Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • Dallasreds
    @dallasreds

@pointless
    I have seen so many freezes during a match THAT I have come close to audibly encouraging my team to DO SOMETHING DON’T JUST STAND THERE! It’s twice as irritating when opponent won’t attack.

@angryde

Now your just bragging. lol. I’ll have to investigate. My son was a bartender for several years while in college. Texas neighbor, Oklahoma had near beer which was half the normal alcohol 3 or 3.5% ?

Pointless
    @pointless

@angryde @smwforever45 just don’t go trying to pass that Radler stuff on us…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde @pointless @dallasreds
    I’m an anti-alcoholic. Beer tastes gross. I know I’m alone with this opinion as a German. XD

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

Reminds me of classic “BeerFest” line.
    American-“Sounds like you fancy yourselves as drinkers huh?”
    German-“Maybe a little bit. I think we just beat the Irish so…”

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I just got the Mighty Head completing another Arena set!
    Once I get the Blazing Cloth I’ll have them all.

My bird set items, on the other hand, are still very, very incomplete…

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

So Matilda got new Set Items. I would post a picture but I think it is easier to just go to your Golden Pig Machine and watch it for yourself.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny But the month isn’t over yet.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny EDIT: WHAT THE HELL? Why did they release the set before the month? But the set looks cool and the set effect is somewhat okay.

Off to hunt for it.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer Rovio doesn’t seem to care :-)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@angryjohnny Spent 15 coins for a multi-roll, nothing. Got a free ad roll, and it popped up instantly. Wasted my coins. -_-

Timeless Joy

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@datguygamer That is almost comical :-D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Lucky free spin for me! Got an L62 Mana Well replacing my old one!
    More health for my Chuck! :D

EDIT: Here’s the new set:

Weapon: Timeless Song
    Bonus: 8% chance to stun
    Off-hand: Timeless Joy
    Bonus: +8% damage dealt
    Set bonus: Lasting Song (thx @datguygamer) – If a rage ability is used, the weakest ally will be healed by 40% of their maximum life.

Not too bad – but Nightmare and Sweet still rock Matilda the most IMO.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 In English, the set bonus is called “Lasting Song” but sustainable is close enough.

1. Also, does anyone else think that they are way too many of these now? At this rate, it will be really tough to get your choice of items if there are so many of them as the chance of dropping them gets lower and lower.

2. The calendar should have a slot for the offhand too. Seriously, who needs the materials that the daily calendar offers? Those measly amounts are useless.

3. They should increase the Rainbow Riot duration. Even though we now have 56 set items, we still get only 15 minutes of the riot. They should increase the time from 15 to 30 minutes.

4. The set items offered from the calendar should be half way enchanted. Otherwise, waiting for these till the end of the moth for most players is useless if they have to do the job of enchanting anyways. At least give us some room to breathe; enchant them to Level 5 so that we can do the other half.

Does anyone agree with me or am I the only one? What do you think? @pointless @poptimus @shapokomanbeast @angryde @dallasreds @angryjohnny @partshade and anyone I cannot remember we are a lot of people here!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    1. I dunno, I like variation but then again I sure would like a complete set each of my preferred sets because I don’t have a use for all of them!

2. If you were a new player you would maybe think otherwise about this. But I agree about the off-hand slot. I’d suggest that we extend each month to 32 days and give out the off-hand item on the 32nd of each month. :P (Seriously, I don’t know what to remove from the calendar without enraging players or ruining the nice structure the calendar has.)

3. Maybe this Rainbow Riot could last the entire day?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 If this conversation took place before the SRC nerf, then I would have suggested removing one Snoutling slot. But now, I believe it’s better to remove the log or the stone slot. Keep the higher materials as those lower level materials being given to you in a such quantity are basically done on a platter of pity.

Btw, what about #4?

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    But you kinda ruin the nice layout of the Calendar for this :( The second row is all about materials – wood, stone, ore etc. Placing an off-set set item in there would ruin this consistency. I would get upset. XD

Oh and I have nothing to say about #4 really. Maybe level 5 is a bit too much though. How about 3?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 You seriously care about consistency when it’s benefiting you as a player in the end? Really. :P

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@datguygamer

1. I’ve always felt that way especially since,if I can avoid it,I don’t like to constantly change my sets especially in the arena(time waster). And so many of them can’t surpass the Paladin Dragon set and Chuck Lightning set(jury still out on Last Will set for me) combined with the Valiant banner’s critical and bonus attack percentages. As a result I test run each new set when I get it i.e. Chuck’s sonic set,and after 20 matches if it doesn’t help more than the previous sets I discard them. This hasn’t affected my play in the arena except for that I did throw out the resurrection emblem and now don’t have the full effect of the last will proc. As can be seen by Rovio’s constant arena crashes, they can’t sustain this many sets and data. I don’t think they care unfortunately.

2. Totally agree, most calendar items are for people with low experience in game. Has anyone used mighty eagle potion that is above level 40 recently?

3. I agree however, with this point and 4. I think you are like me, dreaming that Rovio has our best interests at heart? However I’m usually able to evaluate a set in my simpleton way by watching it in action against me. I use EPaladin, ETbird, and Witch along with Valiant/Vengeful and I don’t lose except for game freezes and brain freezes?. If a set isn’t making me adjust my strategy it’s not worth keeping in my mind. When that’s the case I don’t pursue it(I’m not a collector of sets if I never use them).

4. Haha I agree with you 100% unfortunately we can only dream. Rovio’s enchantment system is the goose that laid the golden egg. Even the whole SRC debacle isn’t really about snoutlings it’s about enchantment and mastery. KPC was better for mastery although it was a bit harder, but why does anyone at level 40 or above even want snoutlings? Obviously to buy materials to enchant and to buy the 500 mastery for an individual bird. However with daily dungeons and plenty of levels to grind snoutlings it wouldn’t be an issue if it wasn’t for the enchantment.

Anyways that’s my assessment coming from the caveman way of doing things?

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@smwforever45 this new set is basically useless. The rage ability can already heal 35% of birds’ max health and the sweet set can give us 25% more. This results in healing 43.75% of max health (35% * 1.25 = 43.75%)

Mp127
    @mp127

0. I don’t know do I’m more shocked, because they released set before the 1st, or because no one noticed it earlier :)

@datguygamer

1. Yeah, there’re too many sets now, but Rovio don’t care. I’m curious do they’ll release 7th tier of sets or stay with 6 classes/6 sets. The best way is to make Rainbow bar growing faster or add option to choose your item for higher price (75 GC?). First is impossible, second is fantasy, but maybe…

2.Even for the fresh players these amounts of resources are bad, it’s just rewards for beating 1 level. Maybe it should be like this?:
    1st row: Snoutlings (fixed 50/100/200/300 because of castle’s nerf)
    2nd row: Stamina Drinks 1/1/1/1 (or fixed 1/2/3/4)
    3rd row: Bonuses: Stamp Card/Purify Potion/Exp Potion/Eagle’s Dish
    4th row: Rainbow x3/New Set Weapon/Rainbow x5/New Set Offhand
    5th-7th row: Like currently.
    29th-31st: I’m open for suggestions (Maybe bonus mastery? Free multiroll? Some random resources?).

3. Rainbow x3 should last 30 minutes, Rainbow x5 should last 1 hour.

4. This idea is really good, sad it won’t happen :(

Mp127
    @mp127

@suikyo The point is, that ally will be healed after using any rage ability. With saved Rage Chilli it can be a pretty useful set (eg. if you’ve got one much hurt bird and want to use Red’s Rage Ability instead of Matilda’s).

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@mp127 Thanks for your correction.

Anonymous

@datguygamer

1. Yes… What else do I need to say? :P

2. I agree with this as well. But I also agree with Yoshi. The calendar looks nice right now, so any changes to it would have to be very delicate. Yes, Yosh and I are weirdos. xD

3. The duration was never really a problem for me, so I wouldn’t mind either way. Still, I’ll support it. ?

4. While the players would love this, I can’t see a chance of Rovio ever adding it. Level 5 is a good chunk of Shards.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mp127
    You’ve entirely removed the resources, instead providing more stamina drinks (since not every month has 31 days), and more Snouts.
    I’m thinking…
    The 29th could be Snouts like it is, but 350 instead of the current 500? If you add all the snouts together (50+100+200+300), you get 650. 650+350=1000. A number so round that wheels become jealous.

The 30th could be either 1 or 5 Stamina drinks, depending on whether you apply the fixed calendar or not.

The 31st reward will only be awarded 7 times a year which is why I think it should be something less common – it could also function as an award for checking in every day. To fit in with the other bonuses of the 3rd row, I’d say 3 Stamp cards (they could be replaced with something else once you hit a certain cap – if Rovio was to implement one, that is)… but my wish would be bonus mastery OR an exclusive class OR a free rainbow bar fill-up.

@partshade
    You’re my man! :P

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 @partshade Ahhh, it is comforting to know that ya’ll are both aesthetic obsessives… I’m with you, 100%… form over function! XD

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.