Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

I also have both TL & Mana at lvl52, and while certainly not disparaging Mana, which is easily the best of the “new” sets and definitely has its uses, categorising TL’s benefit over Mana as “a little more damage” is an underestimation.
    The critical bonus supplied by both LL and the set itself is massive and can proc against ALL enemies (whole waves of enemies gone in PvE). I rarely use Mana in PvE at all.
    In Arena, regular occurrences of TL’s critical provide an almost 40% bonus in damage dealt over what Mana can inflict. Simply to look at base Mana vs base TL certainly doesn’t tell the whole story and sells TL short.
    I do play with Valiant, so any healing is really irrelevant. I do equip Mana every now and then against the rare (and getting rarer) Venomous out there and occasionally against Thunderbird/Skulker combinations, but for all else, TL is the clear way to go.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

For whatever reason, I’m still seeing a lot of full/partial Venomous teams for which Mana is superior. I don’t know if it’s just a RNG matching thing, or what, but Venomous-based stuff still isn’t rare for me. If my meta shifts such that Venomous and other effect-based sets (e.g. Stun, redirect) stop appearing with regularity, then yes, Lightning would be clearly superior in Arena as well as PvE.

Thing is, at our level, PvE is something of an afterthought. Either set does fine grinding SRC, especially when upgraded for high-level Arena play, so PvE just isn’t as important. At the very top, Arena performance matters more.

I’ll take another look at the average damage of TL vs Mana, but it still boils down to a choice between a little more damage (Lightning) vs a little more defense (Mana).

Pointless
    @pointless

It is a highly debatable choice with valid points on both sides, yet I subscribe to the good defense is a good offense adage. “Just kill”, remember?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yup, Kill kill kill!

Thing is, my Lighting items are of low level, so the Mana item clearly outperforms.

CDRGuy
    @cdrguy

I’m in the TL camp myself. Haven’t used mana much in quite some time.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Jealous. If I had 52/52 Lightning, I’d probably use it, too!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

New Daily Rewards for March shows Matty’s new Weapon
    – Forest Flute (Critical Hit)

Set Bonus is a heal steal:
    “20% chance to to redirect an enemies’ heal to weakest ally”

This being on Matty, who doesn’t see a lot of Arena play, and being dependent upon enemies using healing, I’m not sure if it’s good.

OTOH, if it counts Resurrection as healing, then it’s game-changing, in a good way.

Of course, the counter is simply to continue fielding Valiant / TJ / Power Attack teams… :D

Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

Just to confirm, I have Mana Staff at level 52, but it is weaker than all my other 52 items. Is this normal, or is mine glitched?

I was weaker when they were the same upgrade level. It is now at 3 vs other items at 1, but it is only 2 attack stronger.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I think the “free” Mana Staff may actually be level 50, not 52.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I think the free Mana Staff as well as the free Primal Axe the I received from the calendar had a lower attack value than the rest of my weapons even though they were all Level 52. I had to spin another mana staff as well as primal axe from the GPM to get weapons with the higher attack values.

Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

That’s disappointing. Thanks

dillo
    @dillo

The free Mana staff was indeed at Lvl50 but my other free items have been Lvl52 and I was at Lvl50 when I got the Mana staff.

pss16
    @pss16

Is there a way to get the set items when rolling the golden pig. It’s seems to give it out random

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@pass16 No, there’s no way to tell what Set item or even normal item you’re gonna get. It’s completely random even when you roll during your filled up Rainbow Bar.

Basically, the system is coded to make you use as many Lucky Coins as possible for the best results.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Today, most of us should get Matty’s Forest Flute, bringing her to 5 sets:
    Nature’s Blessing (23% Crit & 8% Vigor, 20% stealing healing)
    Cleansing Light (23% Crit & 8% Might, 35% to dispel for 5% heals)
    Perfect Balance (30% Dispel & 8% Vigor, 35% faster Rage)
    Nightmare (8% Stun & 8% Might, 200% damage to stunned)
    Sweet! (23% Crit & 8% Vigor, +25% to all healing)

Unlike Chuck, I’m not really sure she has a “best” set per se – she’s a support class, a healbot, so the utility is more subtle. Also, she’s B-team either as Banner Witch or else Druid for Venomous.

Venomous Druid wants a hard hitting set, and Cleansing Light is the best for that with Crit & Might. The Dispel effect takes away defenses, which is also helpful.

Banner Witch wants strong heals, and Sweet! does that better than anything else, where the Crit & Vigor are nice to have.

Forest set doesn’t really make the cut for me. As an attack set, Nightmare & Cleansing hit a little harder. At only 20% chance to steal a heal, it’s really unreliable if you’re counting on it to save your banner or your bird. Even though it triggers for Resurrection (which is cool) and Witch, I’m just not sure it’s enough when healing isn’t that big in the current meta.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Does someone know how many Snoutlings exactly the Pickpocket set for Bomb gives per hit/kill? The description on my game just says “has a chance of dropping many Snoutlings”…
    I know it’s not the most useful in battle but it might help me with Snoutling farming… if the effect is useful enough, maybe something such as the amount that Piggy McCool drops?

Jim151
    @jim151

Does someone know how many Snoutlings exactly the Pickpocket set for Bomb gives per hit/kill?

2 or 3. It is utterly useless, even for farming snouts. It might be ok if it dropped 10-15, but 2 or 3? Gimmie a break. If I could scrap it for 6 enchantment shards each I would. But I get only 1. So I hold it as a collectors item.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Rovio and their superlatives XD Especially since it’s only a 30% chance to drop those Snouts…
    Good to know, thanks. Now I know I should better aim for other sets.

Sailus
    @sailus

Rainbow bar chaos coming in 6 days. :-) that with 5x rainbow would be great.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

5x rainbow riot is usually happening on the 18th of a month isn’t it… I don’t think it will coincide with the rainbow bar chaos when it’s coming in 6 days and these buffs usually last for only a week. I’d be happy if it was, though.

Jim151
    @jim151

Rainbow bar chaos coming in 6 days. :-) that with 5x rainbow would be great.

I have very few set items which aren’t level 52, and fewer still useful ones. dragon scale and demise are the only ones I really want (currently 47 and 43), but the rest are meh: Primal Axe, Yin, Golden pistol, sling, ballista, and ballista bolts. Given that, I’m not sure not sure investing LCs is wise

Jim151
    @jim151

5x rainbow riot is usually happening on the 18th of a month isn’t it… I don’t think it will coincide with the rainbow bar chaos when it’s coming in 6 days and these buffs usually last for only a week. I’d be happy if it was, though.

You’re right, but it will coincide with the 3X.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I’ll confirm that Golden is terrible. If you want snouts, just farm them directly at SRC. Really, Bomb’s only good set is Scissors.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@graugeist While the Scissors Set is the best, Candy Set isn’t that bad either.

Sailus
    @sailus

I use scissors on bomb.

Mana on chuck in arena lighting on pvm.

What I would want is the piercing set on blues but since I can’t get it im using save me. :$

On Matilda there’s not a good set for her. Lol

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.