"Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“You may find you have to do this 5 or 6 times before the app finally relents and lets you keep playing.”

Tried that, didn’t work.

“I am convinced the problem is two-fold – firstly, every time I complete a mission the bug happens repeatedly, and secondly, when I move from one internet connection to another, ie home to work wi-fi. At least it doesn’t affect the time remaining on current character up-grades.”

I definitely agree with the first. But I’ve yet to notice any sort of correlation between this bug and my WiFi source.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Looks like you’ve got an even more annoying strain of this bug. The other thing I do if it persists in asking me to Up-date – simply hard close and leave the game for 30 mins or so, usually does the trick. I really hope Rovio sort this out ASAP, I’ve lost count of how many coins/gems I’ve lost, not to mention the hours waiting for missions to complete!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“simply hard close and leave the game for 30 mins or so, usually does the trick.”

I’ll give that a try, thanks.

“I’ve lost count of how many coins/gems I’ve lost, not to mention the hours waiting for missions to complete!”

Yeah, no kidding!

Victor
    @victor

The issue has gotten worse for me.

I am not able to collect the rewards for a specific completed mission without the game resetting itself afterwards. So for over 24 hours now, I have let a mission portal go untouched. I can’t start new missions in that portal either obviously.

More than 10 times I have tried to collect the rewards during the last day or so. Each time, the game resets. Nothing I do works, including hard closing the game when the pop-up appears with the reset message.

dmsral
    @dmsral

The hard reboot method has been working for me (iPhone 5S). When the message pops up, don’t click OK, just reboot. I call it pressing the “Not OK” button. :-) I seem to have the most problems when two or missions have ended, then I reboot after processing each one.

Victor
    @victor

Can somebody please help?

Since Wednesday I haven’t been able to collect the rewards from the mission portal on the right side of the island. Each time I collect the rewards, the game resets itself on the next reboot. I’ve tried it over 30 times now. Basically a mission portal is completely out of commission, meaning I am not getting tons of materials, coins and gems.

All the tips here thus far haven’t worked, including hard closing the game when the popup appears.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sorry mate, but if the hard reset isn’t solving it, then you’re SOL. I don’t think anyone else has come up with a better solution as of yet, although you seem to be getting hit a lot harder than the rest of us by this bug.

Although I’m wondering if completely disconnecting from Facebook and/or Game Center might help (no idea how to do that though) since that’s how the game saves progress online.

Victor
    @victor

Well, it’s worth a try. Not sure how to disconnect from Game Center, but Facebook is easy. I’ll report back.

Victor
    @victor

It worked!! I’ve restarted the game a couple of times after collecting rewards from the completed mission to verify…

I logged out of Facebook, per the advice of @optimuspig. Presumably the game still has a Game Center backup since I am on iOS. Might part of the reason be that the Game Center backup stores missions differently than the Facebook backup and they conflict somehow?

Anyway, here are some other observations since I collected rewards from the same mission over 30 times. It was a 24-hour mission for which I enlisted three level 11 bombers.
    – Sometimes I got three keys, other times four keys. The amount of keys seems to be totally random.
    – The rewards varied wildly as well. Sometimes I got a lot of gems, other times a lot of coins. On occasion I got just some crappy material and very few coins. So rewards seem to be random as well.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Glad it worked. Although even with Game Center only, it’ll still crop up from time to time (just not nearly as much). And the hard reset should work (most of the time) when it does.

Victor
    @victor

Yeah, for everyone here it is probably very advisable to log out of Facebook. If that will prevent half of all resets, I’d be happy.

MK1231
    @mk1231

Have been playing since early May and achieved Level 121 (?) as of yesterday. Have been experiencing game crashes after 30 minutes of playing (both during gameplay and not) and bonus videos that wouldn’t play w/ a solid wi-fi connection since early on. Was debriefing (2) missions yesterday when game crashes, close app, restart, crashes, close app, restart, crashes, restart phone, and game completely resets itself, losing all progress, starting over at Level 1. Any chance progress can be restored?

One device
    Samsung Galaxy 6S
    v. 1.5.18

theycallmejazz
    @theycallmejazz

It happened to me twice today, “most annoying”.. I’m playing only on an iPad 3, Ill try the hard close method next time it pops up but for now I’m done playing.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It occurred to me this morning that if I shut off my wi-fi / data connection then the app can’t do it’s update thing, since it’s cloud-based.

Not a problem for me since I’m boycotting videos anyway, so I’m happy to play ABT sans data.

taco
    @geary

I am Prime! Now what?

Victor
    @victor

Yeah, I figured this out as well this week. So I now only play without wifi on. This is a case where the bugs actually facilitate the boycott.

jman
    @jman

@optimuspig

Curious if playing sans data has any effect on gameplay. I’ll be in the Sierras later this week and there is no cell/wifi coverage, go figure. I was just planning on playing the longest missions given and upgrading Tfs for the week, not gonna bother playing the nodes as they are battery sucking pigs.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jman

Enjoy the liberty of not planning your missions around Wi-Fi access :)

jman
    @jman

@optimuspig

:) thanks

With the gem output seemingly better than it was I may get to unlock the last hard missions slot before I leave…. only 81 to go. If so I’ll be sans game for the week.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Is it just me or has this got worse in the past few days? I’m logged out of Facebook and have been using the hard reset tactic when neccessary, but it now seems the only way I can actually play is to put my IPhone on Airplane Mode – otherwise, as soon as I start the game I get the Updating Progress message. Driving me nuts!!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It’s been pretty stable for me over the past few weeks. Only pops up once or twice a day (of course, depends on how often I play).

But as mentioned, killing the data/Wi-Fi is the only sure fire way of stomping on the progress update.

FatBoy
    @aleks10

so let me tell you something, I just recived a new upgrade for Android and it looks like Rovio cancelled the game, it wont start up, so from bad to worse… very dissapointed…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@aleks10 wrote:

“so let me tell you something, I just recived a new upgrade for Android and it looks like Rovio cancelled the game, it wont start up, so from bad to worse… very dissapointed”

FYI:

Blue Streak Update CRASHES

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has this bug been fixed by any of the recent patches?

nikki567
    @nikki567

Not for me, Optimus_Pig…I get the infernal Restart, then the game quits (on both iPad and iPhone.) I emailed Rovio yesterday, but no answer yet.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.