Shockwave's Spire

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Shockwave's Spire

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Replies
  • seaspray
    @seaspray

@optimuspig

It’s a little bit of guts, but mostly desperation.  Without a promoted squad member, I’d need to spend at least 70 gems/day on recharges to hit 7.5k, and that’s running 120% on a 2 bot event.  So I’m in 420 anyway on an event.  That’s 5 pigs in the Spire.  I can usually crack level 15 without drawing a pig once a week, sometimes level 20.  385 gems after that pretty much guarantees me a new bot in the event.  So I’ve forgone anything past the first recharge, and if I don’t hit in the Spire, I just take the sparks, a crate and/or accessory with what I’ve earned.  I still don’t have anyone from Speedsters (I thought all bots could be unlocked on the map, so I took 10 gold crates instead of Sideswipe hoping to get Beachcomber, like an idiot) or Energized (never hit in the Spire), and I really hate to drop 10k+ sparks on stupid Galvatron or UMag just to get Hound.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Also I forgot, I did have a 785 gem meltdown during Flight of the Bumblebee, trying to get enough for Ratchet.  Got nada.  So that’s 5 level 30 or betters in 15 weeks of playing, a couple level 25’s, a few level 20’s and several level 10-15’s.

Autonomorantula
    @skarmory55555

Nice! I’m still working on getting my gem farm going, so I will not be able to use the spire to its full potential.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Level 25.  Net loss of 67 gems, but I get 12 from the daily challenges, so net loss of 55 gems.  Consider the token gain on 55 gems compared to 3 recharges in one day, or 1 recharge/day for 5 days to take 3rd each day for a gain of 1000 tokens over the 5 days.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@seaspray

I’d say 55 gems is a very small price to pay for the result you got.

Autonomorantula
    @skarmory55555

Meanwhile:

Me: Level 5! Yes!

Me: Okay. Coins. Then a pig. Rigged.

mmotorsport
    @mmotorsport

@seaspray

Man you’re getting great results in the spire lately! You’ve inspired me to spend some gems in hope’s of better results but alas I’m coming up short in comparison.

Have you noticed any patterns on where the higher scoring rewards are?

seaspray
    @seaspray

@mmotorsport

I don’t think there’s any pattern, seems random.  But I would say that I think the algorithm tries to find your pattern, so don’t get into one.  Sometimes I’ll do crazy stuff like pick the same card 5 times in a row.  Always notice where the pig was and factor that in.  I usually avoid drawing that card, because they like to bust you following the pig.  And if the pig is in the same place twice in a row, there’s a good chance it will be there a third time.

Best piece of advice I have, if you’re content winning 20 gems and calling it good, that’s all you’ll ever win.  Go until you get a pig.  Never buy a pig under level 15 unless you’ll come out net positive, then quit.  Nothing under level 20 is worth more than 10 gems.  You cannot force it, you cannot buy your way there.  About once a week/10 days you’ll pass level 15 without a pig.  Just be patient.  And when you do get high, remember, you will end up averaging a pig every 5 levels in the long run, so remember that and don’t get greedy.  That 800 gem pig is probably not worth it.

mmotorsport
    @mmotorsport

@seaspray

That’s a good point you made on not getting myself into a pattern. I tend to do that after trying to follow the pig.

It’s also pretty common I get a pig before level 5, but I usually luck out with getting at least 10 gems to cover it before I quit. Overall I probably just need to step back a bit and wait for the right moment to “go for it”

Thanks

seaspray
    @seaspray

wait for the right moment to “go for it”

Exactly

seaspray
    @seaspray

Level 38.  385 gems spent.  Lotta gem cards in the spire today.  I call “big cards” anything past level 25.  All the sparks were from 2 big cards and the tokens were all from 1 big card.  Sitting on 10k+ tokens for the event now, day 4.

</span>

seaspray
    @seaspray

I needed 700 tokens to take 10 gold crates for E Bee event, and disregarded my own advice.  Bought 2 pigs under level 15.  Tapped out with nothing and a 35 gem loss.  I reiterate, don’t buy pigs under level 15.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Not a very spectacular level 27, but the tokens helped a lot as I was out of town day 2 of this Blaster event and could only make 4 runs (for 5k pts and 5th place).  Kept me in the running for 7.5k.  Drew 3 pigs, so 85 gems spent, net loss of 34.  Still more tokens than I would get off 2 recharges in a day.

seaspray
    @seaspray

The pigs got me tonight.  Lost 185 gems.  Win some, you lose some.  Turning out to be an expensive Blaster.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Man it’s been longer than since the last time @optimuspig posted, but I finally hit again.  Level 37, 385 gems spent so net loss of 17.  With the ClassicBee bundle, this guarantees me 10 crates and Bees accessories.  I’m stoked about the 30% reload for SW.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Game didn’t save.  They stole my spire run from me.  I hate this freaking game.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@seaspray

That sucks.  Did they keep the 385 gems you’d spent, or did you at least get those back?

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

Has anyone reached level 90?

The Dark Knight
    @elpapam

Yeap 2 times in the op 90 level either you might get an unlocked bot that you may not have or an overpower or other higher end accessories.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

I’ve gotten about half way there, I say ‘about’, because I don’t remember if it was level 45 or 47 where I bailed out. I should have taken a screen shot.

I do wish it was something that could be done more than once a day, though, like the Spark Run. The ‘gambling’ aspect is fun.

Braeden
    @cybersg

My personal best was 20, no recharge, exited there. I got decent luck in video games, but in real life, I have the WORST luck.

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

I see that the latest update added a “Play Video” option to the Spire, so that for the first Pig card that you get, you can play a video instead of spending 10 Gems. After that though, it goes back to ‘normal’.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

So last week Rovio gave me a few really lucky spire runs.  Made it over level 40 a couple of times while staying net gem positive.  This week, it’s been back to hitting pigs on floors 2 and 3 every day.   Anyway,  last week made me wonder: do the continuation prices top out at some point, or do they keep doubling forever?  The highest I saw was 200; does it go to 400, 800, 1600, etc?

VaBeachGuy
    @vabeachguy

@fortressmaximus

They continue to double up to 1600. Once at 1600, the doubling stops and each pig thereafter is 1600.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Shockwave's Spire

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.