Season 8 known cheaters

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Season 8 known cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 524 total)
  • Replies
  • Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer the players in my league were not posting huge scores or jumps. I had no idea they were cheating. In fact the last one to be zeroed was in the middle of the pack. Are you saying that these poeple were not actually playing their objectives just posting a score that looked reasonable? In the case of the first two they wanted to be first but only just.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley In order to bump your score (whether reasonable or not), you need to first get an actual value and then modify it internally. That’s how scores are changed around. That’s what I meant.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

I checked my board a while ago and saw that I was alone on my board. However, I just checked it again as everyone was back again,and scrolled down to the bottom to see if speeman2 had moved only to find that I too have 3 people on my board who’s score has been reset to zero. Speeman2 is still on 50 points.

The names are

KKF
    MyF..kSmile
    Unknown player

Strange thing is I only have 1 unknown player on my board and his score wasn’t reset. Looking at the board again I realized that the unknown player who had their score reset must have been imported from another board as I now have 16 names on my board instead of 15?

Yesterday I did a lot of grinding to take 1st place. Even though I knew I would be overtaken and go down to 4th place, it was better than getting 1 star. I’m just glad I wasn’t zeroed out as well. But after reading what @datguygamer wrote they would know I spent a long time grinding.

Edit

Just had a thought. If someone is cheating on the event board that is going on at the moment wouldn’t their score be automatically reset to zero even though they are not be cheating in the Arena, because they are a cheater?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq Event and arena mechanisms to catch cheats are separated and different. One who is banned in the arena may as well play freely in the event without being banned (granted if he doesn’t cheat).

It’s to actually give them a warning that they are being watched.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@datguygamer

As you’ve probably guessed I’ve no idea how these things work, so many thanks for the information:)

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@suzyq No matter. I am here in case someone needs help. Or maybe someone someday might come here who knows more about the game than me. :)

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I have a guy called MRHUNG that jumped from 14 to 2nd today in diamond league. I also have a guy in my event leaderboard that just jumped from 43000 to 99000 event points called Golden.Skyway

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq I have come across My F..kYouSmile cheating in a previous season. I often meet him in the Arena too. He makes my blood boil. His name just drives me nuts. Glad he got his come upance.

I will add both KKF is Unknown to me.

@gabe-nestor
    I often play MRHUNG, Golden Skyway is a new one both go on the list. Let’s hope given enough rope MRHUNG …

I am not watching my event league closely but an Unkown Player just got zeroed.

Such cowards afraid to have a name.

Pointless
    @pointless

I am so happy Rovio has finally decided to implement a system that actually seems to be working at catching these “players”. They have certainly got more sneaky recently by posting smaller score jumps to be less obvious, but that doesn’t seem to be working anymore. The fact that I have had three reset to zero on my current board makes me wonder how many other weeks I’ve had cheaters and simply been unaware.
    A few hours left in the current week, now the real test to see if they don’t recheat last minute…

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

I’ve met him before as well when I was sharing a board with @dallasreds and we both felt the same way about their name. In fact I tried my best to bet him but failed, so I’m glad too.

My event board has just got an Unknown Player who was zeroed too, unlike Caloss who has got 2 red Cheaters stamps. So both my boards have now got an Unknown Player in 16th place?

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless indeed the real test is coming. I have known players wait until the last 15 minutes.

I have to say the number of players reduced to zero is shocking. I have definitely been unaware of cheats in my league in the past and in fact since the update.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

No nasty last minute surprises last week. But…. This week I have Joshua, KKF, @pointless Chinese cheater, EnlighterF1 (sorry Yosh) and someone called Alex in my league. Horrible!

I will update the list for quick reference when I get a minute later today.

Edit: what I don’t understand is how all these players can be in Diamond when their score was set to zero last week they should have been demoted.

Perhaps Rovio are not sure these players are cheats. If so EnlighterF1 could be an honest grinder as @smwforever45 says. I don’t know whether to grind a little or not with the Arena Mayhem I could easily end up in the bottom 3 if I don’t.

Suzy
    @suzyq

@bubbley

Poor you, you must have the worst board ever! But I have faith in you and @pointless as you have both got very strong birds you will both do well.

Because I had some business to attend to I’ve only just started. There are only 8 people on my board at the moment but with HUGE scores already and they are still going strong, goodness knows where I’ll end up :( :(

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have updated the list to include week 7. There are now 19 players to be aware of.

The names are listed below followed by the week(s) when they appeared in one of our leagues.
    NAME.

HOHO. 2, 4, 5
    IGNEEL. 3, 4, 5
    Joshua. 2, 6
    SSSSSSSSSSSSAY. 3
    SS. 4, 6
    ZIZU. 4
    ALLAPAZZA. 4, 7
    Speeman2. 5, 7
    Che. 5
    WJZFP. 6

Coloss. 7

@pointless
    Chinese player. 7
    Edgar 7
    Alex. 7
    Briss. 7
    KKF. 7
    MyF..kYouSmile. 7
    MRHUNG. 7
    Golden.Skyway. 7

Apart from MRHUNG these last nine players all had their scores set to 0. I don’t think any have yet been removed from the game and I doubt if they have even been demoted. I have 3 of them in my Diamond league this week.

With regard to EnlighterF1 there seems to be some doubt regarding the resetting of his score to zero. I have not included him in the list for this reason. He is also in my league this week and therefore also was not demoted. I will observe what happens.

ShapokoManbeast
    @shapokomanbeast

@bubbley

That is a brutal board? I also have another name you can add to the list but I’m not sure if they play the arena anymore.

I caught this guy named MOA quite awhile ago put up 20000 in 5 minutes. I reported him to Rovio but they never got back to me.

A couple months ago(after the M15 update)I noticed him when I faced him in the arena and his birds were at M12 his total power being at around 1700-1800.

I thought that Rovio had just left his profile in the game and that he had quit playing. However, I just ran into him in the arena the other day and he has all M15 birds and his power is between 2000-2100.

I haven’t seen him on any boards but if he shows be wary.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@shapokomanbeast oh yeah it’s brutal. I think it’s got a few more as well. I just hope they get reset to zero otherwise I’m going down to Platinum.

I will add MOA.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Just checked my Arena board to find it is now full. When I checked I saw that Coloss is on it. So, on one board he had red cheater stamps and on the Arena board he hasn’t. I know that @datguygamer told me that the boards are on different servers but surely if someone is proved to be a cheater Rovio should try and find a way to stop them being able to play on the other one, because if they don’t we will never get rid of them.

I wonder when the event has finished will they get a clean sheet or will they never to able to play in events again?

@bubbley
    I saw that SS has also joined my board as well.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley ouch, that seems really unlucky Board…good luck! I also wonder how those players are still in Diamond??? This must be something to do with ghosting, as suggested. Here’s hoping they are at least zeroed for you if they do indeed cheat.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Just checked my board this morning, all the scores seem normal apart from one. Overnight a Russian players score went from 24340 to 107860!

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@suzyq I guess if the Russian played for several hours his score could be legitimate with the Arena Mayhem. Let’s see what Rovio do.

I am somewhat disappointed with their treatment of the players who were reset to zero. The only punishment they received was the opportunity to spin the reward wheel if that’s what happens when your score is zero. They were certainly not demoted.

I have asked Rovio for an explanation. I await their reply.

Good luck.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

And another definite cheat has reared their head in my league. That makes 6 definite and one probable. No zero scores yet.

Pointless
    @pointless

@bubbley once again (with emphasis) OUCH! I was just playing and saw your score at over 37K, and then saw you were in 7th. I couldn’t believe that, but now I have the answer. Really hoping Rovio comes through again to zero these cheaters. Remember last week we were all bumped to new boards half way through, so maybe the anti-cheating measures are not enforced immediately? (although I wouldn’t understand why not)

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@pointless I really am mystified. My understanding from what @datguygamer said is that detection and punishment is now automatic. There is no guarantee that that is the correct interpretation my knowledge of computing is nil and most of the time I don’t know what he is talking about. We just have to see what happens.

Thanks for the sympathy.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@datguygamer can you tell me please whether Rovio can now automatically detect every cheat or is it just random detection? If they detect a cheat is their score automatically reset to zero? Can they mistake an honest player who is just grinding for a cheat?

Many thanks for your help. I trust all our questions do not distract you from your new job. Hope it’s off to a good start.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@bubbley The cheat detection system is automatic as hacking your scores involve the participation of an external tool. When the server catches that you are using a tool of sorts to change the score or you have changed it, the server matches the user’s actual score with what he has changed it to. When they mismatch, the score gets reset as the server. identifies them as a cheater.

But it also has flaws, if players grind too much when compared to their board, the system may identify them as cheaters and will think that they are employing some sort of abusing trick even though they may not be using tools.

Also I am here to help as far as my knowledge allows me to. I don’t mind your questions at all.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Season 8 known cheaters

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 524 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.