Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • Kif
    @kath

No…I never got that far. I used all my resources to end up six balls of white yarn short of getting Chuck’s new hat. Epic is getting time consuming anyway… might be time to go back to other AB games.

Kif
    @kath

I don’t use fb, as I don’t want to bug my non playing friends. And I’ve never figured out how to make friends from epic. Kind of pathetic, I know! C:

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@jim151 I and some other players here don’t use Facebook. Granted the difficultly goes up a huge amount for those that don’t, but many of us have been able to 3 star every level without using the Mighty Eagle dish. However some levels you can’t 3 star without using some chili and healing potions.

Kif
    @kath

Thanks! Good to know I’m not the only one! Yep! I am able to three star most too. Only a couple dungeon and chronicle cave spots! I’ll have to keep on keeping on! C:

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kath I was able to 3 star everything back when pig allies were limited to rank 1. Things have gotten a lot easier now that the pig allies can have ranks higher than 1. A rank 1 pig ally couldn’t survive a hit from most bosses and were very difficult to keep alive during 10 wave battles.

angryde
    @angryde

I lucked-out and spun 6000/6000(ALL)/6000 on my first attempt! Happy camper!

mich
    @m-ich

@angryde I spun 6000(ALL)/6000(Blues)/6000(Bomb) on my second attempt. Really great because I’m trying to max out Blues and Bomb first. I guess individual bird mastery is more valuable for Chuck and Red because they have 6 classes, but I’m not going to complain.

Putte
    @puttekula

How to get that nice dress for Chuck now? Can it be bought somewhere?

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@puttekula Is it not in the McCool shop in the nest?

Putte
    @puttekula

Nope, nothing from what I can see…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@angryde

Do you hold a discount ?
    I have the impression that only 6.000 for all were really obtained. Twice 6.000 for a bird would not have been deducted.

What do you think about it ?

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Yup, three-pronged victory for me too!
    I managed (eventually) to overtake another very persistent player and finished with just 2,000 points more than him; I won the materials for Chuck’s new class well ahead of time; and I got the 6,000-all prize after just one re-spin.
    Nice boost there. I’m now averaging Class 7-8 for most of them, while the Illusionist is already up to 4. Only class I don’t have yet is Chuck’s Thunderbird, as I’m still saving up the LCs.

Whyvez
    @whyvez

Rolled out 6000-Red, 6000-Mathilda and 6000-All on my second roll. I didn’t use stamina or FE during the event except on the first day of the white wool. I wanted to get to the golden cloud ASAP. I had enough days left to get in there 3 times. I was worried a little because after I got rid of the event “Boss”, Sonic disapeared. Played the first Golden Cloud with only 2 birds (Lots of veggie cakes) and went back to keep collecting white wools. Sonic wasn’t there any more. I thought I made a big mistake. I collected a couple of wools with 2 birds and closed the game. When I went back a couple of hours later, Sonic was back.
    That was an OK event. I thought it was not cool to change the amount of wools needed during the “harvesting”. I already had my 25 red wools and used no FE or extra stamina. I know some people used some of that stuff for nothing. IT had a “Hunger Games” change of rules feeling to it.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The reduction in Wool and Yarn was completely justified, given that there was NO way to get extra stamina from spins or on the map. You getting lucky is simply that – luck. A lot of people played a LOT of games, and would have ended up short simply due to bad luck.

That is why I suggested the next game offer flatter payout if they aren’t handing out extra stamina drinks:
    3 stam = 1 spot
    5 stam = 1 & 1 spots
    7 stam = 2 & 1 spots

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I would think a more fair spin wheel for the next event would be

3 stamina = 1 item
    5 stamina = 2 item and 1 item slots, one on each end
    7 stamina = 3 item, 1 item and 1 item slots, with the 3 item slot on one end and the 2 1 item slots on the other will a space in between.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

That would probably be overkill, but I wouldn’t be opposed. My proposal was simply to make it possible to reduce the requirement for good luck to get items.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@graugeist

@gabe-nestor

Or, just run the rewards the same way they did for the Red Event. The items required were actually MORE for that, over a shorter time frame. Yet I don’t remember feeling any pinch on time, and some folks say they joined halfway through and still got Red’s new headgear.

So, whatever they did then, wasn’t broken. And if it ain’t broke, don’t “fix” it, Rovio. I’d be curious to know how much money they made off of people buying stamina drinks and FE even after they reduced the number needed for the last two items.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The Red event allowed us to get extra stamina, that’s the big change. And the wheel spun a lot flatter.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@grimmjow All of the mastery was applied. Some of my birds got 12,000 and some 6,000.

Since Chuck was opposite the 6,000 for all birds the max anyone could have gotten for chuck is 10,000.

Rovio_FeatherDuster
    @vigilante

@graugeist Thanks for your feedback, both negative and positive! The game team is aware of the perceived difficulty of the reward wheel. They are now going through the feedback and the issues the event was affected by, assessing what needs to be changed and what might have been good.

@pam-jonery
    Do you refer to the reward wheel not giving Stamina potions? The potions were removed from the reward wheels in update 1.2.10. We never really got any feedback about that, so we let it stay that way. Of course, now when the event suffered from many problems, the missing Stamina potions and their importance were emphasized. We are currently considering bringing the Stamina potions back to the wheel, but no decisions have yet been made.

@mvnla2
    as @roviobeni mentioned, we do pay attention to this forum and the threads. We appreciate your suggestions and do our best to take all of them into consideration. The issue with some players being on season 7 was caused by an incorrect game balancing file on the server. It has since been fixed by ending the season. Otherwise the affected players would have been stuck on season 7 until it actually starts in 2016.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@vigilante – It’s totally OK (even preferable) for the wheel not to have stamina potions. It’s also OK (preferred) for the map not to have stamina potions, either. It is not uncommon for map potions to be hidden / uncollectable. Plus, less things on the map goes faster.

Go ahead and have the clock be the only source of stamina – it’s predictable and consistent, so players can manage against it. The only catch is that you need to design the workload to match this limitation of resources, against what a player might collect if they play 3 sessions daily with a full 8 hours sleep at night, with only a lunch break during work.

The flatter payout solves this by placing the risk management in the hand of the player, where they can choose to play fewer games with higher-reward & less risk. Or they can play small and gamble more on hitting the 1/8 item.

Thanks!

ThomasSpeedrunner
    @thomasthepencil

I’d just like to say something: I went mad trying to farm the stuff needed to get the Illusionist in time, playing as many easy battles as I could (since there isn’t really much difference between the different battle types aside from stamina requirement), and I couldn’t even get past Gold Ring farming. Yes, I completed all the stages, but I joined at the very beginning (give or take a couple hours), crafted and used Stamina drinks left and right, and still only got around half the materials for Chuck’s new class.

Was I gambling a lot? The logical answer is a straight “yes,” simply because most of the battles had a 1 or 2 in 8 chance (multiplied by star count) to give you the material that level was offering. If also taking the lack of anything on the map to help with farming into account…there wasn’t really a large number of ways you could collect the required materials without, like, a million friends on Facebook and therefore a ton of Friendship Essence to craft Stamina Drinks and re-roll the wheel when you didn’t get something.

Rambling mode deactivated, I congratulate those who can make sense of anything I just said.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@vigilante — I don’t agree with @graugeist — I think the wheel should have stamina potions and/or there should be stamina drinks available in gifts on the island. I do agree that recently some of the gifts have been hidden or impossible to open. Something that obviously needs to be fixed.
    The reason I disagree with @graugeist is that being able to collect stamina drinks as opposed to getting stamina on a fixed schedule gives the player some flexibility in when they play. Not all of us can play on a fixed schedule.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Hunting for drinks is really just a deferred “win more”, as you need to hunt for drinks on a schedule. It doesn’t actually solve the problem, as you can’t hunt for drinks while you’re asleep / whatever. Those who can hunt drinks play more, bank them, probably don’t need them because they play enough already. Those who don’t play as much won’t collect as many drinks, so the drinks they get won’t really help them cover the gap from not playing as much.

OTOH, suppose Rovio changes the max stamina from 15 to 25.

All players still have the same total daily stamina, but the play window expands from the current 4- hour window to a 6+ hour window, and you wake with 10 “more” stamina to use (assuming you sleep 8 hours nightly like a normal person).

Doesn’t that give better flexibility than hunting for drinks?

angryde
    @angryde

@thomasthepencil I was sorry to read about your struggle to obtain the ingredients required for Chuck’s (free) ‘Illusionist’ class/hat… friendship essence is definitely the key. I’ve played the game since launch, and have about 30 Facebook friends… so, well over 1500 friendship essences. I sometimes forget how much of a struggle it must be for some… who can’t just respin the wheel until they get what they want! :-(

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.