Sideswipe – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Sideswipe – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 134 total)
  • Replies
  • SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Finally got a Unicron run for the first time since a couple events before the hard update that added Sideswipe. Also hadn’t had a Boss Pig run since the hard update (until yesterday when I got two) then got three today. And despite all that I still only came in seventh. Looks like I’m probably going to end up about 1000 tokens short of getting Sideswipe which is acceptable. I’d rather spend more gems at the end than have to play an extra 20 runs every day and have to wake up in the middle of the night.

Joel
    @joel687

I did end up staying in 1st on day 5. I already grabbed one of the accessories and started day 6. I am 330 tokens away from the other accessory. This has been a good event for me

Random observation: all of the avatars (our pictures) from the Angry Birds Nest website are gone. Everyone has the same blank avatar again on my iPad. Anyone else notice this?

Asen_77
    @asen

I also get Sideswipe and probably will go for one Accesories. I will see at the end of the day. I will not spend any Gems for accesories. If they are not enough for this I will grab some package Sparks.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

@asen

It costs exactly the same to upgrade sideswipe, I have confirmed.

@ramonpontes

I haven’t played him yet, he’s been upgrading. I did grab both accessories and all the gems though. I think damage and fire rate are always worth it.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

The last day was crazy for me!

I was 4th without recharges, thanks to an Unicron appearance. I decided made two recharges to get closer to 100k, and earn an additional 250 tokens.

In the last hour I came back, and I saw that I had real chances to reach first place. I made an additional recharge and got first. I had 134k points (Thanks again, Unicron!), and the second place had 127k. With 15 minutes left I was afraid to let the second place react and surpass me again. With my score, and real chances to reach 150k, I decided to make more recharges.

I needed to make two more recharges to reach 150k, and I wasn’t paying attention to the other competitors. At the very last minute, after I finished my runs, I saw the second place sitting on 148k, while I had reached 154k.

I’ve spent a lot of gems, but those were very worth. I’ve got 1450 extra tokens for 210 gems. Now, I will have enough tokens to get Sideswipe before the end of the event, and everything I receive after that will be a bonus to buy another accessory.

Kdubz
    @kdubz

Wow, must be nice to get first with such a low score. I had 100,000+ and ended in 5th. 1st and 2nd in my group had 400,000+…they probably we’re not cheating….

Asen_77
    @asen

@pandaczar12 Thanks. I am alreday updating him, and probably this upgrades are needed more coins, but I am not sure. For level 5 to 6 I was needed 50k coins, so for that I am not sure that before that coins were that much. If this is more coins needed for upgrades, this will hurt new players. We are already have tens of millions of coins already.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@asen

If you want to check the cost for normal upgrades, here is an useful link for one of Jasebree’s infographics:

ABT infographics

It seems that there is nothing abnormal to the cost of upgrading the new bot. I doubt they will change that for only one bot. If there is such a change, I think it would be applied to all of them.

Asen_77
    @asen

@ramonpontes Quantities look exactly the same. So nothing’s new for now with bigger storage.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I have so many coins, I could care less how many I need for upgrading.

Getting my Silo from L15 to L25 barely made a dent in my coin hoard.

@kdubz

400,000?!?!  That’s insane.  Who has that kind of time?  It has to be a cheat.  At the rate that I was scoring yesterday, that would’ve taken 125 runs or more.

And if they weren’t cheating, then they have zero life.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

And if they weren’t cheating, then they have zero life.

@optimuspig
    Those two are far from being mutually exclusive.

indead
    @indead

I am really starting to think that these events are nothing but a scam. I have 2 bots promoted to 260% and I cant crack the top 10 without mass recharges! A year ago you could get 1 or 2nd during an event with out recharges.

This last day my average run is 300 pre bonus, I am sitting in 10th place while a gold crown has 41,000 more points then I do. It would take 35 too 40 more runs just to catch-up. I swear if it is not cheaters then Rovio has set up a predetermined leaderboard were they know how much you will get per run.

OK enuff whinnying

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Just scored 147 points (pre-bonus) despite clearing everything off the run.

Disgusting.

Kdubz
    @kdubz

I just don’t get why even spend so many gems to do that many runs? If you have that many gems, just buy the stupid bit outright for 5000. With only like 5 different levels why would you even want to submit yourself to the boredom?

@indead
    I’ve been saying these events are scams for over a year. When the game was new and more popular with more users, I would get top 3 everyday with 1 or 2 recharges. Somehow, even though the player base continues to shrink, when you join the challenge at any time of the day, you always end up in a super group. I think it’s all fake boards populated by Rovio and has been by 2 years. I think it’s based on your level and number of bots. What level/how many bots do you have?

Asen_77
    @asen

After last day I got one accessorie. Now I will go and update game to 1.29.10…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Got my stuff. Let’s see if tomorrow I get to Overpower some more bots. Still no sign of Acidstorm or Nemesis anywhere. -_-

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m hoping that once summer is over and kids with mommy or daddy’s credit card are back at school, the events will become less competitive.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

In the last day I finished first, with a very low score (78k – 2 recharges), very unexpectedly. I could buy the new bot and one accessory. I have now 260 unused tokes, that I don’t now if I use gems and grab the last accessory, or if I just waste those on coins or upgrades for sideswipe.

indead
    @indead

@kdubz, after this event I think your spot on.

I am level 727 and have all bots but one from a few month ago when all hell broke loose with a update.

Kdubz
    @kdubz

Yeah, I’m at 720 and have all bots other than sideswipe and the other jazz variant from a few months ago. I think it’s all bots generated based on level. Otherwise why do the scores in the competitions keep increasing 24 hours per day when the player base in shrinking rapidly?

I’m not happy that I couldn’t unlock Sideswipe. Day 6 was the worst for me. I got knocked down to the bottom ten on my leaderboard during the first four runs of Day 6, and I couldn’t get back up high enough, partly because I kept getting such terrible runs. Even the one Unicron run that I did get wasn’t enough to pull me out of the bottom ranks. I don’t see how all of the players ahead of me were able to get such signicantly higher scores than me, even with promotion bonuses and instant recharges.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@jimmy-necessary Sorry to hear that. The key to that is getting a full promotion with a X4 promotion.

Kdubz
    @kdubz

@ Garfield of Borg that’s because they’re all bots

@datguygamer
    yeah 4x multiplier is great if there is a bonus group…sideswipe event had no 4x bonus unless you bought the boot for cash anyway

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@kdubz I know players that use gems to buy the bot outright and then use some sparks on it to use it for the X4 promotion to get an esier time regarding overpower.

Kdubz
    @kdubz

@datguygamer yeah I suppose there’s people who do that but doesn’t kind of defeat the purpose of the event? If you buy the new bot outright on day 1 why do you need to play all 6 days and ruin things for everyone else. If you’re actually spending real money on this game, you may as well give me your money and I’ll light it on fire for you.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Sideswipe – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.