Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • mich
    @m-ich

@dragonofheart73 Yeah, I used Red instead.

Is the golden clouds castle supposed to be for two birds without Sonic, or am I experiencing another bug?

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@m-ich
    You have encountered the same bug as I did. When I was low on stamina I used some of my reserves and it didn’t ask me to “borrow a friend bird” and instead made me to play with 2 of my own birds. It was supposed to allow you to “borrow” a friend’s bird like the dungeons.

Lucky I managed to survive and get 3 stars.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Thanks for pointing out that the number of objects changed. I had all 25 red ropes, but know others were having problems. Although the gate to the GP Cloud does open when you get the required number of *, you can’t play it until you complete Sonic Dash 20.
    I ended up using a couple of cherry juice and a burning veggie cake to defeat the GP dungeon. Agree the the award is 10 LC plus a lot of snoutlings. Will have to revisit strategy for that one.
    I also used a few stamina to get through the last section and play the dungeon.

mich
    @m-ich

@dragonofheart73 Me too. I blew 10 or so chili cakes on the final opponent though because I didn’t bring Red for shields. Kept him in stun with Blues, but that was pretty expensive. Next time, I’m bringing Samurai and Princess, plus whatever friend’s bird the game may let me use.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

My hint for Golden Clouds:

Always check the pig’s stats when the wave starts. Sometimes there’s a super-weak pig that you waste a good attack on.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

I’m seeing a number of complaints here about a game-freeze bug on the Eggman fight and using the chilli. I’ve yet to take him on yet myself, as I’m waiting a bit for my stamina to build up… I take it Red’s Heroic Strike doesn’t cause a crash then? He’s the one I use more often (coupled with Sonic’s Dancing Spark to spread the damage)

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@daniel-normington-12 I used Heroic Strike with no issue.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@vigilante – Thank you very much for paying attention to our concerns and adjusting the required red & white items; also @roviohuzz and @roviobeni.

In terms of being able to play this event, my feedback is as follows:

1. It is GOOD that we don’t hunt for Potions on the big map – that’s a mechanic that distracts from the actual playing of the event.

2. It is GOOD that the 7 stamina wheel has 2 “hunt” prizes.

3. It is OK that we don’t get additional Potions on the prize wheels

4. It is OK that the gates are timed and locked.

5. It was VERY FRUSTRATING that the “hunt” prize payout can run significantly below 1/8 over dozens of spins. When I play 15 Stam for 5x 3-stam games, and 3-star them all, it’s exceptionally frustrating to get ZERO (or only ONE) “hunt” prize when the average should run closer to 2 (15 spots x 1/8 chance).

Recommended fix for the next game:
    – 3-stam game (1 wave) is 1;
    – 5-stam game (2 waves) is 1+1 (like the current 7 wheel);
    – 7-stam game (3 waves) is 2+1 (upgrade the current 7 wheel).
    This follows the 1x / 2x / 3x wave progression and slightly rewards players for playing the longer, more difficult games.

Thanks!

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@graugeist

Nice summary.

But the chance to spin for any given spot on the wheel is actually 3/8ths, not 1/8.

Or, more specifically (number of stars)/8.

If you are three-starring everything, you should have a 3/8ths chance to catch any specific slot on the wheel, or 37.5%.

On any given 5-battle usage (full stamina), you should expect to see 1 or 2 hits of the wheel (and yeah, I once went two full-stamina stretches — 30 stamina spent on 10 battles — with nothing to show for it).

Thanks,
    sutekh137

PS. I previously stated I had been able to predict things like cauldron spins, but I don’t know what I was on about — the cauldron and anvil use dice rolls, not wheel spins…

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

When the new class will be unlock ?
    At the end of event or when we have all element ?

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@grimmjow
    It will unlock at end of the event. If you had all the elements, you will get it for free. If you didn’t have all the elements, you can purchase the class at the shop (I estimate 275 LC)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

1/8 is the correct “fair” rate for each of the 8 spots on the wheel. Given enough spins, the wheel should average 1/8 for each possible result.

3 stars gives 3x spots paying, but the overall average each should still run 1/8.

As I said:

“When I play 15 Stam for 5x 3-stam games, and 3-star them all, it’s exceptionally frustrating to get ZERO (or only ONE) “hunt” prize when the average should run closer to 2 (15 spots x 1/8 chance).”

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sutekh137 — Boy has my luck at spinning the wheel totally disappeared. Either that or actually keeping statistics sure changes your perception of what the statistics are. : D
    As far as I can see, the wheel spins follow the predicted statistic pretty well. My percentage of objects is slightly lower than predicted (why can’t it be the other way?), but I’ve only made 38 spins while keeping track.

@graugeist
    — 0 for five spins is well within the expected distribution, even if it is disappointing. Having a few extra FE essence sure does help your enjoyment of the game.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

Well, feeling good at the moment.
    Defeated Eggman – and actually, just like usual, he was a pushover… ;p
    Now I just have to scout around for the last remaining White Wool…

Edit: Even better! I just used a few stamina drinks and tackled the Golden Clouds… and soundly won, with some careful use of healing drinks and cakes (as well as a strong borrowed Wizard Chuck)! ^_^

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@graugeist

Sorry I mis-read what you were saying. I tend to just think of it as 3/8ths instead of 1/8 x 3. *smile*

@mvnla2

Yeah, some of these bad stretches are rough. I agree with you that 0 for 5 is not that bad, but after starting with great luck in the red rope leg and getting 13 of them, I went the whole rest of the day with zero hits. So, that was more like 0 for 10 or 0 for 12.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

A player has a 10% chance of going 0 for 5, and it drops to 1% at 9 spins.

If the long-term averages held, I would have gotten my 15 rings with plenty of time to spare, nor required ANY potions to get my 20 red ropes (to say nothing of the original 25 required) this morning. That’s 35 items total, which should have been easily farmable in 3.5 (max 4) full days of consistent 3-star play.

I know how many potions (and FE) I burned, and I can tell you that my long-term average is running at least 30% below expectation.

Tobmec
    @tobmec

I have crashed twice in a row, via freeze up, on the third level (two waves) of the final leg of Sonic Dash. 10 stamina! Is anyone else experiencing this? I have been using paladin and cap’n. Help? Result of changes made last night?

Tobmec
    @tobmec

It just happened a third time in a row. This time with chuck and red paladin.

cosmicdebris
    @cosmicdebris

@vigilante

I hear you but this is ridiculous I have lost over 50 stamina in this event and Rovio support has not done anything to get me my stamina back. My first request to support was submitted the day the event started. By the time someone replies the event will be over.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@tobmec Please read the original post on the first page. Information about how the freeze occurs is detailed there.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@vigilante As always, thank you to Rovio Support for keeping an eye on our little forums. I hope you know that we appreciate it.

burbman
    @burbman

@dragonofheart73 @grimmjow – Illusionist just unlocked for me as soon as I obtained the final ball of yarn. I spent stamina drinks and FE to play the three drink level until I reached the goal. Cost about 57 drinks and 30 FE to get there. Now waiting until I regenerate some stamina to play through the remaining levels.

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

@burbman

Ah okay that’s good to know. I have already completed all levels and is half-way on white wool items. Just taking my time knocking down 3-stamina to get the wool and play the golden clouds once a day. Shouldn’t be a problem on getting all goals as there’s only 3 active players on my board so a top 3 is easy. (although I’m in lead)

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman

Cool, I am going to be able to improve his mastery now.
    Do you know if his mastery appears to the infinity in the dojo ?
    (As the new class of Red last time).

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@grimmjow

If you are referring to being able to keep clicking and having mastery available for snoutlings all the way to maximum, then no — not unless you have somehow already maxed out your mastery (to level 12) for all other classes.

Mastery max was increased with the last update, so there is no single-class upgrade that can focus all snoutlings on a new class any more (unless, like I said, you got all other headgears to mastery 12 already…)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.