Send gifts to friends through Facebook – Impossible?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Send gifts to friends through Facebook – Impossible?

• I get gifts occasionally and it says send it to a friend…well there is no evident way to send it to a friend. Tapping everywhere on the screen where it informs me that I have a gift available to give does nothing. I’ve looked everywhere else in the application and can see nothing relating to sending a gift, or even confirming that I have a gift available aside from the initial screen after getting a gift and completing a level.

This seems like it should be pretty straightforward…Guess not.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • dmsral
    @dmsral

I had the same problem too. I think the person has to accept the invitation first and actually download and play the game before they pop up in the list to send a gift.

South Side Slinger
    @ssslinger

I don’t even know how to send an invitation.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ssslinger — You probably already know some of this, but I decided to start with the basics, just in case.
    1) You need Facebook friends. Establish a gaming only FB account if you don’t want to share info with / about your real-life FB friends with all your Angry Birds friends.
    2) After you have a FB account, invite people to be your FB friend.
    3) Your FaceBook friends must install and play the game, in order for them to show up on the list of people you can send gifts to.
    4) If you have friends who have accepted your FB friends request, they should show up on your leaderboard for each level of the game. If not, you may need to click on the invite button on the leaderboard. You should also see their avatar on the highest level they have completed.
    5) Once your friends are showing up in the game, when you get a message saying that you found a gift to send to a friend, you should also get a menu showing the people you can send it to.
    If you have tried all this, and still don’t see any friends, send a support request directly to Rovio with all the details of what you have tried.
    Good Luck!

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

Note to add:
    The Facebook users must allow the game to access the friend list otherwise their friends will not show up.

kedik22
    @kedik22

How does one do that?

South Side Slinger
    @ssslinger

It must be #3 that @mvnla2 posted. No way to invite friends to play the game like the built in facebook games. I must say I have a suspicion that even if someone did have angry birds 2 installed and was your facebook friend, I doubt it would work even then.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ssslinger — I have lots of FB friends who show up on AB2. I can send gifts to them, and they can send to me. See @dragonofheart73’s comment above. Maybe both you and the other person need to give AB2 or Rovio permission to access your friends list???

@kedik22
    — Will have to research. In the meantime, everyone who is having problems should send a support request to Rovio.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@ssslinger @kedik22 @SweetP — Forgot to mention that you may need to have the actual FaceBook app installed on your device. It may not work if you just access FB through a browser. Not sure about this, but worth a try.
    Disclaimer: This is the nearly blind leading the blind; I don’t use FB except to play AB games. I am a novice at FB.
    To give apps permission to access your friends list (at least on an iPad) there is a dropdown menu under your name in the upper right. Choose “settings”, then “Apps”, then “logged in with Facebook”. You should see a list of apps in which you have logged in with FB. Click on AB2 and make sure that you are providing your friends list.
    (There is also a list at the bottom of the page that gives you access to account settings, but I didn’t check that one.)
    Hope this helps.

kedik22
    @kedik22

Already sent you a FB message.

Orange Bubbles
    @orangebubbles

I don’t know about the iPhone/iPad, but at least on Android, you don’t need to have the Facebook app installed. The game itself shows a pop-up window where you can login with the Facebook credentials. I’ve been using all the Facebook functionalities without the app. ;)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kedik22 — I don’t think I know your FB name, and I don’t accept friends requests on FB unless I know who they are on ABN.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

I’m trying to invite my friend to AB2. Both have the game installed, both have FB app, both are listed as each other’s FB friends. When I send the other an invitation, they get notified, but when trying to accept it, they get “no connection” although otherwise internet and FB works OK. When they send me an invitation, I don’t see it at all. Is there a temporary problem on FB or AB2 server side, or I’m doing something wrong?

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

I’ve been having the same problem and this was also the problem I ran into on Angry Birds Go.

WiseDiver234
    @wisediver234

Never had any trouble with sending and receiving gifts from friends through Facebook on iOS but since the last couple of days I stopped receiving gifts from friends. I still can send them but can’t receive them anymore.
    Strangely enough the day before the problem started I received double the daily amount of gifts from all my AB2 friends and the day after that it all stopped. Has anyone here experienced the same problem?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Send gifts to friends through Facebook – Impossible?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.