Seasons Questions

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Seasons Questions

• Hi all,

I had another account but can’t, for the life of me, remember it so I created this new member ID.

I know this might seem like a really stupid concern, but it’s concerning the future of AB Seasons. I never received any answers to a previous question so not sure if anyone is interested in this topic or not. I’m just wondering what to do here.

I had posted several months ago that my daughter is 8 and completely enamored of Angry Birds Seasons.  She also loved Rio but seems to have gotten away from that (she loved Rio 1, not that crazy about 2).  I encouraged this as her brothers are always into video games and she doesn’t like match or pop games. I believe she loves the “stories” she makes up from the AB Seasons.  But it has helped her hand/eye coordination tremendously and I wish they would continue this game as it’s really great.  I have the game on a Mac and notice that AB is no longer available in the App store for a Mac.  I have the original, Seasons and Rio on my Mac. It’s easy to reset the scores but I wish they had kept it in the App store.

Anyway, I downloaded Seasons to my phone and would put it on airplane mode to keep all the ads from popping up.   When she completes all the seasons (including getting enough points to open some of the locked ones), I would delete it and re-download it.  A few times I noticed that Ragnahog would only have Level 1 and not allow her to go any further.  I would delete it and download again. That would do the trick most of the time.  Other times it was a matter of not putting it on airplane mode.  I couldn’t quite figure it out – why one thing worked sometimes and not the other times.

This past weekend we had to visit a very sick relative and the kids needed to be quiet.  I deleted and downloaded a spanking new AB Seasons for her. The Ragnahog level went to 1 and that was it. I told her to play some of the other seasons but leave it off airplane mode and maybe the other levels for Ragnahog would come back.

Funny thing is that it didn’t BUT no ads popped up either.  Neither did any “prizes.”  I deleted it and made sure I said that AB could send notifications.  Again, no level 2 (or higher) in Ragnahog and NO ads.

I thought this very strange.  The only thing I can think of – and this might be wrong, that it’s going away.  I mean, why else would there be no ads, no prizes and no level beyond 1 in Ragnahog?    Does anyone know?

I know this might seem like a silly/stupid question far below the expertise of the people in here. I’m just hoping that they’re not getting rid of it and that I can continue to delete and download.  She makes up these fantastic stories for all the stories and what it is they’re doing in each frame.  Fairy Hogmother is definitely her favorite even though there are not many levels…followed by Summer Camp.  She likes to get enough points to unlock the circus one too.

The game has really tapped into her creativity and she’s also getting extremely good at other games but comes back to this (and occasionally Rio).  I received a really nasty email from Rovio several months back which basically said not to bother them about this (it was questioning the difference between AB Season on the Mac and the iPhone).  I know that they don’t care about the interest of an 8 year old girl, but they didn’t have to be as rude as they were.

So if anyone has any insight as to the future of Seasons (I know they’re not updating it but I wonder if they’re going to shelve it completely), please let me know. I appreciate it.  THANKS!

Mike Maz

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • karen68
    @karen68

@mikemaz42 you’re right, Seasons is no longer receiving new episodes, but so far it hasn’t shown any sign of disappearing. The only active thing about it is the Pig Challenge, which continues on a weekly basis, although it’s only purpose really is to collect coins, power-ups & weekly trophies.

I don’t know why Ragnahog won’t advance beyond level 1 for you. I still get gifts of power-ups occasionally. I’m no expert, just one of many old-school flingers here that still enjoy the original slingshot games. Sorry I can’t offer more specific help.

It’s lovely to hear about the joy your daughter gets from the game. I hope she can continue to enjoy it & that Rovio won’t abandon the original games completely.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

Thanks so much for your response Karen!  If there was news about it going away I would try to prepare her.  I wish there was a way to reset it to zero on the phone like I can do on the Mac.  There are more seasons on the iPhone than on the Mac but thankfully I never have to re-download the AB games on the Mac as I just delete the file that has the scores on it.  But when we’re traveling the Mac is tough to haul around.

Her stories are really cute, especially for Fairy Hog Mother and Summer Camp (though she wasn’t crazy about sending all the pig kids off the cliff so she imagines there are big mattresses down there like some of the levels seem to have and all the pig kids survive.  She also wanted to know the story behind the Marie Hamtoneitte season and it was good fun showing her the garden of Louis (whatever number) and showing that it’s real. She also loves all the Halloween ones though I think the first one requires over 600 points.

I wish Rovio would appreciate a story like this.  Seasons is really creative.  My understanding is that the original team have all left Rovio.  Maybe that is the reason for no new seasons.

The boys love the newer versions but she’s seasons slingshot flinger.  I’ve also looked for similar games for her but she grows bored and comes back to Seasons time and again.  Her stories are fantastic.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

MikeMaz
    @mikemaz42

I found out the issue.  I don’t know why but it has to have wireless on for Ragnahog to go beyond Level 1 and for powerups to be given.  I try to keep the internet off when she’s playing the game but left it on one day and noticed she was getting notifications that she hadn’t gotten before.  That’s a relief, but it’s weird.  You can download the game, but if you do what I did – which was turn off wireless and put in airplane mode as soon as it’s downloaded, it will not give you a level after 1 or any powerups.  BUT you don’t get ads either which is why I turned it off in the first place.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Seasons Questions

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.