Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 771 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@kennymcc @bubbley
    Last Will DOES trigger even if Chuck resurrects. @pointless has been complaining about it before…

Pointless
    @pointless

I do not have the complete Bones Set yet, but face it regularly in Arena. It is buggy (surprise), but generally acts the way it is advertised. Upon a Chuck Resurrect, the other two Birds (if standing) will get their Last Will attack, but Chuck himself does not. AoE and secondary damage make things a little unclear, and I have yet to completely figure it out, but it seems that if Chuck is KOd under these conditions, Last Will does not always proc. I use this to my advantage by using SeaDog’s Gang Up to KO Chuck whenever possible, as this doesn’t trigger the retaliation. Similarly, DOT effects will not cause a proc, and sometimes AoE (this is the area that needs more investigation).

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    So it seems that Rovio made only half work about this Last Will set :) What a surprise :D But good to know that DoT and bonus attacks dont trigger that Last Will ability (for now) :) So Last Will attacks dont trigger Last Will on the other side of the battle filed :D

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc that is a good question. As I don’t have the complete Set, I don’t know, but judging from what I’ve seen regarding the behaviour, I would tend to think that a Last Will proc would not trigger a counter Last Will (even though it should, given the wording).
    Can anyone confirm or deny this?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    I think that it would take some time to meet such situation (when Last Will attacks KO Chuck with Last Will set) :).

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc I don’t think it would be that hard to find out, judging by the number of Teams I am facing who’s Chuck has Bones. I just don’t have the complete Set yet, so I can’t confirm or deny this. A Last Will proc triggering a Last Will proc is certainly would be possible.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Had so much fun with Last Will today. On several occasions Chuck has resurrected only to be knocked out straight again because the other team hadn’t finished their turn, so my 2 other birds got to fight them again. It only happen once that the enemy didn’t touch Chuck for the whole battle even though he was the weakest bird.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Very productive Rainbow Riot. Got all 54 updated (Level 48 items for my Level 46) set items in just 10 multi-rolls. Now just to enchant them and find the time to do so.

This college project of mine is giving me a headache.

angryde
    @angryde

@pointless I haven’t even seen ‘Last Will’ in the arena..!! Not once!!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@angryde
    Me neither mate! But it will appear for sure because it seems like a great set.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@angryde @smwforever45 since I got the set I thought I would get matched with some else who had but alas so far I haven’t. I have only met up with people who have only got half of the set. Should be fun when it happens, just hope all the action doesn’t cause the screen to freeze as it should be fast and furious.

Pointless
    @pointless

I am somewhat stunned that you haven’t seen it. I face opponents very often equipped with Bones. It’s one of the reasons I’m using ETbird a lot lately, as self KOs from Rage of Thunder do not cause a Last Will proc. I am also toying with trying a modified Venomous approach, as DOT effects causing a KO also do not cause the retaliation.

Suikyo
    @suikyo

@pointless I used Venomous team many times when facing Chuck with that Bones set. Because Chuck usually has the lowest HP in the opponent team, he got knocked out first among three birds. When he got knocked out this way during opponent’s turn, sometimes, only one of the opponent’s bird attack my team because of Last Will. Sometimes, Last Will is not triggered. I still don’t know how it works.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My Nest GPM is being a bit more generous right now – or it threw up the stuff it kept from me for so long.
    I spun up two set items today: one dupe (L62 Maelstrom Trident) and one upgrade (L62 Dragon’s Tooth – my old one was L52). More damage for my Paladin! :D

EDIT: With the spare materials and shards I accumulated, I also upped Chuck’s Mana set to 60:5/52:5 (was 60:3/52:4).

Suzy
    @suzyq

@pointless I’m very surprised too, but obviously only a matter of time until I do. I look forward to reading your further comments on this set as you always give a good analysis.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

In my encounters with last will I’ve also noticed a bit of randomness and sometimes the enemy bonus attacks have occurred even when chuck has been knocked out by ETbirds supportive ability

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

I have it finally

Oh I have all set items at level 62, cool :) I know it will last only few days :D

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc do you have the resources to Enchant, however? I also have most Sets and L62, a bag full of Shards, yet few resources… I do so badly want to Enchant some Sets, but can’t decide, so I have been doing nothing. Maybe I have come down with a case of @angryde -itis?

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    Yeah, I have everything necessary for upgrades (9k rainbow shells :) ), but I dont upgrade everything, only those items that I use. I am not sure that I want to use this set in arena right now :) I also dont upgrade off-hand items much.

Pointless
    @pointless

@kennymcc 9K Rainbow Shells? :O
    What am I missing? I’d be in Epic heaven if I had that at my disposal!

For the record, Bones is THE Set to use right now in Arena. With the toss still heavily in the opponent’s favour, the retaliation is amazing. I bit the bullet and Enchanted both pieces to E5 and am not regretting in the least… just have to figure out where I am going to get the resources to up them even more (wheird that I have ~130K Snouts, but am reluctant to use them).
    SeaDog does not get a Gang Up attack on retaliation, unfortunately, but still devastating, as I will now often have my first turn upon losing the Toss with an enemy Bird already down. Probably will be switching to Resurrection now as well, just far too complementary to pass up.

Anonymous

@pointless You should seriously consider using those Snoutlings on resources. Just go to the Anvil and try to craft Bamboo (x10) when you don’t actually have enough logs to do it. Mccool will tell you that you’re missing resources and offer the amount you need for Snoutlings. Then just craft those into Square Wood.

You would be surprised and how many Square Woods you can get for that much money (If you’re willing to spend it, which I recommend since the only truly useful thing to buy with Snoutlings is Mastery.)

Pointless
    @pointless

@partshade yeah, I know… problem is that I do need the Snouts for the Dojo right now, but should be enough. I just remember how much it cost me to get TH up to M12 when he was the only Class left. I was under 30K Snouts by the end of the last Mastery limit, and now have all the Classes to grind/purchase up to M15. I have been doing well enough in Arena to date as to not miss some Sets, but it would be nice to have a stocked arsenal at my disposal. Maybe I should just grind SRC some more, but I am so done with that Castle…I autoplay that in my sleep sometimes :{

Anonymous

@pointless Have you tried DPC? It’s not as good as SRC, but at least it’s a different map and the boss still gives 100 Snouts.

KennyMcC
    @kennymcc

@pointless
    I played Eastern Sea – 6 a lot :) Yeah insane grinding I think :) Bones set is very useful in arena but I have my Underdog strategy that works still even better than Bones set setup I think.

Pointless
    @pointless

@partshade thanks for that. I will admit DPC hasn’t been on the radar due to the spectacularly craptacular effect Porky has on the autoplay, but I just ran it and it works a lot better now that they have changed the nature of Dodge. I used ETBird as part if my Team, and it was quite funny watching our effeminate friend self KO on the final wave :)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Set Items

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 771 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.