Seek and Destroy – New Event

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Seek and Destroy – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 348 total)
  • Replies
  • jasebree
    @jasebree

@awesomepow be glad you are not in my bracket. We got someone at 21300 right now. If @optimuspig is right, it’s way overkill for the 550 by the end of the day.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So let’s see now:

1. no buddy or energonicon
    2. slow rates of fire
    3. absurdly high targets for the Challenge
    4. monoliths falling all over the place

Am I missing anything?

Would it be a stretch to say that this is the worst event so far?

jasebree
    @jasebree

I don’t know that the comparison has been made yet but for “ease of breaking” here is the comparison I’ve found

Red Bricks –> Glass Bricks
    Blue Bricks –> Wood Bricks
    Yellow Bricks –> Stone Bricks

All the TFs can break the Red with 1 shot. The main decision is do you want to be able to break more Blue or Yellow bricks. The risk is if you get boss pig, it seems only the Red TF can take him out quickly.

Anonymous

@20qmindreader
    Can you post a link to that FB group? I’m not very FB savvy (I only have a profile for the sake of AB games), and I tried finding it a couple of weeks ago, but wasn’t able to figure out hor to friend request members or join the group. Thanks!

Anonymous

@blasphemy
    You’ve actually got way more gems than I do! I’ve got about 800 at the moment. I tend to spend on accessories when I have enough to get good ones, although I’m running out of good ones to get now. But anyway, I never meant to suggest that anyone should use their gems to buy any of these new TFs outright. Where’s the fun in that? I just meant that spending gems to recharge your batteries in the daily challenges is a bigger advantage to moving up the daily leaderboard than being good at shooting targets, and/or being lucky enough to get lots of high value targets in the nodes you play. In other words, I’m talking about spending 10 or 30 (or maaaaybe 70) gems per day to help acquire tokens, and then exchanging those tokens for whatever they can get you. Then, when the event is over, maybe I’ll spend gems to buy whatever TFs and accessories are left that I couldn’t afford with tokens. Of maybe I’ll just wait for the next time they’re available in another event.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@poptimus

Just make sure that you’re using a real FB account – I used a fake one, since joining that group was the only reason I was even on FB (I don’t use FB otherwise) and when FB found out in one of their periodic sweeps I got deleted, lol.

jasebree
    @jasebree

@optimuspig If it weren’t for the absurdly high targets for the tokens, I would say this is a good competition. I actually have to plan out a strategy and work hard to get a good score, which is a change from the normal levels.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Looks like 19500 is needed for 550 tokens. For me, that will be three recharges.

edited to correct my errant calculation.

Anonymous

@optimuspig
    What do you by fake vs. real FB accounts? Mine’s in my real name, and is linked to an email address that is actually mine…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

22,000????

Do you know what the thresholds are for 70/80/90/100?

These are for levels 10 to 60:

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@poptimus

I used a fake name, but linked to a real mobile phone number and a real email address for verification purposes.

I only used it for the ABT FB group, and only had one friend attached.

I guess that wasn’t good enough for them, although in retrospect the name I used would probably have been obviously fake to anyone of a certain demographic.

Anonymous

@optimuspig
    Ah. Gotcha. Then there are a lot of folks in the same boat as you, that just haven’t been “caught” yet. But I’m not among them, so hopefully safe.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig Oops, entered the wrong calculation. 70 is 12000, so if it keeps going up by 2500, it will be 19500. Thanks for keeping me straight.

sheepybach
    @paul13

Only 21500 tokens for P1 on your board gezzzzz mun that’s low. I’ve got 1 again of those again P1 42000 P2 39000 P3 and down 10000 and I’m sitting on P18 3400.

IMHO Rovio needs to do 1 of 2 things::—-
    1. Increase the power of their weapons.
    2. Decrease the power needed to blow them up.

I’ll not be using any gems on this lot that’s for sure.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Based on three tokens per gem, the following may help determine if spending gems on recharges is worth it to move up to the next level in the leader board or then next token level.

So, for example, if you’re sitting in 4th and within two recharges (10+20 gems) of 3rd, it might be worth it to do the recharges. Of course, 3rd place may be watching you and spend as well, so it’s a gamble.

For me, I’ve been averaging 528 and will finish with 14257 at the 70 token level. Three recharges will put me over 19500 (20594 estimated). For 70 gems of recharges, I’ll get 270 more tokens, or the equivalent of 90 gems.

edit: Finally got it to display. Time to go get something cold.

TokensAndGems.png

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

i have a question (maybe stupid) can some one explain to me how i have to choose the right seeker for an event. i’m playing at this moment but still don’t have a clue how. The target at this moment are the red blocks and ROVIO is saying choose the ABT with the right colour. I have runs from 250 up to 1000 points. But still didn’t find out how this events works. With all the other events i never had any problem but this one …….

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@zhianjo

On the character selection screen, each of the TFs is surrounded by a colored “halo”, one is blue/purple, one is red, and one is gold.

Today the target is red bricks, so choose the TF with the red halo, as each TF is better at destroying bricks of their color.

If tomorrow is blue or gold brick day, then choose one of those TFs.

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@optimuspig

As always you have a wise answer @optimuspig. Thank you for clearing this up for me.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

So, do we know now how many time this event is during ?

zhianjo
    @zhianjo

@optimuspig
    Would it be a stretch to say that this is the worst event so far?

i know that this event is making me nervous when i play it and i don’t like that so i agree with you in this.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@grimmjow

Unofficially, @lewie4 said that it would go for eight days.

But officially, no word yet. My newsfeed hasn’t updated either.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@millforce2k

“For me, I’ve been averaging 528 and will finish with 14257 at the 70 token level. Three recharges will put me over 19500 (20594 estimated). For 30 gems of recharges, I’ll get 270 more tokens, or the equivalent of 90 gems.”

I’m not sure I understand.

Three recharges requires the expenditure of 10+20+40 = 70 gems, not 30.

Still worth it to get 270 tokens, but not as good as one might think.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig UUUGGGHHH! Been a long week. Thanks for keeping me straight. I’ve corrected it. Yep, spend 70 gems now to get me the full 550 tokens, or 90 gems later if I’m short by 270 token.

Anonymous

@20qmindreader
    Awesome, thank you!

Michael
    @michaelbeshay

Freezes for the 5th time today, almost 20% of my trials, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Seek and Destroy – New Event

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.