Sideswipe – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Sideswipe – New Event

• The new event is live Shideswipe for 10000 tokens or 109 euro bundle

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)
  • Replies
  • Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Six days, 10,000 tokens.  And then there’s the accessories and sparks.

Not happening.

Phillips
    @phillips

As the next event is “Blast from the Past” (I suspect Blaster again) since I missed him first time might hold my sparks to promote characters to try and win him rather than promote characters for this event.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Day 1 is glass blocks. They’re painted a slightly darker gray than the stone blocks. Expected token levels are:

1. 100 @ 1000 (x) – Tot: 100
    2. 100 @ 2000 (2x) – Tot: 200
    3. 150 @ 5000 (5x) – Tot: 350
    4. 150 @ 8000 (8x) – Tot: 500
    5. 150 @ 15000 (15x) – Tot: 650
    6. 150 @ 25000 (25x) – Tot: 800
    7. 200 @ 50000 (50x) – Tot: 1000
    8. 250 @ 100000 (100x) – Tot: 1250
    9. 500 @ 150000 (150x) – Tot: 1750
    10. 750 @ 200000 (200x) – Tot: 2500

Updated to correct the target blocks.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

Yeah…not happening.

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

109 euros for a character WTF!!! again!!! 109 euros i am renting a nice room for 2-3 days for a mini vacations! 109 euros for only 0101001001 data?

It’s not fair of Rovio/Exient to cheat us out of the news feed tokens before this event even started when those tokens are desperately needed for unlocking Sideswipe at the end of this event.

Phillips
    @phillips

@jimmy-necessary the tokens weren’t available for this event. They expired 2017-07-27 10:00 UTC. This event started 2017-07-28 00:00 UTC. Next bonus tokens for the error is the next event “Blast from the Past”

Joel
    @joel687

$100 US Dollars for Sideswipe? Not a chance! I know this bundle will drop in price throughout the weekend (minus some gems and sparks). I wonder how low it will go…

IMG_0686.PNG

Joel
    @joel687

I thought the tokens would be available for this event, too. I thought they included the day for token exchange. I am glad I went ahead and spent them

Joel
    @joel687

10,000 tokens in 6 days… This will be hard. I guess, with my 275% bonus, I should be able to get to the 1000 token level each day through the runs, plus an extra 50 or so from the daily tasks. That is about 6300 by the end. That leaves 6 days to make 1700 tokens from the rank awards. If I can get in the top 6 each day, done!

Also, I don’t see how they expect to keep players interested in the game (or, at least, the special events) when they make it nearly impossible for the high scoring players to be able to unlock new characters without spending money on gems and/or bundles. And I predict that in the near future, they are probably going raise the token costs for unlocking new characters again, and to the point where they are going to lose players to a signicant amount. I know that I’m certainly going to lose interest in the game when it stops being fun because of their greed.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@joel687

Correction, you need 3,700 from the Competition side, to make it up to 10,000.

AND that’s not even counting tokens needed for the accessories and sparks.

Basically, you’re going to need 2,000+ tokens per day from all sources (Daily Quest, Competition, and Challenge).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jimmy-necessary

Rovio knows that their ABT player base is going to shrink regardless, so they’re just working to milk as much out of us as quickly as possible.

Joel
    @joel687

@optimuspig – Crap, you are right. I still had 8000 in my head as the price. That makes this a different story. That means I need top 3 every day, with at least 1 first place finish.

I guess I will try for the first 2 days and see how it is going.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@Optimuspig I think they know their core base is already shrinking. Those are the ones who have seen amount of tokens needed for a bot used to be and how it’s grown insultingly excessive. Between the events, bot token amounts, bugs and nerfs, we have already been playing or at least play but don’t bother with the new bots. I can’t imagine a new player coming into the game and not feeling alienated. I agree, at this point they are just trying to milk as much as they can from this can before without warning they shut it down(probably with no warning.)

@joel687 The bundle you got in that screenshot is not the same as the bundle I’m being offered. But, then, that may be because I haven’t even spent a single penny on this game due to technical reasons. Anyway, my bundle offer costs $30, but it has a fewer amount of tokens and sparks included.

@phillips
    I know what you’re saying, but that’s not what I read when I first found out about the news feed tokens, and it still doesn’t make it right for Rovio to not extend those news feed tokens into this event.

@optimuspig
    I wasn’t just refering to monetary greed, since I can’t spend any real money on the game anyways, I also meant token greed and gem greed. And what happens to Rovio’s player base for this game when it drops down to the point where the only players who are left playing the game are those who can’t, and/or won’t, spend ANY real money? Even though I know that they need to make their, too, Rovio should be trying harder to provide more free things in the game instead of trying to milk us players dry of every last penny that they can get, especially since these back to back special events are getting old and tiresome. Us players need our rest time, too, so that we can recover both physically and digitally from all of the hard work of frequent gameplay.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I wasnt aware of the token apologize expiration. I was blaming myself because I didn’t started the game before the event started, and I could not claim the tokens.
    Now I see that it would not matter, because those tokens were long gone.
    I’m sure I can’t have ALL those tokens at the end of the event, but I make the decision to spend as many gems as necessary to get the new bot. The faster I run out of gems, the faster I will not be able to keep up with the events, and maybe I will have a reason to abandon the game.

@deszaras I would not be surprised if and when they do decide to shut down the game, that it is without warning. And I predict that Rovio will probably get a lot of backlash via complaints from upset players who will still be active at the time of game shut down. I know that, for me, heads will roll if it happens before the time that I decide to quit playing the game (who knows when that will be, though).

Phillips
    @phillips

@jimmy-necessary how does not extending the tokens into this event not make it right? The event that stuffed up was essentially an accessories and sparks event not a new character event. So bonus tokens should only be available for an accessories and sparks event not a new character event. As I said the earlier in the thread due to the obscene token price I probably won’t be trying for him I’m happy to wait when it may be a bit easier to obtain.

Asen_77
    @asen

There is a good news after all – there is no promoted bot for this event. So we shouldn’t see players with 150-200 k points. 10k for a bot in 6 days event is too much unfortunately and we definitely will need to spend gems for tokens at the end. Good luck to all you guys.

I cannot say for sure, but I think glass blocks are target for today’s challenge, not stone blocks.

Asen_77
    @asen

There is two types of stone blocks. Lighter and darker. I believe today is the day of lighter one, but on my first run most were darker one. I will count on good percentage from my two bots.

@asen The darker blocks are actually glass blocks because they are in the places where glass blocks, and they break like glass blocks. And I think that they’re the target because they look more like the picture of the target than the stone blocks, and I seem to get more points when I hit them than I do when I hit the stone blocks.

Asen_77
    @asen

@jimmy-necessary Glass blocks are blue and a little transparent.

Phillips
    @phillips

@asen I think you may find the bonus squad is the new squad so once people pay a bunch of gems to buy Sideswipe you will see the higher scores. Much like when Scorponok was released.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Sideswipe – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.