Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@datguygamer
    Yeah it was made for arena for sure :) I am thinking now to switch from Last Will (Chuck) to Avenging Will (Blues). To force enemy to attack and defeat Blues first – I will try if it is possible, when I have the Bow.

@smwforever45
    I do collect all the set items in the game :) I am missing Timeless Joy only right now :) (and the Hunters Bow that I will have in several days ofcourse :) )

Pointless
    @pointless

Hunter’s just adds yet another RNG element to the (Arena) game. It can be truly devastating, KOing a Bird and stunning another, severely crippling your Team, or kind of tame, stunning your Banner and damaging it or Red, leaving your Team intact.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@pointless What does RNG stand for?

Pointless
    @pointless

@pixelyzed Random Number Generator (or Goddess). Basically the element of chance associated with a proc.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

Starting the week with Valliant and I must say it’s freaking awesome! Really helps levelling the playing field. Also, Chuck’s Last Will is not Reset but it has really helped me the last few weeks and keeps doing so now. Great set coupled with Valliant and the Resurrection emblem.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@pointless Got ya thanks!

Have yet to get a piece of that new Blues set but from its description it looks very useful!

angryde
    @angryde

OK, this is getting ridiculous… this is my third 3*-diamond-62-“Mighty Head” in five days… all from free-spins.

mightyhead.jpg

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    I’ve been spinning up a lot of Mighty Heads myself… you’re not alone mate.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@pointless; @pixelyzed; @kennymcc

That new avenging will set is definitely Rovio’s way of trying to get people to spend more money. If you used Chuck with Last Will and Blues with Avenging Will plus the resurrection emblem you force your opponents to attack the other bird on your team and the banner.

If you use rogues you can force certain teams to attack Chuck and Blues not to mention everyone’s using Valiant anyways so teams may ko your Chuck and Blues accidentally.

The results? They ko your Chuck and Blues but the resurrection emblem resurrects them both giving you 2 bonus attacks(presuming your other bird, most likely Paladin, is not ko’d) and the stun and the damage. I have faced this scenario in the arena resulting in quite a few losses.

The only countermeasure is to use a power team to attack the banner only. I intend to Mccool these teams and I dread to think what would happen if they gave Red a “Will” set of his own?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45 @angryde
    Yeah u r not alone :) I have the same experience :)

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    I think that Rovio prepares “when defeated” sets for all birds :) The same situation with “when using Rage attack” sets :)

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45 @angryde @kennymcc

Yeah, here too. Not with Might Head specifically but getting a lot of repeats here too but mostly tapestry parts. One of the reasons it took me this long to get Valliant Head is that I do not get a lot of head parts from the GPM to begin (free spins or no).

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@shapokomanbeast @pointless @pixelyzed @kennymcc

Attacking only the banner has been my basic Arena strategy for a while. With strong classes and good sets, it works. And my own Chuck’s Last Will set now mixed with Valliant + Resurrection has been very effective.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

That’s what I figured and to me “if birds get defeated”sets are very powerful, therefore Rovio hopes to make this a must have set kind of like Valiant is now.(We will see if Rovio’s new banners are worth it or not)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@pixelyzed

You will like the Avenging Will set when you get it then. Do you get a lot of 3 star wins using your strategy?

angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed The UPUD strategy is the same… always attack the banner 100% of the time. The advantage of a Wiz/Reborn + Spies/Save Me! approach is… if both sets are 62/62-10/10 neither bird can be knocked-out during the first round (i.e. if one loses the toss). Then, it’s rage on Chuck with the UD bonus + Valiant/Mighty ad-damage + crit bonuses. 90% of the time all three of one’s opponent’s birds are knocked-out. Then, perhaps 85% of the time, if one’s opponent is NOT using Valiant, the banner is down before (any) birds revive. So, a guaranteed 3*. If one’s opponent IS using Valiant, it’s a little dicier… but perhaps I’ll still manage a 3* 50% of the time. Plus, it’s FAST! XD

Edit. And… THIS is what I love about the UPUD! XD

upud.jpg

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@shapokomanbeast

I’d say about 50/50, the rest being 2 stars, very rarely 1. I’m also a distracted player, I often play while doing other things because sometimes playing this game feels like such a waste of time ;) So I do not always think of best weapons and classes before a specific battle. Not always, but I often I just brute force it. Now that I rcently complented my Valliant banner set, this works even better ;)

But since neither my Bomb or Blues have a complete set (Bomb has Paper and attack part of Boarding!, BLues has Ballista and defense part of *BEEP!*), I tend to favor the other 3 more these days. I used to play a lot with Witch for her healing power but have now switched to Bard and her Lasting Song set. The cornerstone of my team has always been Palladin with Dragonbreath before and Banner Breaker now.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde @smwforever45

I have got so many Mighty Heads recently so I’m glad to read that it isn’t just happening to me.

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@angryde

I do not have Save Me! or Reborn anymore and tend to favor sets with attack bonuses but I understand the approach. When I started out I did the same and Save Me! was my main Blues set for a long time and Guardian was my main Red class for a long time.

These days, if I win the toss, rage chili goes to Chuck for me too. Last Will has that 8% attack bonus on top of Valliant/Might. Bard’s Lasting Song does too. Recent change for me is using Red’s Flaring Presence in the arena instead of Banner Breaker for the 45% additional chance to attack a random enemy and it fills the rage chili faster.

If I loose the toss, my Chuck often falls but not always but Matilda and Red usually stay up so I give the chili to Red/Palladin if Chuck is down or again to Chuck if he’s still standing. Then Matilda’s Lasting Song heals everyone standing including the banner to 100% or almost 100%. If Chuck fell, Last Will gave Bard and Palladin bonus attacks so I may rage chili the banner with Red and down a weakened bird with Bard if it’s a bird that can hurt me more. I always try to down a Chuck with Reset early to maximize banner damage afterwards with a maximum of my birds.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    I really wonder what those new banner sets will be made of :)

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@pixelyzed

I play the same way (distracted) but my strategy is much different since I don’t like 2 star wins. You’re right though, playing is such a waste of time.?I wonder if Rovio has brainwashed us with subliminal messages?

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@kennymcc

Yeah it will be interesting to see if any can dethrone the mighty valiant. If they come up with a banner that compliments “if birds are defeated” sets(eg. If birds are defeated banner power increased by 20%) then it is game over

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@shapokomanbeast
    Yeah :) maybe u r very close to the powers of the new banner sets ;) “When your Bird is defeated…”

angryde
    @angryde

@pixelyzed Hey, whatever works, right!? I still use a modified- or flat-out “Venomous” team for a couple of objectives… and even a little grinding. I find that even after all the recent changes… (said) team can still defeat maxed-out teams with a 300+ higher APR.

Joanna Caccavo
    @joanna-caccavo

Are there certain arena sets/emblems you can only get from certain leagues?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.