Skulkers and Thunderbird misbehaving?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Skulkers and Thunderbird misbehaving?

• Has anyone else experienced problems with Skulkers and Thunderbird. I was a big fan of both and in combination they do a fair bit of damage. Since the update the expected additional damage of 30% for Skulkers and 25% for Thunderbird has vanished.

@mvnla2
    I know you were working your birds, have you noticed this lack of effect?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — Good catch! I’ve been running SRC with Thunderbird to level him up, but wasn’t paying much attention. You do still get the beating blue shield when you attack with Thunderbird, and you do get the additional damage along with the initial damage, but there is no additional damage on the following turns.
    I haven’t tried Skulkers recently. Guess I could check them.
    Raises the question of why I’m spending so much time leveling them up, not to mention will have been a waste of LC to buy them if they don’t fix this.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I am currently playing SRC with Skulkers and it seems like they are behaving as they should; the enemies get weakened and every attack on that enemy makes additional damage. I am playing on Android.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryjohnny @Bubbley — Interesting. What platform are you on, and what version of Epic? I’m on iPad with 1.1.3 and IOS 7.
    I Just tried Skulkers at SRC and they don’t even get the extra damage on the initial attack, and none on the second round either.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@MVNLA2 I am playing on a Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4 and version 1.1.2 of Epic (latest version). I am playing SRC on Auto Play with Paladin, Wizard and Skulkers if that is interesting.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@angryjohnny @mvnla2 I play on iPad IOS 8. I don’t get any additional damage with either bird. I do get the blue shields, I also get them on every pig if I hit Thunderbird with Skulkers but no damage. Yes if Rovio don’t fix it they are a waste of LC.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryjohnny — The only way I could tell for sure what was happening with Thunderbird or Skulkers was to turn off auto-play and send Thunderbird or Skulkers in alone. Attack one target at see how much damage is done compared to normal. Is there any additional damage? On second round, attack different target and check damage on both 1st target and second. Could be a bug in just ver 1.1.3, which I think so far is IOS only.

@Bubbley
    — Can you check your version of Epic? I would assume it is 1.1.3, but good to confirm.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@mvnla2 @bubbley I was just playing the Wizpig in SRC and checked the damage done: when Wizpig was not “Weak Spot”:ed my Paladin did around 690 in damage, when he was “Weak Spot”:ed he did around 900. The same thing happened for both my Wizard and Skulkers so it seems like it works.

I can not test Thunderbird since I am currently collecting LC to get that class.

Does Weak Spot works with Skulkers for you when it attacks directly instead of using its special to attack?

Make note that the initial attack that gives the Weak Spot status does not do extra damage but every attack after that while the status is in effect do.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 Yes I am running 1.1.3.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryjohnny @Bubbley — Thought maybe there was something special about using Tricksy Trick, but that didn’t work either.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@mvnla2 @bubbley Have played SRC a few times now and Skulkers’ Weak Spot works as it should every time.
    We really need some more data from other iOS and Android players about this to see if it is a problem with the iOS version.

bouboule
    @bouboule

On my Android Skulkers work fine, haven’t tested thunderbird recently though

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

OK, I’m officially going insane. Now seems to be working??? Tried changing Thunderbird to totally non-set items, and back again. Gaah! See you sometime after I get rid of the men in white suits.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@mvnla2 I just tried changing to non set items still no additional damage. Changed back to set items still not working. For both birds. Horrible!

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

I’m on iOS with version 1.1.3, and my Skulkers are working just fine (don’t have Thunderbird). Their descriptions says their attack deals 652 damage. I hit a pig with it, and the pig takes 652 damage. Next turn, I hit the same pig, and it takes 847 damage. 847 / 652 = 1.3, exactly as it should be. My other two birds also deal +30% damage to affected pigs.

Are you fighting pirates? Because their Dirty Tricks ability makes them immune to harmful effects, although sometimes the visual effect still appears.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — I was playing SRC for all of my comments; so no pirates. Haven’t gone back recently, since the men in white suits are still waiting in a van at my curb.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Skulkers and Thunderbird misbehaving?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.