Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 612 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

2:51 — 64750 — Left helicopter gone, also pig and boat
    3:33 start Upper helicopter slowly increases range of motion and speed
    3:48 33610 pts: L hanging pig causes copter tail to fall and destroy boat and pig
    3:49 — 34810: R hanging pig drops pack
    4:01 — 35330: L pig’s mask hits copter blade and falls
    4:03 — 42490: L pig hits blade and falls
    4:26 — Nothing more, but lower helicopter now has larger range of motion and more speed; upper copter might be slowing down, decreasing range???
    4:38 — 50300: R pig gone; Rope from l pig dragging on copter blade; range of lowe
    4:41 — 168660: Upper copter and lower both fall; lower R pig remains covered with debris. Managed to get him with first bird! for 195800.

ABS Tropigal Paradise 2-8: Partial, 65 to 169K; Upper helicopter increases range of motion and speed, eventually hanging pig hits lower copter tail, causing tail to fall, destruction continues slowly; takes 15 min for first destruction, >1hr for both copters to fall; 100%

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2, are your posted times in min:sec or hr:min? Also, is this the sequence of destruction for a single run? I’ve been trying to replicate unsuccessfully. Maybe I haven’t been waiting long enough. Thanks for the post.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jwgardenwiz times are in hrs/min. Sorry, but this one takes a lot of time. Best to while doing something else.
    Two runs. First with no timing details. Second starts at 3:33 and has details.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2 – Thanks, I figured that might be the rationale. I’ll give it another try. How did you ever discover the potential for self-destruction? This episode reminds me of the Rio episode — the one with the cargo plane skipping down the runway — which took all night to selfdestruct. Did you see some instability and reason that it may eventually start to collapse?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jwgardenwiz. I didn’t find it. Someone sent me a mention on the walkthrough. I’m away for the weekend, so won’t look it up now

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2, thanks and no hurry. I was just interested in how other nesters discover such long-period self destructs. I usually become aware of self destructs when abnormal motion occurs during the normal course of play which is only on the order of a minute or so. Anticipating a self destruct which requires hours takes incredile insight or very keen understanding of the physics. I’m not ‘there’ yet.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jwgardenwiz. It was Vuela who found it while writing the high score post with the level open and not playing. I think if you read the walkthrough pages of many of the levels that take a long time,you will find that it was accidental. Sometimes there is a small amount of destruction that continues periodically and someone is curious enough to let it continue.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I keep forgetting to tell you that I use these comment pages as notes to myself, so the post frequently are hard for others to understand. I need to update the main post, but I think when I do the whole thread will disappear for moderation.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2, I got distracted but finally set Tropigal Paradise 2-8 running over night. I wound up with a new personal high score of 213k. Thanks to you and @vuela for posting the instability. I now wonder if any other episodes which contain hovering elements exhibit similar behavior. I’ll try to return the favor and repeat the process over the next few evenings and post my results. The first step will be to remember which games have helicopters, balloons, …

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jwgardenwiz — Thanks! Always good to have more people contributing.

Also:

Angry Birds Seasons Trick or Treat Level 3-2 Walkthrough

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

Hi @mvnla2. Re Seasons Trick or Treat 3-2 – partial self destruct.

Sorry – I commented on the walkthrough page yesterday for the Trick or Treat challenge, but I think you prefer comments here, so I copied my post:

I noticed a partial self-destruct in the level. It’s happened twice now, but a lot of play in-between, so I think it’s not common. The first time I wasn’t sure, as I’d just released red when I saw the lower left structure lean and topple a bit. Since then I’ve been looking for it again, and this time I was able to abort slinging red and get a screen capture. I don’t know if this would help anyone with a better score – I wasn’t able to capitalize on it – but just for the record anyway. I play on IPad Air. Here’s the link to the pic:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/peejaydee27/album/picture/14654/

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@peejaydee27 — Thanks! I did see your post because either you or someone else @mentioned me. I did put a link to your post above as a reminder to myself.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@peejaydee27 — I just did 75 restarts on old iPad 2 with no self destruction. I am assuming that the collapse happens fairly soon after restart, correct? I can see the lower left structure leaning some to the right at the beginning, but it stops, and I am assuming it doesn’t restart.
    So is this write-up consistent with what you saw?
    ABS TorT 3-2: Partial; ~200 pts; lower left structure leans to right and may collapse; a few sec; ~1/100 or less.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

ABS EE GE -17: Partial; ~14 to 34K; 2620 from mowing grass; slowly increases; one or both carts may blow themselves up and break holes in rings; 5 to 20 min; ~1/5

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

@mvnla2 Since your post I thought I’d repeat the level s few times and see if it happened again. It did, and after only 8 restarts. This time for 330 points:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/peejaydee27/album/picture/14699/

Then it happened again after another 5 restarts (for 210 points).

I only saw it happen twice when I was playing for the challenge. However, this might be because of shooting bird 1 straight after resetting, because I noticed something this time about the timing of the collapse. I play zoomed in, so after a few seconds the display scrolls to the left to reveal the sling (the structure “jiggles” a but first). The collapse then happens about 2 seconds AFTER the scrolling, which is probably why I first noticed it after launching the first bird. Second time I saw it during the challenge I’d already pulled red back in the sling, but was able to abort the shot to take the screen pic.

Since starting this note I’ve gone back and played another 50 shots with no collapse since the first 2 happened in quick succession. So it seems really random.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Sorry all — This is getting too unwieldy to edit. Will have to do something different.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Major change to main post. Not caught up with recent postings of unstable levels, but now should be possible.

jwgardenwiz
    @jwgardenwiz

@mvnla2, thank you for the update. I just opened the document and will start to dive into the details. I’m certain that I know many of the instabilities but am equally sure that I missed some — maybe many — of them. Your effort is greatly appreciated.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — I will add these levels today, after which I think I will be caught up. Can’t @ mention all of you, but please let me know if I left anything out, or details aren’t correct.
    Self-Destroying:
    ABO 2-14: Partial; 2K to 13K; center train/tractor starts moving slowly to right; starts immediately; few sec ; ~89%
    ABO FF 29-14; Partial; 5K; pig on left rolls off and dies; may not help score; ~1/20; few seconds
    ABS TorT 3-2: Partial; ~200 pts; lower left structure leans to right and may collapse; a few sec; ~1/100 or less.
    ABS HD 1-1: Total; 83K; stone platform can fall killing both pigs; starts at reset, may be platform dependent; <1/50 on iPad2
    ABS HD 1-3; Partial to total; 20K to 90K; tall figure may sway / bounce to right or left and eventually fall off; total destruction possible if he falls left but very rare; starts moving at reset, but vey slow; ~1/00?
    ABS Tropigal Paradise 2-8: Partial, 65 to 169K; Upper helicopter increases range of motion and speed, eventually hanging pig hits lower copter tail, causing tail to fall, destruction continues slowly; takes 15 min for first destruction, >1hr for both copters to fall; 100%ABS EE GE -17: Partial; ~14 to 34K; 2620 from mowing grass; slowly increases; one or both carts may blow themselves up and break holes in rings; 5 to 20 min; ~1/5
    ABSp RP Mirror M5-25: Partial; 11.5K; Hector Porko’s bubble is orbiting more slowly than others, after ~15 min collides with following bubble; does not improve score, but makes it easier.
    ABSp PD M-20: Partial; 5.7K; blocks to left of upper tower shift ~30 sec after restart; after 6 min pig closest to upper tower gone; may not be helpful; 100% ?
    ABSp Brass Hogs 9-7: Partial; ~1K; canister nearest sling shots moves and may start up; not useful; <1/200.ABSp Eggsteroid –17 (Orion): Partial; up to 75K; one of the gas tanks explodes immdiately after restart (several different ones have exploded); <1/100??
    ABSp Brass Hogs 9-29: Partial; 23K; car on right explodes after 6 min; seems to happen all the time; best to shoot 2 birds first before waiting, so you can reset if points not high enough.

Unstable
    ABSp Brass Hogs 9-1: Unstable, ?pts; after 1st shot; “thing” covering faucet fell on the planet and started to move to the left, destroying what was under it, and finally killed other pig.
    ABSp Brass Hogs 9-8: Unstable, up to 191K; see Sparty83’s comments on walkthrough; ater first shot will slowly and then sometimes rapidly self-destruct for ~190K; takes 5 to 30 min; frequency not given
    ABSp Brass Hogs 9-9: Unstable, up to 102K; see walkthrough comments; with right debris, cart can rack up lots of points.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Well hopefully tomorrow.

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

@mvnla2: sorry – you have a lot to track it seems, but here is another.

Seasons Go Green Get Lucky – level 14

Slanted wood beam to right of pot of gold shifts slightly to right sometimes. You can see the changed position here:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/peejaydee27/album/picture/14792/

During 100s of flings during challenge, this time it caused collapse of lower right section after a few seconds for 2370 points:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/peejaydee27/album/picture/14793/

One-off for me, so presumably rare. Playing Seasons HD version 5.2.0 on iPad Air

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@peejaydee27 — Thanks! Please take a look at the new main post and the comments I plan to add soon (just above).

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — Just managed to update file on Google Docs without having to edit main post, so I can now update without disturbing admins!
    For clickable TOC, the file needs to be opened with the Word Viewer, not sure if this will automatically happen for you.

Did not get @peejaydee27’s level above in edit. Otherwise I think I’m up-to-date. Wow! It’s been way too long.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@peejaydee27 — Did it help your final score? Does this sound about right?

ABS GGGL 1-14: Partial; 2.4K; slanted wood beam to right of pot of gold shifts slightly to right most of the time, but very hard to see; collapse very rare; ~2 sec; ~1/500

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

See @myselfandme’s comments on ABS Pig Days 3-17 World Oceans Day

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 612 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.