Sideswipe – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Sideswipe – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 134 total)
  • Replies
  • Stupid second place player had to go and beat me during the last 15 minutes of Day 3’s challenge (and I know I have a higher promotion than him/her), and the stupid game wouldn’t even give me any decent runs so that I could regain, AND it had to go and leave me just short of the 100,000 point, so I couldn’t even get 250 extra tokens for all of the trouble that I went through.

CD
    @bartiedog

Hopefully no one will purchase anything in this event with real money since they are still running ads.  We shouldn’t be seeing ads if we purchased an item in the game.  I reported it and they said they were working on it but that was during the duunnn Dunn event.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Sheesh, #1 in my group already managed to hit 94,000 points an hour into play today.

I’ll be competing for #2 I think.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

In the end of the 3rd day I had 4.800 tokens. 4 recharges on the first day, 2 recharges on second day, 160 tokens total. If this repeats on the second half f the competition, I can claim Sideswipe with less than 600 gems spent on total. I’m totally willing to pay this price.

@jimmy-necessary

I know how you feel. In a previous competition I’ve surpassed the first place, and he started reacting. Despite my superior bonus, the second player had much better runs, and I had only crap ones. He could surpass me very near the end of the competition. I’ve wasted all my 4 recharges, since I was already in second place. Now I’m very cautious about fighting for the first place. I do that at the very end of the competition, and if the player start reacting, I keep watching his evolution, and stop even if this means to waste that recharge.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

What’s Sideswipe using to upgrade?  Birdium or Autocogs?

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

Whatever material it uses, with the new silo size, will hardly make a difference, but anyway, I would like to know. One of those infographics from @jasebree would be great.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Thanks.  Going to start stockpiling mats now.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@ramonpontes

Well, it does make a difference to me, because I’m an active gem farmer.  If I know that I’ll need Autocogs then I’ll change up the missions I run and the way I do my spins.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

Yes, that makes sense. I lost my faith on the pig lab a long time ago, so I don’t actively try to get gems from there.

Now with the increased size, I may start to do more spins specially with the combination 3 x SR (for gems) and 2BP + 1DG (to refill SR). But I will keep at least 5 SR ready for upgrades.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Day 5 is stone blocks. They are the light gray ones. Expected token levels are:

1. 100 @ 1000 (x) – Tot: 100
    2. 100 @ 2000 (2x) – Tot: 200
    3. 150 @ 5000 (5x) – Tot: 350
    4. 150 @ 8000 (8x) – Tot: 500
    5. 150 @ 15000 (15x) – Tot: 650
    6. 150 @ 25000 (25x) – Tot: 800
    7. 200 @ 50000 (50x) – Tot: 1000
    8. 250 @ 100000 (100x) – Tot: 1250
    9. 500 @ 150000 (150x) – Tot: 1750
    10. 750 @ 200000 (200x) – Tot: 2500

Joel
    @joel687

For day 4, I got to 100k with about three hours left. (1st place) I then quit playing to have a date with my wife. I still ended up 2nd 🙂 Sitting on 8300 tokens. I might be able to get Sideswipe at the end of day 5!

I ended Day 4 in the top spot on my leaderboard. It cost me 3 instant recharges, the third one being mostly a buffer just in case the player I had beaten had become active during the last minutes of Day 4’s challenge. I won’t be happy if I end this event with not having enough tokens and gems to be able to unlock Sideswipe.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

#1 in my group stopped playing at about 180,000 points with over an hour to go.  Seems kind of pointless to do that without going all the way to 200,000.

#2 (me) came in at 124K.

@optimuspig Maybe the player didn’t have enough gems to keep playing for the rest of Day 4, or maybe they had to stop playing for some other reason, like sleep.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@joel687 In these cases, life is more important than a game. :)

Asen_77
    @asen

If someone that already grab Sideswipe is doing upgrade to a levels – Did you see more need of materials for different levels, as they were before?

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

Yesterday in my group, the first place stopped playing with about 300k points, at the middle of the competition. I think he wanted to be sure no one would surpass him, but what is the point? Regarding tokens, he must have spent much more gems to reach that score than it is worth.

I’ve finished with 100k after two recharges, but I had to make one more to grant the top 3 position. The 4th player passed me, and I almost lost my position. I had to do 3 runs in 10 minutes. I rushed through the stages, and those were my best runs so far. I scored more than 1000 points on each stage without destroying everything. That was my biggest effort so far. I think that if I had more time to think, maybe I wouldn’t risk it.

Today I’m not good, I’m not even on top 10. I will reach 50k without recharges, but I will evaluate my chances of reaching 100k later, to see if it will be worth.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

@asen

I haven’t really noticed a change, although I wasn’t really looking. Based on what’s left in my silo, I’d say it’s the same. I’ll be hitting level 10 late tonight, I’ll try to look for sure.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@pandaczar12
    What about Sideswipe’s performance? Is this bot worth to play with or he is just another paint job of existing bots?

Also, has anyone already grabbed any of this accessories? Are they worth to acquire? I’m willing to spend some extra gems to get at least one of them.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

First recharge of the day is average.

Second recharge is usually pretty good, get a Unicron or a couple of BPs in there.  It’s like Rovio is saying “hey, if you gem recharge, we’ll reward you with extra goodies”.

Third and subsequent recharges suck, because now they’ve sucked you in and they know you’re going to spend gems, so they want to milk more out of you.

Classic bait and switch.

Joel
    @joel687

I hit 150k todday with 4 recharges and unlocked Sideswipe. I am currently sitting in 1st place, and I don’t plan to recharge again. I should at least get top 3. Tomorrow will be focused on getting at least one of the accessories

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I hit 152K today and got sniped at the last moment.

Ended in #2 spot.

Six recharges today. And nothing to show for it but failure.

My only consolation is that I made the other guy work for it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Today’s leaderboard was crazy.  Top six all ended over 100K

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Day 6, the final day, is gold blocks. Expected token levels are:

1. 100 @ 1000 (x) – Tot: 100
    2. 100 @ 2000 (2x) – Tot: 200
    3. 150 @ 5000 (5x) – Tot: 350
    4. 150 @ 8000 (8x) – Tot: 500
    5. 150 @ 15000 (15x) – Tot: 650
    6. 150 @ 25000 (25x) – Tot: 800
    7. 200 @ 50000 (50x) – Tot: 1000
    8. 250 @ 100000 (100x) – Tot: 1250
    9. 500 @ 150000 (150x) – Tot: 1750
    10. 750 @ 200000 (200x) – Tot: 2500

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Sideswipe – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.