Spark Run!

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 1,074 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ramonpontes Oh wow. Is he using gems everyday to get two runs? I could have had my actual runs up to 43+ but the darn thing keeps crashing.

Barbatos
    @barbatos

@datguygamer Currently at 47, experienced crash on Spark Run once only. Few days ago while in the 4th segment my 3 bots got killed in the same spot, consecutively. Sometimes I use gems to play again.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Managed to complete L23 for the first time.

Had a +280% bonus to work with.

UM died near the start pf Zone 5, and EGL took over. The amazing thing is that EGL completed the remainder of the run with full health. Was lucky that there was just enough energon around to heal him.

In the end, scored just a shade under 99,000 points with the +280% bonus, which was good enough for 4/5ths of 320 sparks.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig Did you encounter any swarms? I just finished L23 with UM all the way and still had two hearts left. Only had a handful of flying pigs and no more than two at a time.

With 240%, just barely mad 4/5 sparks, so I’m going to hang out there til I do a couple promotions.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

Now that I think of it, I encountered a few “swarms” but none were bigger than three pigs – the rest must have taken Sunday off.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I actually haven’t seen a big swarm for a while now.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

Finished Level 40 today. Those shark pigs are tough. 2 of them took about 3 hearts from my UM. They are really hard to kill and they hit hard.

Narc
    @narc

first spark run crashed tonight (level 34 I think). I paid 100 gems to replay and it crashed again. Rovio/Exient are worthless. Before tonight, The game would always crash on the first run so I would pay 100 gems to be able to complete one run a night. Now it crashed both times.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I didn’t see a crash on spark run for a while now. But I’m not risking any gems on this run, because I don’t trust it is stable enough.

I’m level 41 now, and going up. I could enter the astrotrain with my first bot, Ultimate Megatron, and he lost only two heart containers during the run. It depends pretty much on luck, since on the previous level, I had to use all three bots to reach the astrotrain, and I almost couldn’t reach it.

Asen_77
    @asen

I am on iOS device and after update to 1.26.7.2 game is prety stable. Today I aslo succeded on the spark run and tomorrow will play at level 34. Today grab 252 sparks ( 3/5 of full sparks 420 ). Nothing new to mention. For me harder levels are becoming Cobalt Valey, last few days I always have thie levels at third and fifth part.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@gabe-nestor
    I have the same problem with Sharkpigs. They are second in danger right after the flying pigs. I try to just run from them, They disappear after some distance, so if you move slowly, they fire more times at you. I’m pretty sure they give you no sparks, so if you skip killing them, you don’t miss anything.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I ran my final ever sparkrun this morning. L23, and despite having a +280% bonus I still only managed to earn three increments – I fell short of the target for 4/5ths by a measly 270 points.

Seems like as good a time as any to drop this time waster.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I agree. What’s the point in going when even with the highest possible promotion you can’t reach full points?

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@datguygamer
    The point in going on is that higher level will have better rewards in lower thresholds.

For example, on level 17, 100k points will give you full reward (5/5), that is 280 sparks. On level 27, with the same score, you will reach the 4th threshold (4/5) and receive 288 sparks. On level 97 (if such level exists), the reward for 100k will be 424 sparks, and that is only the second threshold.

This is just an explanation to show that it is worth to keep raising levels, but I fully agree that it is a bad design. The stages should have the necessary amount of targets to give you the possibility to achieve full score in the end.

Barbatos
    @barbatos

Reaching close to Lv50 and I can’t even get 3/5 (with 315% bonus). I should get 1.5/5 pre-bonus in order to get 3/5 (+315% bonus). Now I’m only getting 1.25/5, averaging 260-270 Sparks. I sent a complaint about the shortage of targets in the Spark Run and they must make everything that can be blown out give points (Flying Pigs, Shark Pigs, and WMTs). All I get was an “automated reply” about the crashing issue which is not what I’m complaining about.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@ramonpontes I get that but what I should said (but didn’t) was that the design of the SparkRun where you need promotions to get sparks for further promotions. Right off the bat, that’s stupid. You are putting in more sparks for way less payoff and even though in higher levels, the payout is more compared to payouts in lesser levels, it still doesn’t make sense why they would make scores that are impossible to reach. Also the spark increase for each increasing difficulty is not worth it for the effort it demands.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@barbatos
    I have an average of 95k~100k per run after the bonus. I’m predicting that after level 47 I will start to have problems reaching the third threshold as well.

@datguygamer

I agree about the bad design of the scoring system of the spark run. What I think it would be reasonable was to increase the length of the spark run gradually. This would lead naturally to more difficulty, and increased number of targets. Of course, they should fix the amount of spark each target gives. Killing a WMT should give us a great boost on the score, but since they give no sparks at all, it is much better just to skip firing at them completely and focus only on dodging their attacks.

Asen_77
    @asen

@ramonpontes Longer run means long time to be target. If the run is longer, you will get less chance to reach the final …

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@asen
    Correct. That’s the gradual increase on difficulty I mentioned. But also would mean more targets and more score at the end of the run.

Asen_77
    @asen

@ramonpontes Could be doable to play longer runs if they let us use energonicons ?

Whatever-was-taken
    @dualemg81

The lunacy of the spark run is more so evident to me after tonight.

Last night 185% bonus at level 11 for 200 sparks, barely collected enough for full 200 with just UM all the way losing zero health and wiping the map clean.

Tonight step one up to level 12 for 210 sparks, clean the map again with UM all the way, I get 168 sparks.

I have it up to level 20 but stepped back to measure where the best payoff was. I could never seem to get 200 anywhere and benchmarking that many levels back revealed how absurd this is.

Where’s the fun in that.

Barbatos
    @barbatos

Lv 49, 232 Sparks is meh. :|

This is what an Overpowered Soundwave can endure. Most of the time you’ll be swarmed by Flying Pigs cause it can kill them. Noticed that in Cobalt Valley and Pig City it can’t kill pigs in the stack of blocks.

Screenshot 001.png

jasebree
    @jasebree

The final spark difficulty level is 70! I played (and beat) the level twice to make sure. Using the data from all the various runs I’ve created the figure below assuming a range of pre-bonus scores from 24K to 30K.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.32.12 PM.png

Scores in parentheses are pre-bonus scores. So if you’re total (post bonus score) is averaging ~100+K with 3 max bots levels 47-59 pay the big sparks. If you only have 2 max bots or no bonus, Level 70 has the best payout for lower scores (go figure).

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@jasebree
    Wow, you must be very addicted to the Spark Run. How hard is the difficulty on that level?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 1,074 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.