Send gifts to your friends

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Send gifts to your friends

• Hi, Rovio,

Sometimes, when I open Angry Birds Friends, a pop-up tells me I can send gifts to my friends. I love this sentiment. So I read on and am told told to “see the sidebar and the inbox.”

Well, after dismissing the popup, I find that the sidebar still only informs me of my scores (and those of others in my league). And I cannot find anything that claims to be an “inbox.” I’ve tapped every button on the screen and no “inbox” appears – nor does the sidebar offer the means to send gifts to my friends.

Is this some sort of shoddy spoof-marketing practice? Why would you (so overtly) inflict it upon non-gullible people? I think we need to be told.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

It depends on which “Sidebar” you are looking at. There’s one for “League” and one for “Friends”. Under the “Friends” tab, you’ll see “Inbox” in the bottom-right corner.

Tony Oliver
    @tonyoliver

Nope, no such thing. At the bottom of the “Friends” sidebar tab there is just an “f connect” button, presumably for use by people who use disgracebook.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I’m afraid so!

It’s well worth your while to have a special Facebook ID just for Angry Birds. I have one – it has no personal details or photographs except angry birds pics. I invite friends to play and we all send free gifts to each other. The free gifts are lovely. Depending on how many friends you play with the gifts amount to a nice stash.

I agree with you about Facebook – just keep it non-personal and enjoy the giving and receiving.

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

@didi-60 – How do you signup for separate FB account for games? Don’t you have to put in your info? Has been a long time since I’ve used it for family stuff. Just lie? :-)

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I don’t have multiple Facebook accounts for family etc. just my one account linked to Angrybirdsnest. I made up name not connected to anything related to my proper identity. It works or me.

I do think, however, that some folk have multiple accounts on Facebook including an account with personal photographs and personal data.

I belong to that small group of cautious peeps who watch and wait to see long term effects of new stuff. I’m never the first to take up a new product till the bugs are fixed and its proved itself. Facebook – as was my suspicion in the first place has brought unexpected problems for people – some consequences irreversible and damaging to careers and family.

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

@dixi-60. Oops, I see I wrote your name wrong in first post.

I guess I don’t understand how people sign up separate – I remember having to put in a mobile phone number. Not like I have multiple phones or numbers to use. I have hard enough time with the one. (grins) Thanks for your reply!

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I don’t know either but I presume they use made made up details. I know that different members of one household using one computer can all raise accounts in their own names. There may be help online somewhere about making multiple accounts
    without having multiple iPhones or computers.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Send gifts to your friends

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.