SharpShooter Badge! Read Here! New Badge

Home Forums General Discussions Forum SharpShooter Badge! Read Here! New Badge

• The Sharp Shooters Badges 

In memory of Rat, The King of Space

This is hard. But this is fun. Its for those who love the original AB Flinging. This flinging against yourself, to be the best YOU can be!

RULES
    To qualify you have to get your score in every level in a single episode* which has at least fifteen levels of:
    ABO
    Seasons
    Space
    Space Mirror World
    Star Wars
    Rio
    Every eligible must be at least six months old.
    *Note: The Pig Days levels (AB Seasons) are not eligible.

There are two badges:
    • SharpShooter (all scores in top 20)
    • UltraSharpShooter (all scores in top 10) and you get the SharpShooter badge as well!

To claim your badge please go to any WalkThrough page of the episode in ABo, Seasons, Space, Space Mirror World, Star Wars or Rio, where you wish to claim your badge and mention @sweetp @karen68 and @HunnyBunny. We are not here all the time, but bet one of us serious flingers just might be lurking!
    We will need to see every level, with tally score picture, or screen shot of score (or video if you have one) uploaded into your album there is no need to post the pictures in the WalkThroughs.

Please upload your pictures in order (i.e. 1 to 20) or label them with the particular level that they refer to. Sorting through a jumble of unidentifiable pictures is no fun!

Once your badge is awarded, you can delete the pictures

NOTE
    There are certain levels in ABN which need clarification:
    1. Those where a cap has been placed by ABN because of extreme scoring, eg: Ham Dunk All Star 4-2
    2. Those where multiple players have the same top score, eg: Eggsteroids level 6
    Your score may not look Top Ten or Top Twenty, but they will still count.

If you wish to see who won and in what level go to

Who won!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Replies
  • Kathy
    @kathy

Sounds Great @Hunnybunny !!

@BirdLeader
    Can you make this topic *Sticky* as you did with the Pig Challenge?

wicket182
    @wicket182

@hunnybunny is the tally score picture the same as just a picture of the screen with the score?

karen68
    @karen68

@wicket182 you posted the right screenshots, it’s the 3-star screen after you complete the level.

Kathy
    @kathy

@hunnybunny @karen68 which leads to my question, what if when you got the score you didn’t snap a pic of the 3 Star tally page?

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

Ok, I think a screenshot of the level works as well, probably better, as it shows the whole background of the level. Rules updated.

Thanks, guys.

We learn, we get a better ABN……

Kathy
    @kathy

Sounds good @Hunnybunny !! yep we learn as we go!!

@Sglouk
    Over here 🙋

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@hunnybunny @karen68 @sweetp
    Nice work, especially the rules you defined. Taking a deep bow!
    Thanks for all your efforts

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@hunnybunny @karen68 @sweetp

Great idea!

I applied for the badge a few minutes ago. This badge leads me to think to another badge suggestion : the (Ultra) FastShooter Badge, where this time you have to provide a vid of a 3-star run of a whole episode. Since you must be fast, there should be a time limit of, say, 2 (Ultra Fast) or 3-4 (Fast) minutes per level. The fgures needs to be adjusted, but as I could witness on my 3-star run in Cosmic Crystals, there are always a few levels that are likely to make waste a lot of time, so 2 minutes per level may not be that easy. My main concern would be to ensure that one cannot fake such a vid by shortening it; Maybe people like @wicket182 and @angrychicken or other seasoned flingers could give their opinion about this as well.

Angrychicken
    @angrychicken

@sglouk I am not overly fond of levels, or gameplay mechanics in general, that incorporate some kind of time factor. This leads to wild flinging in the hopes that you accidentally get it right, and a buildup of stress if you don’t. Perhaps a better idea would be a badge for a run where you 3-star every level on your first attempt, or, if this is too easy (I haven’t tested it yet), you break average on your first attempt. Also keep in mind that not everyone can record videos of their gameplay.

Concerning the legitimacy of such videos, I can tell you that, unless you were to film your device with a stopwatch next to it, there is no way to be sure that the video hasn’t been edited in some way. This is no different from score entries or screenshots which are, and always have been, subject to the player’s honesty.

karen68
    @karen68

@sglouk interesting idea, although I agree with much of what @angrychicken said.

My biggest concern is that it would require the ability to record videos, something I would guess more of us can’t do than can.

Congrats on the badge!

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@sglouk I’m not fond of your suggestion, but there has been muted a “Utter Nutter” badge. All scores in top five. I think it can only be done in Space. So probably not one to consider either. Congratulations on being the first Ultra badge holder

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@hunnybunny @karen68 @angrychicken

Thank you for your comments. This suggestion came to my mind when trying to three-star all Cosmic Crystal levels as fast as possible, and I realized that it was by no mean easy, so that it could possibly do the job for a badge, but I also understand your concerns.

wicket182
    @wicket182

@sglouk I am not opposed to any badge or reward that encourages competitive play. However, I myself would never be able to participate in any competition or reward system that requires video. I play on unjailbroken iOS devices. I would neither endorse nor criticize a badge which I personally could not participate in.

Kathy
    @kathy

I agree @sglouk It sounds good, but i am another that wouldn’t be able to participate because i don’t have the ability to record, well i might but i don’t have the first idea how 😕

Stocktoad
    @stocktoad

@hunnybunny       Another clarification please.  I understand the multiple top score rule, but how about this……

I am tied with two others with the same score. The two others are ranked #19 and #20. I am #21.   Would that be an acceptable score?

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@stocktoad yes your score is acceptable it’s not your fault that you have been unkindly placed!

Stocktoad
    @stocktoad

@hunnybunny    One more thing.   I’m not sure yet that I want to try it, but is it permissible to use the same episode for SharpShooter and Ultra SharpShooter?

Kathy
    @kathy

@Stocktoad !! love the avatar!!

I also had a question regarding the badge,, can you achieve both? Like achieve top 20 in one episode for Sharpshooter, and top 10 in another for Ultra?

karen68
    @karen68

@stocktoad when we were putting the rules together that point was never raised… but I don’t see why not. Maybe we need an official ruling from @birdleader.

@kathy
    yes you can go for both badges.

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@stocktoad, I don’t see why not, I wrote the rules. And never mentioned that you could not.

Both badges in Seasons would be amazing, it’s probably the hardest to actually get one. Fling on Stocktoad

wicket182
    @wicket182

My opinion is that @sglouk should also be awarded the Sharpshooter badge as he has met the requirements for both badges. The way the rules are written, someone could get Sharpshooter then improve those scores which are not top ten then be awarded the  Ultra badge. Being awarded the Ultra badge first automatically meets the requirements for Sharpshooter.

please correct me if my interpretation is incorrect. @sweetp @hunnybunny @karen68

thanks for all your work

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

@wicket182 well, I never thought of that! You are right. Off to award badge immediately.

It’s not until you put something like this into practice that you realise what you missed out, did wrong, et al!

Thanks, your inputs are invaluable to make this site even better

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

Had some trouble with site sorry about repeated posts!

HunnyBunny
    @hunnybunny

Yet another repeated post that I have edited!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum SharpShooter Badge! Read Here! New Badge

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.