Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I did 20 spins, and got 4 items, including another Piercing Claw.

I got nothing from the 1 free Arena pig spin.

As it’s roughly 3 weeks until the 3x spins, I use up some more shards to further enchant my “good” sets.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@pointless
    Hey, don’t worry man! The month isn’t over yet, I’m still at 46 LC’s and I get free LC’s nearly every day. I just thought I should get ahead in terms of set items… they’re pretty important too. I’m still focussing on the Chili!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

On the plus side, I just free spun up the Angry Bird top, completing my collection of having ALL Set Tops and ALL Set Flags. And, if I can just re-spin Blessed Top, they’ll be ALL Diamond 52…

In the mean time, still working on collecting the few remaining Set weapons and off-hands that I don’t have at all.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

First part of the Valiant set!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 What league are you in?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I get Silver rewards although I’m in the Stone league. (yeah – I descended again, my leagues are just TOO competitive for me to keep up, I get all the annoying objectives and I don’t have much time either)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Just like everyone was already supposing – the monthly set item for May’s Daily Calendar is the weapon part of the Gamble set, the False Coin.
    I really wonder what’s on for the months after that, though.

angryde
    @angryde

OK, I’m feeling lucky… my FIRST free A:AGPM spin of S:6 W:11 and I received a Diamond-L:52-3* ‘Valiant Head.’ (note: I only reached diamond at the conclusion of S:6 W:10). I already had a Diamond-L:52-3* ‘Valiant Tapestry’ in my collection from way back in S:5… but this presents me with a fresh quandary. Gulp. Do I transition – from a super-defensive ‘Venomous’ line-up to something more *cough* aggressive? WAY out of my comfort zone here, peeps ;-)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Aggro? JA! :D

Pure aggro is on pause with Valiant still broken. How are you doing against Aggro Witch teams that heal 6,000 each turn?

Atom
    @atom

With the Valiant set still broken I’ve been using the Mighty set (Chain attack, Critical Strike and Attack power set bonus) with my aggro team. I also use set items that have chain attack (dragon, lightning, beep) to maximize my splash damage. As far as Witch teams, I can out damage them during the time when Witch is knocked out so while it might take an extra turn or two, I haven’t had any problems.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist I don’t actually face ‘Witch’ that often in the arena… and when I do… I tend to win rather easily. Self-evidently, that’s due to stupidity/predictability of Rovio’s bot(s). My APR:1275 Venomous team gets me by… but… it remains susceptible to getting resoundingly CRUSHED by certain line-ups. Namely, Paladin/Wizard/Spies using any damage modifying set + Time Jump. Bascially, I’m fine until I reach Platinum/Diamond… and THEN the limitations of Venomous become really obvious, really quickly. I just have so little experience going ‘hard-core aggro.’ Plus, I don’t have Paladin/Sea-Dog… and they seem to be fairly stable POWER team picks. I just don’t know. Undecided.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Right now, hardcore aggro doesn’t work for me because I need Valiant working to provide defense. With Valiant broken, I’ve been running Valiant Res, Lightning Wizard, Sweet Witch & Gladiator SeaDog to good effect. I need to run Res and Witch over TJ & Spies so I don’t lose.
    If my Blazing or Angry were good enough, I’d consider to swap for Valiant, but I can’t afford the health drop in Diamond if I still want to win consistently.

You might substitute Gladiator Captain, Scissors Cannoneer, Dragon Paladin, Dragon Samurai, or Breaker Samurai for SeaDog.

Venomous should still work against some opponents in Diamond, but it’s got to be tough going with so many Mana sets around. Even if you were 1600, you’d be challenged against some of the tough Blessed Mana teams I’m seeing.

angryde
    @angryde

@graugeist Yeah, Mana is a complete no-go, McCool reset. It’s suicide with a ‘Venomous’ team. I have the ‘Blazing Set’ at Diamond-L:52-3*, and have subbed in 12-12-12 Samurai:Wizard:Spies + ‘Time Jump,’ but I can still lose… probably down to the fact that my max set enchantments are sitting at L:5. (Ed. oh, and ‘Blazing’ isn’t enchanted at all, it’s at L:0; so, no surprise I’m losing, eh? Lol).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, in Diamond, you need more banner health to not get auto-destroyed when your birds go down.

With the shard sale, I bumped my Gladiator and Honey Pot. It’s getting awfully expensive. :D

Pointless
    @pointless

That’s why I’m back to running Blessed Banner…really helps keeping my Birds up longer. Comes at a cost of reduced damage inflicted though.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@pointless – I’m running Witch as a healbot, so my damage is even worse than yours! :D

I should experiment with Blessed, but I suspect that it being a 0/0 set, it’s probably worse for how I like to play.

metztli013
    @metztli013

I use my Witch as a healbot too, pretty much. She throws a punch every now and then, when she can, but usually when she’s conscious she’s healing the banner. I love her. Also works great with Blessed set. I completed the Valiant set just before it stopped working, so I just went back to Blessed and I do pretty well, especially since I started using Witch. I don’t lose many battles these days, unless the game crashes. Or if I get too cocky and choose to enter into arena with a team that has way more power than me. My battles may be a little slow going, but I live to fight again =)

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah. She doesn’t hit unless the banner is over 20k.

After trying Blessed, it being 0/0 and not boosting Witch’s banner heals, I’m going back to Valiant.

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

I’m in the same boat, using Valiant because it’s the only set I have 10/10. This bug with Valiant is making me want to have a backup set though, just haven’t decided which one I’m going to enchant when I get more shards.

Pointless
    @pointless

@graugeist Blessed Banner only affects healing for Birds (unfortunately, but probably OP if Witch could heal the Banner another 75%).
    Actually finally rolled Blazing Eye yesterday, so I now have all Banner Sets at L52. Nowhere near as good as it sounds though, as I am not about to put Shards/resources into more Sets. I have Valiant and Blessed at 10/10, and that is certainly good enough right now. It is a huge downside to this whole Shard Enchantment idea, not many (if any?) are able to have most Sets at a playable level, so variation and experimentation are almost non-existent.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sure, but still…

Also, congrats on Blazing. I need to look into whether I should bother sinking Shards into Blazing or Angry as an alternate set – it’s just so many Shards and resources.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Hi,

One of you get the complet new set for Blues ?

metztli013
    @metztli013

I have my Blessed and Valiant sets both at 7 right now. I have shards and snouts but I’m very low on resources. And I find I have a very low attention span for grinding for them. I can’t decide if I want to spend snouts to buy resources, as I’m still working on class mastery levels. Most of my birds are at 8 or 9 so I’ve still got a long way to go. I farm SRC when I can…ugh I can’t believe how fast I went through all those resources lol

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Got a guaranteed set item today – first part for the Nightmare set!

Small boost for my Mathilda’s health – and a big boost for her base attack! Makes her stronger than Red. XD

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.