade your slingshot that your next opponent has the same slingshot so the advantage then goes to whoever has more of the other hats and levels for each individual bird. What do you think of this strategy?

Crash
    @christopher-john-farquhar

I think I agree with that, I’m testing the theory now. You should probably get one set in the lower level and then buy crown level. Then build your bird levels before upgrading sling shot again by buying sets in the lower level. Otherwise you’ll be faced with tougher opponents and earn fewer pearls

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

I agree @coudog. I am still at slingshot level X2, with level 21 & 22 birds and level X3 hats. After upgrading to silver slingshot I decided to not buy lower level hats (I have either crowns or pirate hats for X3 hat multipliers). I lose maybe 2 Arwna matches a month due to my own incompetence. Usually I can get 8 – 10 point wins, although I am playing the Arena less as the prizes are minor and it offers little challenge. I have always thought not upgrading the slingshot with hats which don’t increase your hat multiplier was the way to go since starting this discussion thread.

Benjamin P Taylor
    @benjamin-p-taylor

Sorry to jump in on this thread – can anyone help me with a dumb question?
    I have 200 black pearls – I noticed when they first appeared – and now I’ve discovered on here all about the levels, slingshot, hats etc…

SO HOW DO I SPEND THEM?! I have tried clicking everywhere, but I can’t find how to buy stuff :-)

(BTW while I’m here, can I also ask what the little gold gingerbread men that you can hit in a lot of levels are? And the stars top left… current I have 24 in the gold start, and 70/125 in the progress bar… but what does that mean?

Thanks!!

Sealy
    @sealy

@benjamin-p-taylor As far as I know, the only purpose of the black pearls is to buy hats for your guys, which can multiply points for each bird. In the arena before you start your match, click on one of your birds and it’ll show you what hats are available and how many pearls they cost. When you get a whole set of them – like say a crown, for all of your birds, your slingshot will go up a grade. I’ve recently seen some strategies about that, but I am not that far along. Also, even if you have a set of x2 hats, you’d also get your slingshot bumped up if you acquire a different set of x1 hats. Each complete set you buy will elevate your slingshot.

24 is your level number, and you need to win 55 more gems to total 125 to advance to level 25.

I haven’t noticed any gingerbread men – where are they??

Benjamin P Taylor
    @benjamin-p-taylor

Wow, that’s some interesting UX design. So these black pearls appear with no explanation, I only take an interest once they introduce this slightly odd gambling thing in the game (and then I learn about hats and find this forum), but even clicking on everything on the main screen, there’s no info about HOW to spend the pearls (and I googled it too) – I’m not sure how I would ever have found it out without you :-)
    Does level number mean anything?
    thanks!

Benjamin P Taylor
    @benjamin-p-taylor

oh year – the ‘gingerbread men’. I dunno. On many levels there are little gold things that, to me, look like gingerbread men. They disappear when you hit them (and interact with the birds, i.e. you can’t use the power if you haven’t used it before hitting), but otherwise seem to serve no purpose at all?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Spending pearls to buy hats and upgrade slingshot

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 123 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.