SPARKRUN – INVISIBLE ATTACKER

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum SPARKRUN – INVISIBLE ATTACKER

• What is the deal with the unknown, invisible attacker in Sparkrun that I have no way of avoiding or defending against?

All my Transformers are at level 15, they all have all the available options and I have them at their maximum Spark level.

When I enter Sparkrun, I am entitled to a 315% bonus at the end of the run.

However, my three top level Transformers all get wiped out without completing the first stage.

Something invisible is hitting them and wiping them out. There is no explosion on the screen, no missile travelling in, no visible attacker, nada, nothing, zero….. just the Transformer bouncing as though he has been hit by something with the accompanying explosion sound…….. but there is nothing there!

So what is going on?

This is utterly unfair.

Angry Ace

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Replies
  • Asen_77
    @asen

Which birds you are using?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

There’s alot of thumping going on during your Sparkrun, right? And then your TF takes massive damage concurrent with the thumping?

It’s been discussed ad nauseum in this thread:

Hard Update 1.25.x.x

We think it’s most likely up-powered shotgun pigs shooting at you from off-screen where you can’t see them.

So far the solution seems to be to use Ultimate Magatron (but make sure he’s equipped with the Flail accessory – Acid Rounds) and firing ahead of you to clear out the off-screen pigs.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

That first post about the swarms is interesting. That would explain how my second TF was also down to half health immediately after replacing my first TF that died from a flying pig swarm attack.

But it doesn’t actually mention anything about the thumping or the shotgun pigs.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I hear ya, man. The game as it stands today is not the game we started playing two-and-a-half years ago, except in the most superficial sense.

The only thing that hasn’t significantly changed is the JARSU, lol.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

This is the return of the souped up shot gun pigs bug which plagued the game over a year ago.

The Carnage
    @acecarnage

I’m using Energon Grimlock fully maxed out and fully accessorised, Nemesis Prime fully maxed out and fully accessorised and Bumblebee fully maxed out and fully accessorised. I’ve made it only to level 15 in Sparkrun.

The Carnage
    @acecarnage

I found I lasted a little bit longer, meaning I got to halfway by using Energon Grimlock constantly firing ahead. Whenever I fired at objects to get scores, then the thumping would start until I again had Energon Grimlock firing aimlessly forward. This seems a really weird style of game play. This game is nothing like it was when I first started it as a foundation member player nearly three years ago.

Phillips
    @phillips

No fix until May. So is that when the next hard update will be released?

beaups
    @grathe

Another thing to fix is the stuff that doesn’t count when destroyed. WMTs and Balloon pigs for example. Seems the giant swarms of kamikaze pigs too.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Last night I realized its the actual pigs that do triple dammage during spark runs. Getting hit by a stranded pig (not shot and left behind) or any type of enemy will deal you massive damage, flying pig swarm are the worst, if there is one of the special pigs in the swarm then pray your TFs armour is up to par or you will pay the consecuences dearly.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Weird thing is when I kill WMTs I still see that spark flying to the counter.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

@datguygamer Yup, me too… but I havent checked if they count, usually when a WMT goes off it blasts anything near it so they become sparks that count…
    Its just a matter of killing a WMT without anything near it and see if the count or not.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@luis-carlo-arocha I see the spark flying from them which is why I thought they still give points.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

@datguygamer Yeah, Ive seen them fly but I havent had the chance to check the spark count before and after, its a kind of hard doing the math while blasting away xD

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Doble checked last night… WMT sparks DONT count, also neither do wood block cactuses, pitched tents or anythign other than pig structure blocks and pigs themselves, so dont bother shooting those unless they are in your line of fire. :(

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@luis-carlo-arocha What platform are you on? I recently plated Sparkrun 12 and tents give points and so does WMTs. What I mean is that sparks fly off to the counter.

Maybe it is because you are playing on a higher level?

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Playing on iOS, spark run level 9. I usually shoot everything in sight but last night I was extra carefull to check the spark meter if it moved when killing cactus and what not and I came to two conclusions:
    1 – They dont count, or
    2 – Their point value is so low that you would have to shoot a bunch of tents, cactus, rocks or whatever to actually get the spark meter to move a pixel or two

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@luis-carlo-arocha You cannot assess the points in regards to whether the meter moves or not. Whenever sparks fly off something, it gives points. Like balloon pigs give no sparks, meaning they don’t give points. At the same time, WMTs and these obstacles give sparks (only one though). That means they give points.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I think they should update the way that score is displayed. They only display the sparks you earned so far. I think they should actually display our scores, the same way it is displayed on the competition, so we can know exactly how many points each structure and enemies gives.

This way we could have a better understanding of which structures are worth destroying and what we should skip.

otter
    @otter

Agree.. i would also like to see what level i’m at before i start my run. And maybe a count down timer to show time until next event is open….

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@otter
    Actually, you can see (and choose) the level you are before the run. But the amount of time before the next run starts would be useful, instead of that green bar.

The Carnage
    @acecarnage

I am fully armoured, fully accessorised, full levels, and I cannot get past Level 16 in Sparkrun. WTF???

I always get wiped out in the first stage by some secret weapon that I cannot see.
    When using my TF’s in the normal game, their ability to destroy is amazing, but in the Sparkrun, the ability is reduced to a Level 1 with no accessories.

Well done ROVIO scamming us for more money for this never ending game.

First it was about earning gold coins – I now have 140 Million gold coins that are good for nothing! and I have 200,000 pigs that I cannot exhaust!
    STILL THE GAME HAS NO CONCLUSION

Second came the gems – I have 10,000 gems that I have run out of things to spend on.

Third comes sparks – and I have maxed out my TF’s with those….

Fourth comes Sparkrun – that introduces new levels to achieve, but the TF’s act like they are powerless Level 1 with no accessories…???

ROVIO are just inventing new ways to keep milking money from we users while they earn money from running ads while we play.

And despite everything I have tried, TF’s will not connect to Facebook to get on a leaderboard…. believe me, I have tried and tried and tried.

Also, has anyone had the game just crash out on them in the middle of a run? Always happens to me when I spend gems – so I have paid to keep playing – and then without warning, midway through the run, the Game crashes and exists and I lose the gems I spent and the score I was potentially to earn…….

I am playing on an new iPad Pro with 256GB of memory.

Am I the only one experiencing these crashes too?

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

@acecarnage Yup… My crashes left and right, both on my iPhone 5s and my 1st gen iPad mini, but mostley my iPad mini (10 to 1 crash ratio). What really pisses me off is the fact that the game sometimes crashes at the end of a succesfull competition run and when get back in the game I generally loose my points.

BTW, I also thought that I was imagining things when I saw my Levl 14 EGL shoot like if it were a Lvl 3 TF in the spark run, glad to know Im not the only one…. JARSUUUUUU….!!!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I can’t make it past L17.

I’ve gone back to L15 permanently.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Like I’ve said in another post i no longer do any spark runs as i get my 3 bots killed by the 2nd part of the run. They have maxed out the flying pigs firepower to 5 plus they have decreased the kill time to 2 hits after which they dive bomb you and after a few like that you are a gonna. They can’t help themselves messing around all the time.
    As for being hit by unseen pigs this is nothing new as its been around for a very long long time and it happens on normal runs but as they have the fire power down to 2/3 they don’t kill us. If you do a desert run when a swam appears on the top you will only see a small bit of the pig or nothing

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum SPARKRUN – INVISIBLE ATTACKER

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.