Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryde
    If u have Honey Spoon LVL62 u dont need Honey Jar LVL62. Honey Jar LVL52 is more than enough because Matilda has alot health even with Honey Jar LVL52. The same thing is about Red (or Bomb).
    Edit: There is one thing I forgot. The more health Matilda has, the stronger healing she makes :) So Honey Jar LVL62 is useful, but not must have ;)

@smwforever45

ConGrats! Enjoy your new set items :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I have no use for them until I get the second part… and I don’t want to waste Shards especially on the Golden Pistol… :P I guess I could enchant the Honey Jar… but then again, Heavenly Case, the set item I currently use on Matilda, boosts Matilda’s attack, and I prefer that over the Honey Jar’s defensive boost…

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    So u prepare Sweet set for Witch, waiting for the “Honiglöffel” :)? I would say that the new set for Matilda (Lasting Song) is most useful in most battles. I still waiting for the off-hand part (Timeless Joy).

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    I’d be most excited to obtain the Doom set item to complete my Nightmare set. Combined with Bard, that’s gonna be killer :)

I don’t see the use in the Lasting Song set. Raging happens so rarely, and in the Arena, your weakest bird is likely to get KO’d anyway, whether at 10% or at 50% health.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Has anyone tried new Matilda set (Lasting Song) and raging with Matilda? Does this combination work properly? 75% health healed of the most hurt ally and the rest allies 35% health healed?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    I think that Lasting Song set is a little better than Nightmare set. The set special effect is the only difference. Both ideal for Bard. I think when u stun an enemy u dont need extra 200% dmg. A stunned enemy usually has his fate sealed already :) so I am more for Lasting Song effect :) It can be useful when your Rage fills up almost at the end of the battle and u need to heal ally/allies to get 3-stars ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc
    But there’s not just Arena in the game. For PvE (especially strong enemies), Nightmare is a lot better. And even for Arena I consider Nightmare a better choice too. I do not value healing in the Arena. Giving the chilli to Matilda is a wasted chilli you could have given to Chuck or Bomb instead.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Careful what you say about being narrow-minded! I’ve found plenty of use for healing in the arena. Whenever I face teams with a Mana Shell set, my go-to team is Paladin (dragon set), Witch (honey set), and one of Chuck’s classes (class and set depend on various opponent characteristics), with the Blessed Idol/Blanket banner set.
    With that setup, it’s pretty easy to keep my birds (other than Chuck, so I usually use his new Last Will set) from being KOed, due in large part to their healing abilities. A Matty rage heals all birds by roughly 75%, which can be quite useful. Paladin’s attack/heal becomes a huge difference maker, especially when he’s buffed with Witch’s Giant Growth (which heals Red for roughly 4000 health by itself in the first place!).

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    But I was not talking only about arena, I was talking about all battles :) And I was not talking about using Matilda’s rage, I was talking about Rage of any bird – thats the effect of Lasting Song set :)
    BTW. I consider any healing very useful in arena :)
    Ofcourse, if u find +200% dmg on already stunned enemy more useful than +40% health to most hurt ally when using any rage ability, then Nightmare set is better for u :) As u know I see this a little different ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus @kennymcc
    I play the Arena quite often and healing has rarely helped me much. Even with a banner buffed by Witch, I could still lose a battle. And if I lose the coin toss and happen to face a strong enemy (Dragon, TL, Artillery and Finisher are the sets I fear the most), healing is often just a waste of energy because the enemies will be able to KO at least 2 of my allies anyway (sometimes even my Elite Paladin can’t resist it). And you can’t heal beyond 100%.
    Stunning has helped me more because it means that an enemy is immobilised and can’t attack in the next turn, giving me more of a chance that my birds will make it into the next turn.

Actually, I very rarely even use support abilities at all. In most arena battles, I go all-in and keep attacking, unless the objectives require me to do something else or I reeeeeeally need a certain buff. Same with island battles. Unless a very strong enemy is about to attack that requires me to put a shield on my birds, I just keep bashing.

Then again, everyone plays the game differently.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@smwforever45
    Ofcourse everyone can play differently. If I understand it right, u want to stun the enemy. But Lasting Song set and Nightmare set on Bard have the same chance of stunning (both have 23% chance to stun). As I told u the only difference is the special effect of these sets :) Nightmare set: Extra 200% dmg if the enemy is stunned; Lasting Song: 40% health healing of the most hurt ally when u use any rage ability. And again as I told u if u find extra 200% dmg on already stunned enemy more useful, then Nightamre set is better for u :)

angryde
    @angryde

I swear to God… if I free-spin „Primal Spear” one more time..!! Aarrgghh!! Give me an offhand set piece for Bomb, damn you!!

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@angryde
    U have to pray more ;)

angryde
    @angryde

@kennymcc At this point… I think you are correct!! ;-)

pixelyzed
    @pixelyzed

@smwforever45 @poptimus @kennymcc

I find healing very useful in the arena, especially to heal the banner. Witch with the Sweet set does well there.

My go to team in the arena right now (depending on oponents and objectives of course) is

Elite Paladin or Elite Stone Guard, both M14 with Banner Breaker (I just got a Lvl62 Dragonscale part of Dragonbreath so, when I get Dragontooth, I’ll change to that. My old Dragonbreath set was at best Lvl 47 so I got rid of that for ressources long ago)

Witch M14 with Sweet set.

Elite Tricktsers M14 with mixed weapons (RC Robot from Beep and Ballista Bolts) I don’t have a complete Blues set anymore. Tricksters’ harmful effects cleaning ability comes in handy in almost every arena battle these days. And its no slouch on attack either (3030 dmg)

Once I get the Staff part of Chuck’s Reset and Mana Sets (I have the Lvl62 Reset Orb and Mana Well) I’ll use it more in the Arena. But I have complete Bones, Lightning and Chronos (all Lvl62). I use Lightning the most.

Marty Schofield
    @marty-schofield

RE: Naval Gun/Ammunition (see Arena week 8 thread if you haven’t yet)

Looks like a nice set for Bomb, but I can’t see abandoning Scissors

Dave
    @seraphion

@pixelyzed

@smwforever45

@kennymcc

In general I you agree with joshy. Healing isnt really usefull for me bc the enemy can do more damage with 1 attack then I can heal.

On the other hand I use 2 strong passive heals.
    My team is:

Elite paladin (lvl13) with lvl 62 dragon set E 10
    Elite pirate (lvl12) with lvl 62 finisher set E 10
    Chuck sorcerer (lvl13) with lvl 62 twin-lighting set E 10

So red and bomb (when finisher triggers) heal a good amount (1k – 1,5k) per attack.

The most important thing for me is damage. And they do alot.

If I could choose from any bird and every set item (I have almost all on lvl 62)
    I would still play with this 3 birds (dayly missions not counted).

What combo would you use and why (if you could choose any)? And remember they should be usefull for pve too (since I dont have enough to E 12 items to lvl 10)

I dont like seadog for example bc he looses damage with hp and in arena is alot of aoe damage.

I havent lost since I E my valiant set(the thing with the banner pig I mean) 4 weeks ago. Im open for nice ideas but I cant see anything better at the moment.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@seraphion
    Sea Dog is the best Bomb’s class IMO, especially in PvE where it’s rather unlikely he’ll lose much health, but I also like him in the Arena. You can protect him from direct damage with Paladin (not AoE of course) and he can have quite a lot of health when you enchant his off-hand item high, so he won’t lose health as fast. He deals devastating damage, and having him allows for 4 attacks per round instead of 3 (6 if you use LBird, Sea Dog and Skulkers – let Bomb buff himself, buff Bomb with Blues, and buff Bomb with LBird). Devastating.

Capt’n is a good class too, I like him when I battle single strong enemies or in the Arena.

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

After I accidently scraped my mana off hand set item, I regained it in the first guaranteed spin from GPM. Lucky me :D But then I found out TL set more usefull :P

As far as arena team goes, I use EP with dragon E5, ESD with gladiator E5 (since I only have finisher at 52lvl and didn’t enchanted it) and Wizard with TL E5 and don’t find any difficulty with wining arena fights. If I start, fight is over in 2-3 turns. If enemy starts it takes 4-5 turns to win

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

Has anyone the new set for Bomb? Is its special effect counted as bonus attack? If so, it is almost useless with Seadog.

Napoleongl
    @napoleongl

@angryde
    Agreed. Gotten two in a row now. Still not worse than valiant head which is four in a row and six out of the last ten…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@napoleongl
    I wish I had another Valiant Head! I haven’t obtained one since at least 3 months…

angryde
    @angryde

@napoleongl I’ve also free-spun Matilda’s latest, junky off-hand set piece three times in a row :-/ So, I feel your pain!

Dave
    @seraphion

@smwforever45

Yeha SD is really nice vs pve. That is true.
    But in pvp pirate is better. Here is why. SD scales with 1,25 from his basedamage. Which means if he looses 20% hp he will do the same damage as pirate. My priate has 6,5 k hp which means if a SD gets 1.305 damage he will do the same damage as pirate.

I loose the coin toss often. Maybe your enemys dont hit so hard but mine have fuckin hugh damage. If they begin chuck is always dead and my bomb is on half hp.

And you cant play with SD sulkers and chuck on my lvl. They would knock them out so fast bc of the low hp (except you win the coin toss ofc!). Sd is no tank for me bc if he looses hp he is useless.

Red is always with me. His 8,5 k hp is perfect.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@seraphion
    But with Sea Dog you can get 4 attacks a turn, instead of 3.
    So, at 80% health, that’s 2x Pirate’s damage. Even at half health, Sea Dog will still deal more damage with 4 attacks a turn than Pirate.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.