"Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

• I was on the main map when all of a sudden I got a pop up screen that gave me the message:

“Please Wait, updating Progress. We have to restart your game.” (or something like that)

Immediately prior to this, I had mission portals in the following status:

– two of them had been completed and their respective rewards claimed
    – one of them was still in progress (with about 3h left to go)

Immediately after this, all three portals were completed, and all three with rewards unclaimed

I don’t know if there was any effect on my pigs, coins, gems, or special mats.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Holy crap, it just happened again.

This time, the status of all three portals reverted to what they were prior to the first “Progress Update”.

Again, I didn’t write down what my pigs/coins/gems/mats were prior to this, but it feels like I got to keep some if not all of my mission rewards. The gems and special materials are definitely higher.

Edit: checked a bit later, and my gems went back down by 10????

DawniJeann
    @dawni-criswell

I get that message when I alternate from playing on my iPad & iPhone.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I only have one device, so it must be something else going on.

Anonymous

Weird the only time that happens is when you uninstall, reinstall and connect to FB. You didn’t uninstall your game recently did you?

ameico81
    @ameico81

It happened to me several times in the past few days too. It feels awful when I get a super rareium and few minutes later, the message pops up and everything is reverted. There goes my rareium… argh. Can rovio pls check what’s going on? Only 1 device for me too.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@partshade

I did the uninstall/reinstall to fix the crash-on-start bug in v.1.5.15 but that was like five days ago.

This only started happening a few hours ago, but it’s stopped happening since my earlier posts above.

And I don’t use FB, I use iOS Game Center.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m also fairly sure that these “extra” missions (as mentioned in the OP) counted towards the missions completed achievement.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Dammit, it just happened again!

All three of my missions were active at the time, and now all three are inactive.

I also lost the gems I used on a couple of Eggbot Intercepts in the past half hour.

The TFs that I played in those intercepts are back in the nodes I ran, but unfortunately no Eggbots!!!!

So I’m guessing my coins from those node runs are gone too :(

Cerpin
    @cerpin

This has been happening to me since the previous up-date. It wasn’t really a problem then, just meant that the last 30 mins or so of playing had to be repeated. However – I’ve now twice had my progress up-dated but its meant that I’ve had to again claim prizes from missions – and due to the randomness of this, I have lost out on Super Rareium!

Although I have recently had this happen, and actually benefited as I got 5 Super Rareiums this time! But on the whole I would agree that it is very annoying.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It just happened to me again, and this time it cost me 3 Super Rareiums! Grrrrr ….

Not the end of the world, but still annoying.

What’s actually worse is that I’d just barely managed to get an Optimus Prime through on a Very Hard node run with just one sliver of health left, but now after the game reset he’s back, and now I can’t do it again *cry*

nikki567
    @nikki567

I posted about this a while ago and was shut down. (Redirected.) This is happening Intermittently. I have lost lots of coins, etc, but have kept my Silo 15 status. I think that perhaps the moderator assumed I was referring to the original issue last week, but perhaps I was not clear in my post. Anyway, the “restart game” function has cost me countless resources. Is the Rovio poster around?

nikki567
    @nikki567

@Optimus_pig, I am experiencing this intermittently – mostly I keep my resources, sometimes not. Initially, I thought I was experiencing Ground Hog Day, lol. Oh man, I have lost so much this past day (it’s new,) including upgrades. By the way,I tried to bring this up but the moderator redirected me and shut down my question thread. Is this normal? I see your posts a lot and always learn a lot from you. Is there anything I should do, like contacting that person, before posting a new question? Just asking. anyway, good luck.

nikki567
    @nikki567

I am only on one device, too, and have experienced the forced Restart since yesterday, after a week of seamless playing.

nikki567
    @nikki567

Also, I am experiencing that any new TF comes up at zero health.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

It feels like this is always happening shortly after my missions have completed and I’ve claimed my mission rewards.

And this latest time, just to rub salt in the wound, I had a “Summon Reinforcements” mission waiting ready to go with an Airachnid, and after the “Progress Update” my new missions all reset again!

ARGH!

MysticBurn
    @renitz

Had it yesterday, got my first super rareium after a hard portal mission (3 out 5 keys).
    Then within half a minute that “Please Wait, updating Progress. We have to restart your game.” message. After that poefff rareium gone, after selecting three new presents, yeah you can guess it no rareium, had to use 2 * 30 gems to get. Which is half of what I have.
    After that I got even more frustrated, then I noticed my silo wasn’t lvl 10.
    Aaargghh @*@$&)@%) lol, waisted 60 gems.

Victor
    @victor

I’ve had this experience as well.

Transformers has got to be Rovio’s buggiest game ever.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@rumblebee

Any chance you or one of your colleagues could follow up on this as well?

Thanks.

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

Thanks @optimuspig for letting us know about this!
    Is there any possibility that you have played the game with two different devices, while using one progress level? This is the only possibility that comes in to mind, since this would explain why your game would try to load your progress in the middle of the game (transferring your older progress from your another device via Game Center or Facebook). This is just speculation at the moment, since we’ve never encountered this before. Sorry that I can’t be more of an assistance regarding this matter, however I will let you know if we find out something more about this issue!

Thanks again!

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@rumblebee

Thanks for looking into this. I can’t speak for the others, but these are my general conditions:

v1.5.15
    iOS 8.3
    iPad Mini 1st Gen WiFi

I only play on this one device, and I don’t have ABT installed on any other devices.

I don’t use Facebook at all.

Backups are enabled though iOS Game Center, but I don’t play the game through Game Center – I launch the app from the iPad’s main screen.

And as mentioned in one of my other posts, this only seems to happen shortly after completing the new missions – I don’t know if there’s any connection, or if this is just bad luck.

Hope this helps.

MysticBurn
    @renitz

I’m also only one device. Further info:
    iphone 4S iOS 7.1.2, no facebook, logged in at game center during playing. Happened after mission via hard portal after claiming the prizes, 12h or 24h mission (at least one with rareium)

Turtle
    @turtle

This is happening to me too! I’ve been playing for about five days on my iPad since the iPhone version still doesn’t work. I got the “restart” message I think two days ago, lost a bunch of coins (I wasn’t paying attention to my other supply counts), but then it restarted again and I think everything reverted back to normal.

Then last night, after I had paid gems for a bonus node, after I had finished two missions and collected a Super Rarium, and AFTER I had collected just enough coins to upgrade a L10 to L11…it restarted again. I went from 210k in coins to around 35k, lost a Super Rarium and other supplies, the missions were running again, and even the bonus node popped back up (with a different character). I closed out the app and restarted it, hoping it might revert to normal, but nada. I checked again this morning and I never regained my coins. I lost all that progress for nothing.

I’m not on Facebook, by the way. I hope this gets fixed, but until then I’m just going to run missions and hope I don’t lose anything else.

Victor
    @victor

This is absolutely unbelievable!!!

Due to this bug I lost more than 100k coin progress. How can this happen?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

ARGH! It bloody happened to me again!

And there’s definitely some sort of relation to completing missions, because yet again it happened within just a few minutes of my claiming the rewards from my three mission portals.

And this was a long reset too, because it negated my Skywarp Attack that I used to wipe out one of my nodes over seven hours ago!

Edit: And it happened yet again – twice in half an hour.

Seriously Rovio, time to get this fixed!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Yep, this is happening to me a lot, especially after completing missions. I’ve now lost a morning’s progress and have completed the same missions 3 times in a row! But I have noticed that it doesn’t effect the time left on any current up-grades.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum "Updating Progress" Problem (Looks like a New Bug, Rovio!)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.