Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@sailus – as above, I think Sweet! and Cleansing are the best sets for her.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sailus What is PvM? Player vs Mobile?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Players vs. Monsters I’d say. Would make sense since @sailus probably means arena battles vs. island battles.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

A new set item for Bomb showed up on my Daily Rewards calendar for April.
    When the whole set is equipped all birds deal an additional 100% damage to banners below 50% health.
    Another arena-only effect like Masamune but it seems useful.

Sailus
    @sailus

That is nice. :-) But still not on set list in gpm.
    I think I will use bomb more in arena with that set.

Edit: pvp = player vs player
    Pvm = player vs machine. Lol

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Bomb’s Gladiator Set is now showing details in the GPM

Bomb Bell — Chain Attack = 45% Chance to attack an additional random enemy dealing 50% damage

Bomb Bola — Might = Increases Attack Power by 8%

Gladiator’s Punch — All Allies deal 100% more damage against a banner, that’s below 50% health.

This is a good set:

1. It is Arena-specific, just like Banner Breaker. It only affects damage against the Banner, and after that Banner is below 50% health.

2. It combos with Retaliate, so that has some value at lessening the stranglehold that TJ & Resurrection have for Emblems at the top.

3. It kicks in long enough to be effective. A Banner basically loses 25% of its health, so a fully upgraded banner of 25+k is like being only 19+k. Most power teams can crush a <20k Banner really fast, so this is good.

4. Counter play means that Sweet Witch becomes more important for Banner defense.

5. Might+Chain Attack is a good combination for Arena, especially on a Power Team’s DH like Sea Dog.

As a backup to Scissors, this is on par with Banner Breaker and worth Enchanting. In fact, it might be better than Scissors for Arena.

Sailus
    @sailus

After 360 lcs

But still no piercing. :$

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sonic Orb appeared from a FREE spin, so that means Chuck finally has completed Reset as his one, first lv.52 Set.

Too bad I was hoping for Lighting…

OTOH, not a bad thing for those charge-up Boss / Ghost fights, so I throw a few Shards at it…
    ____

Completely missing items, of any level:
    – Chuck’s Mana Well
    – Matty’s Forest Bounty, Heavenly Case
    – Bomb’s Bell & Bola

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist How do you know that the offhand is called Bola? EDIT: NVM, I didn’t see that screencap at all.

Rovin
    @rovintan

wow, you guys are fast getting new gear. Nobody waiting for 5x rainbow riot?
    I am waiting for my next 5x rainbow riot before trying my luck as I am still missing a lot of gear.

@datguygamer

It is in @sailus screen shoot of him/her winning the set.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@sailus See? I am certain that the Piercing Set is not being given but no one will believe me and everyone thinks I’m crazy. :$

Also, congrats on winning the set. Got my own as well. Btw, what’s your arena name? I fought an opponent this morning with a Bomb Set and it was also a Sea Dog class. Are you by chance that guy I fought?

Bossk
    @henjovr

Given that I have the piercing set, yeah you are just unlucky..

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@sailus – nice update!

The rest of you, go to GPM, and clike on the (i) icon bottom right…

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@henjovr I also have an old Piercing Set FYI but I was asking about obtaining that set recently (as in during these last two or three months). Is your set that much new or an even older one, that is what I want to know.

@graugeist
    Why do you want the others to do that (click there that is)? Is there something interesting that we should know about?

Anonymous

@datguygamer Well I partially believe you about not getting Shadow Steps. Those statistics you provided definitely seem fishy. Although some people have reported getting it lately so it seems to only effect certain people.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade Here’s the problem. Most people that have admitted getting the Shadow Steps set has also said that either they obtained that when it first came out or during an older month (as in back in 2015) or they don’t even remember when they got it. This means that the point of reference I’m asking for (aka during FEB or MAR or APR) isn’t there and that’s a problem. However, as you’ve seen, the reason I’m suspicious is because those two items are strangely absent when other set items are dropped to me like crazy during a 5X RR. Not to mention, in earlier times, I did used to get pretty much repeats of all older sets during a 5X RR and the piercing items were dropped as normal. However, lately I’ve noticed this absence even when the GPM has such a higher chance of giving me pretty much all sets. I’m pretty sure it is not being given (remember that time when the AGPM bugged and stopped giving the newer sets?) but sadly I don’t have the means to prove such.

Anonymous

@datguygamer Welp, those statistics are enough means for me. Looking back at the comments I did notice that they’re all before FEB. I believe you that something isn’t right.

I forgot about the old GAPM glitch. Interesting.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@partshade Well at least I was able to convince one more person.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@roviobeni, @roviohuzz:

From the looks of the Bomb Bell and Bomb Bola, I kind of feel that you missed a chance here. These items are a visual match for the Spiky Spike and Retaliate Emblems.

Is it too late to change the Set Effect reflect damage back like one of those emblems?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I got some good spins in today’s 3X Rainbow Riot, so that leaves me with a few choices for what to upgrade.

Red stands pat with Masamune as primary, Steel for specific objectives; waiting for a lv.52 Dragon Tooth.

Chuck finally got a lv.52 Living Lighting, so that’s kind of a no-brainer to upgrade parallel to Reset; still waiting for that Mana Bag…

Matty got Forest Bag, but I’m just not hot on the heal steals; waiting for Heavenly.

Bomb got Bomb Bell *and* Bomb Bola, so this will replace disappointing Finisher; waiting for Scissors.

Blues got Ballista, leaving me spoilt for choice between Artillery Strike, Shadow Steps, and BEEP! Attack.

Arena being what it is, I’m boosting Lighting and Bomb’s new toys. I think that will give me the best results. Although I’m very tempted to see how big a Crit Artillery gets with Bomb’s booster.
    ____

Very much annoyed that Bomb’s new Gladiator’s Punch is only +30% instead of the claimed +100%. Not cool.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@datguygamer I get your point. Your claim is highly likely.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Well today is my lucky day. I rolled a Valiant head and a honey jar. Incidentlty also a complete sonic set and bombs new set. Don’t think I will give up scissors though and I’m not interested in Reset. I will wait to see how things work out using Valiant before I enchant anything else.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If you have good Scissors, don’t bother with Bomb. It’s only +30%, not +100% (as claimed).

Valiant is still very good, despite the 35% nerf.

Reset is kinda meh, but strong against non-Valiant teams.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Ranking Bomb’s Sets

I have all of Bomb’s sets, and, from best to worst, I rank them like this:

1. Scissors — Hocus Pocus & Might & AOE is good stuff all the time makes this clearly the best set for Bomb, if you can just get both pieces and trigger the AOE consistently…

(very tiny step down)

2. Bomb / Gladiator — Chain Attack & Might & an automatic passive vs banner are good, but the damage bump is smaller than expected. While still very playable for Arena, not fully competitive with Scissors. No real benefit for Caves and Events, though.

(big step down)

4. Navigator / Finisher — Hocus Pocus & Might & extra damage gives good potential, but the Set bonus is so rare to have a chance, it’s not even as good as having Critical.

(bigger step down)

7. Candy — Chain & Vigor & totally random chance of heals makes this a mess, because odds are you won’t heal when you need it.

(HUGE step down)

10. Golden — Crit & Vigor & a chance to acquire useless pennies makes this clearly the worst set available. Nobody really needs Snouts, particular when the reward is so miserly. The Shard scrap value is arguably better than the item value.

About the only good thing about Bomb’s sets are that the steps are pretty big, so it’s not much confusion over what to take. Hunt Scissors, make do with Bomb / Finisher when you have absolutely nothing better.

rev. 4/18 based on more play with Gladiator

Bubbley
    @bubbley

Playing with Valiant certainly makes the Arena easier. I can’t compare pre nerf but after Blazing my battles are very much quicker and so far even an opponent with TJ is no problem.

@graugeist
    I am lucky in that I have always been able to use Scissors. I am in no rush to enchant the new set. It has absolutely no effect on my battles when opponents use it so I don’t know if it does what it claims.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.