Sonic Dash

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 404 total)
  • Replies
  • angry bird
    @angry-bird123

empty stamina 3x in a day and you’ll get enough to beat the event. takes about 15mins every 3hours 45mins of waking time. meaning one can empty the stam minimum 3x a day. i did the previous event with red’s new headdress and used very little of stam drinks/FE respins. now im also well ahead of the timer having 11/25 ropes with about 40hours left on timer as of now. 10 in the next 24hours and and 4 for the next day before the last gate opens. until now it’s been a cakewalk like this. could be that the last gate will be tight but its doable

angryde
    @angryde

Gathering the required materials for ‘Stone Guard’ and ‘Illusionist’ isn’t a problem when you’ve been playing the game since its launch… I have, like, 1500x essences of friendship. And, I believe, 300x spare stamina drinks. Lol. I’m not sure about the hit rate on reward wheel spins… sometimes I luck-out on the first spin, and sometimes it takes 10x re-spins. Dunno, but it seems fairly balanced to me. I think we always ‘remember’ unlucky runs and ‘forget’ lucky runs! I know I do.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’m doing quite well in gathering the rope. Got 18/25 with 42 hours remaining. The only stamina drinks used were right after the gate opened to do all 5 levels quickly. No re-spins. Got over 500 stamina drinks in the bank, so the last item won’t be problem.

LeUsername
    @thisepicplayer

I never used any stamina drinks for any of the items. I only used several friendship tokens here and there, but never more then 10.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

I’ve played something like 16 battles today and got only 2 red ropes. Not cool. I suspect if I was re-rolling my chances would increase (because they want you to buy money for FE perhaps). But I only have 20 FE and am reserving them for the final stage.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pam-jonery — I hate to tell you this, but I think re-rolls for the final award wheel (the one with 6000 mastery for all) are 10 FE.
    Do you have FB friends? I think you can still get up to 5 FE per day from friends.
    I’ve had pretty good luck with the award wheel, and now have all 25 ropes. I have used some FE. Once you get the required items, the award wheel changes to higher rewards. Once it does, your best option (average mastery/snoutling) is the 5 stamina battle.

BINH
    @binh

idk why there’s so much complaining. Just play 7-stamina battle; u will have 75% to get items; if not; use FEs. i get 8/9 items per day; i think i will get thru this event easily

KillerKea
    @killerkea

You only have a 75% chance if you 3 star the 7 stamina battle. Many people will not be able to 3 star it 100% of the time without using consumables. Also you will earn items at a lower average stamina cost using the 3 stamina battles.

mich
    @m-ich

3 stamina battles are better for another reason – since they are 1 wave and 7 stamina battles are 3 waves, you can spend 9 stamina in about the same time as someone else would spend 7 – faster if you have the golden chili.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I only play 3 Stamina Battles when trying to acquire items. It’s better/faster/easier.

If you’re able to 3 Star a 7 Stamina battle without using resources , then fantastic. I’m not.

Incidentally, I’ve acquired (yesterday) all the items I needed for this Stage from 3 Stamina Battles.

Daniel Normington
    @daniel-normington-12

I know I wasn’t sure how to use Sonic at first, but I soon worked out a strategy, teaming him with Paladin Red and Cap’n Bomb.
    His Dancing Spark attack on the strongest enemy deals high collateral damage when used in conjunction with a whipped-up Red’s Heroic Strike rage attack… having the golden chilli myself, this makes for an EXCELLENT opener if the first wave has one strong foe and several weak ones.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

@mvnla2 I currently have 26 FE which I’ll be reserving for the final stage. Unfortunately I don’t know ANYONE who plays this game so I’m not getting any free FE from anywhere and I’ve noticed that the message totem has been very stingy lately. I cashed in a few old set items for an additional 6 FE. I don’t particularly care about re-rolling for the 6000 mastery for all, I’m more interested in getting Chuck’s class upgrade so if necessary I’ll use the FE to get the 30 ropes. I still have 6 red ropes to get with under 24 hours remaining but I think I’ll get them. I’ve found that the second 3-battle is more generous than the first one as far as good spins are concerned. It’s also easier without that shark! There’s no danger of me not winning top place as all on my leaderboard are apparently dummies. I now have over 31k in points and second place only has about 7k. I wonder how many points folks who are really competing have? It sucks to not know how I’m doing compared to real competitors!

RizDub
    @rizdub

@pam-jonery Do you connect the game to a personal FB account? If you switch to a non-personal FB account (like I did) it becomes MUCH easier to stockpile FE (and play the Chronicle Caves, for that matter). Once I found out this event was coming I asked for FE every day, and plan on continuing until the event ends. I think I had around 160 FE (the exact number escapes me) when the event started, and I currently have around 100 left.

@daniel-normington-12
    I use Sonic alongside Bard Matilda and Paladin Red (or Wizard Chuck if I’m not allowed to use Red). The sets I use are Red’s Grand Slam, Chuck’s Twin Lightning set, and Matilda’s Sweet set. This combo has worked pretty well for me.

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

@rizdub I did consider doing that actually. What do you get, a daily FE out of it? I may do that then, once this event is over (they’re certainly not getting my real FB ID!). I don’t want to disrupt my achievements by messing with it right now lol. So it also allows you to ‘borrow’ a bird for the caves? I mostly just do one of those a day using the Pigiana Jones character, he’s the only one that I find to be of much use on the tougher battles. I’m on the last cave anyway so not in too much of a hurry. Thanks for the input :)

angryde
    @angryde

@pam-jonery You can receive a maximum of 5x ‘Essences of friendship’ per day from your Facebook friends. And, yes, having a live Facebook connection linked to ABE permits you to use one of your friends’ birds roughly once per day (in the caves… this really adds up!). You also get a bonus lucky coin as a daily reward.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@pam-jonery — If you have a FB account connected to the game (I use a non-personal FB account), you get as many as 4 or 5 FE per day + you can borrow a friend’s bird for the caves and for the daily dungeon + 1 free roll per day from a friend + the rainbow bar fills up a little when your friends roll on your GPM.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

It sucks that you guys already have the 25. I’ve been playing the 3s constantly and am comfortably leading with over 32,000 score. I only have 9 ropes, despite 3-star every fight.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@graugeist

Only 9?! Are you using every bit of refreshed stamina (other than maybe 3-4 hours every night)?

Don’t get me wrong, I feel for you. I stayed at 13 ropes all day yesterday — not a single hit in 15-20 battles.

And for everyone saying, “it’s so easy”, I can mathematically assure you it isn’t (and it only takes one exception to prove that this Event isn’t drop-dead simple).

In 52.5 hours of this leg of the event running (I am currently all out of stamina), I have 20 out of 25 ropes. If you take off three hours per night for the past two nights, that means I got 20 items in 46.5 hours. That means 0.43 items per hour. With 19.5 hours left, minus three hours off for tonight, that equates to 16.5 x 0.43 = 7 more items I will get if my rate stays the way it has been..

So, yeah, I’ll make it — by 2 items. And that’s three items short for the 30 we have to get next. That’s the cold hard math for a real example.

Not to mention, I started this leg with full stamina (15) and used extra stamina to finish out the leg battles (so, 8 potions used). And I always use some stamina to make sure I get the last one or two stamina used up before going to bed. All told, that is probably about 30 stamina potions I have had to use on this leg alone. That’s ten battles, and that’s 2 or 3 ropes right there that without using potions and the three hours before the gate opened to save up, I might not have hit 25. Tomorrow when the next gate opens I may or may not be able to start with full stamina depending on my luck (because I might as well keep trying for rope if I still need some).

In summary, no, this isn’t a slam dunk. Someone couldn’t have missed half of the event, for example, and come in and gotten the headgear like I hear people saying about the Red event, at least not without using a lot of stamina potions and FE — which isn’t an option for a new(er) player. This is a non-fun grind that even Sonic the Hedgehog cannot make fun. That’s pretty unfun.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

So am I right in thinking that the last area will be open for 72 hours as well?

I believe the counter display rounds down. So when it says “3 days” it actually means “some amount of time between 72 and 96 hours”.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@amslimfordy

I believe so, I think you have it right. We’ll have 72 hours to get 30 items. And win the battles. And explore the Golden Cloud area. Days and days of drudgery just to barely have a chance to reap the rewards of opening all the gates (heck, I might not have the time or stamina to explore the Golden Cloud area at all! That is going to take stamina, right?)

Thanks,
    sutekh137

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist @sutekh137 — I’ve had pretty good luck by tapping the wheel rather than spinning. Might be my imagination, because I do use FE to re-spin.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@AMSlimfordy — Can’t you go back to collect items you are missing? Doesn’t really help with the time/stamina constraints. GP cloud opens in 46 hrs.

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

In my experience, it makes no difference whether you spin the wheel, tap it, or even pull it backwards. It does what it does. And I’ve been using BlueStacks (emulator) where a click is all I can really do (hard to do any sort of meaningful “swipe”). Another way I know that tapping different ways has no effect is when rolling for items at the anvil and cauldron. I could predict within a few piece of Rage cake, for example, exactly how many I was going to get for a given number of ingredients. And it made no difference in how I tapped or swiped the wheel. (We are talking hundreds, if not thousands, of spins).

Yes, I don’t see why we can’t go back and get what we are missing. But as you said, that doesn’t help with time constraints. Might as well get everything you need before proceeding if your goal is to get the new class.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@mvnla2

The Golden Cloud area opens when we have enough stars — what you see there isn’t a countdown timer, so I assume it will open as soon as we have 55 stars, meaning just minutes after the next gate opens.

Thanks,
    sutekh137

Pam Jonery
    @pam-jonery

@sutekh137 I’m in a slightly better position than you, I have 24/25 now. I’m doing much better than yesterday when I was mostly unsuccessful with my spins. Then I switched to the second 3-battle and that’s paid out much better than the first one did (like you yesterday I played about 15 rounds and got no red ropes out of it). I haven’t used any additional stamina drinks and missed about 6 or 7 hours overnight (I refuse to NOT sleep!).

@MVNLA2
    Where does the FB friendship essence come from? If I create a dummy FB account, I won’t have any friends on it and nobody who actually plays Epic so how do you get FE out of it? I’m not willing to expose my real FB friends to potential snooping by Rovio which no doubt wants details of your friends, among other things! If you’re getting 4 or 5 FE out of that link per day, is that because you have 5 friends? Just curious to know the dynamics of this before bothering with making up an FB account for Epic lol

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Sonic Dash

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 404 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.