Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Bit of a disappointing 3xRR. I assume that Rainbow Bar Chaos broke it again (every time it’s on, I only have bad luck at the GPM…).

The only set item I got was a guaranteed one. But at least, this set item completed my Grand Slam set! Pairs up wonderfully with my shiny new Elite Samurai headgear.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 I was sorry to read about your bad luck, mate. I didn’t perform a single spin, and haven’t for a longish while. My obsession with collecting set items ends once I obtain a max + matched 72/72 set for each bird/class/hat (I mean, a set I can live with, of course). Then I scrap everything else and save my LCs for the next L-cap increase! XD Of course, I keep a 0* über-crappy on + off hand item for each bird/class/hat for McCool purposes, and my matched UP sets for arena battles (proper)… Lol.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

@angryde mind to explain why you keeping crap items for mccool?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

@zaqxsw So when he fights McCool and finishes, the game thinks he is feeble and weak. If the game thinks you are feeble and weak, it chooses feeble and weak opponents for you in the Arena. So, when he puts on the real equipment and becomes strong like ox, he fights feeble and weak opponent as strong ox not feeble and weak McCool opponent.

nickname
    @zaqxsw

does it work for several games? or it goes by mccol-arena-mccool-arena etc?
    does rovio recognize it as a cheating? i dont want to get a ‘cheater’ border

angryde
    @angryde

@zaqxsw No, Rovio’s does not track McCool resets: and, no, you won’t be penalized or moved to a cheaters board. The extent to which a McCool reset refreshes your opponent @ a lower power is dependent on several factors: the strength of your equipped classes/headgear(s), the strength of your equipped on-hand + off-hand items, how many times you’ve won (in a row), how many points you’ve accumulated during a playing session… it goes on and on, and I’m sure @datguygamer could give you a much more precise answer. There are ways of finessing the McCool reset to obtain a more favorable outcome… but you’ll need to experiment. From what I understand this works for some people and not for others..?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I notice that you use Finisher. How do you rate this set compared to Scissors? I have Finisher but I have never used it. Most bombs I face are equipped with it. It doesn’t trouble me so I haven’t previously considered it. I am curious why you use it.

Thanks

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley
    In addition to what @pointless might say, Finisher has saved my bacon many a times before I got Dragonbreath and *BEEP* Attack. On many occasions, it really helped me to finish off the banner and take down strong birds a lot quicker than otherwise.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow thanks. Would you say it is more useful than Scissors? I have Dragon Breath but I don’t routinely play with Red. I don’t have BEEP I use the Ballister with the Blues.

burbman
    @burbman

@bubbley – I live and die by Finisher. In the Tinker Titan Event, quite often my Sea Dog was able to hit the 3x damage twice in the same turn, exacting over 18,000 damage on the TT twice in the same turn. Usually ending the battle fairly quickly. Works on banners the same way. I like to match my Sea Dog up with Skulkers and Thunderbird for the double damage boost.

Scissors was nice before I had Finisher, but since both restore health upon using, I exclusively use Finisher now.

DD
    @toolow

@bubbley
    For me, Finisher is more useful than Scissors, in general. It has a higher chance to buff, and it takes down banner and opponents faster. Just ask @burbman. But if you face multiple lesser opponents, Scissors might be better if you stick to Bomb; I’d go for Spies, Chuck or Dragon Breath.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley sorry for the delayed response. Most has been said. It really comes down to Splash vs single-target damage. I ran with Scissors (sorry, had to say it) for a long time, and don’t regret the choice. I decided on Finisher when the cap was increased really to try something new. I certainly missed the Splash damage at the beginning, but have come to appreciate the massive damage on a proc. I think, as you use Witch, you wouldn’t put your Banner in a position to really be hurt by this Set. I generally use SeaDog/Paladin/TBird in Arena, and can hit single targets for almost 25K with a Critical and Finisher proc on a target affected by TBird. It does have to be noted that many times a massive proc only completes the inevitable, but in other instances, this can be an amazing boon.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@toolow @burbman @pointless thanks for your replies. Finisher clearly has a place against powerful single targets and with some objectives you don’t want splash damage. Since I have enchanted Scissors I think I will stay with it at the moment.

I will give Finisher some thought when the level cap is raised. In the meantime I will borrow to see how it works for me.

Really appreciate the help.

Ckd
    @ckd1

I agree with @burbman, seadog with finisher, lightning bird with last will and palladin with dragon set…..if you put seadog on palladin you can than use lightning bird on palladin and get a 2 for 1. The finisher set as mentioned sometimes just ruins people in the arena, I face teams with over 1,0000 more power than mine and destroy them with almost full banner health, my banner has justice set with mythic thorn wall

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@ckd1 I played with that team minus Finisher for a whole season when I had a Blessed banner. It’s a great team. I prefer my current team. I will consider Finisher when the level cap is raised but not before. I don’t wish to enchant more weapons. Scissors has served me well since long before the Arena was launched I’m happy with it.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

I also love Finisher. It can be deadly in the Arena and amazing for objectives where you can’t kill pigs. But recently, I switched to mostly Gladiator’s Punch because it gives extra attack to all birds against a weakened banner. So it is in effect even when Bomb is down. I 3 star more arena battles with Gladiator’s Punch than Finisher. I also still love Boarding. I would use Gladiator’s Punch and Finisher over Scissors any time… Boarding doesn’t have the 8% attack increase so it’s more of a circumstance set for me. Its bonus attack when using the rage chili has helped me tremendously in harder event battles. But in the Arena, Finisher and Gladiator are hard to beat…

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pixelyzed the one disadvantage of Gladiators Puch is that it doesn’t heal. I find 60 – 70% of my opponents used Mythic Thorn Wall so healing is useful. I have succumbed and enchanted Finisher. I got fed up of accidentally knocking out birds when my objective was not to. It is especially useful for that objective which I get quite often.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@bubbley I get that objective often too. Healing birds is less of a concern for me in the Arena. My healing mainstay there is Witch (L70 M70) with a fully enchanted L72 Nature’s Blessing and I heal the banner with it, never birds. First healing shot is 9863 healing points and second if Matilda doesn’t go down in between is 11836 so that’s significant. And she’s no slouch on attack either yielding 3263 damage.

The enemies I face are all strong with full sets too so mine are all fully enchanted as well and I find that, unless I have a non-healing objective, I always bring Witch in the Arena and swicth the other two depending what I’m facing.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pixelyzed I also use Witch but with Lasting Song. She does have a good attack. I substituted her for Paladin when she was first released. I am pleased with Finisher and it’s beneficial for a few objectives but I routinely use Scissors because I do find the add on damage useful.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@bubbley I loved Lasting Song too when I had it. That’s what I used all the time before Rovio upped the level/mastery cap to 70. But my set was Level 62 so I scrapped it for shards to enchant the Level 72 Nature’s Blessing set I got later. I actually got half of Lasting Song L72 recently and waiting on the other half.

Nature’s Blessing is great as well even if it doesn’t have the 8% attack boost. I go for sets with the attack boost too usually but we do with what the GPM gives us right? ;) I prefer any L72 set over older L62 ones, no matter what they are.

I compensate with Gladiator’s Punch or Finisher who both have the boost. The Blues’ Ballista as well Chuck’s Mana also have it although, if I use Chuck in the Arena, I usually go in with Reset unless I’m facing a venomous team. Had to scrap my L62 Last Will for shards as well ;)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pixelyzed I go for level 72 also I was lucky to get Lasting Song never had it before. I have Last Will but find I use Mana more. Loads of players use the Blues with their Will set, I forget what it’s called. Mana gives immunity to the effects so I swap depending on the opponent. I am also meeting many more venomous set ups again. People find that set useful with Rogues so Mana gives immunity to both the taunt and the effects if Rogues are knocked out.

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

Managed to get chucks last will set from free rolls this week :)

nickname
    @zaqxsw

its just me or diamond pig does nothing compared to the vanilla one? set items % dropping should be increased, meanwhile so far its been worse

Nightcrawler
    @sam-spargo

@zaqxsw its been like that for ages

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley @pixelyzed I can’t even contemplate Arena without Bones right now, I’ll take the retaliation over the Mana immunity anytime. Toss becomes irrelevant, really. Counters the Mythic protection, as if you lose, generally KO’ing one or more Birds before your turn even starts.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 676 through 700 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.