Screen differences

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Screen differences

• So I went and bought a new iPad Air today. I finally got it because a jailbreak has been released for IOS 7.xx. So I had been playing AB-SW_POTJ 21 for the challenge yesterday on my old iPAD 2 running IOS 6.01. After updating both devices to IOS 7.04 I went back to play the level. Whaddya know, the backgrounds don’t matchup on both devices. The old iPad 2 still has the background reference markings in the same place after the update I had been using before. The New AIR does not. Now how and why in the world this should be is a mystery to me since the device display is supposed to be (from my understanding) the same size.
    What it does do is make me realize that using background markers when writing strats might drive some users insane trying to follow them, even on seemingly identical platforms.
    Just something to keep in mind if one has trouble matching up strats posted, I know I will.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • PJng
    @pjng

@swelld
    This is what your mean? see above yellow bird, tower on 2 device are not same.

Scr000188.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-24-23-56-57.png

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@swellD The iPad 1/2 displays were 1024×768 pixels at 132 ppi.
    The iPad 3/4/Air displays are 2048×1536 pixels at 264 ppi (Retina Display).

swellD
    @swelld

@pjng exactly!

@amslimfordy
    thanks for the explanation!

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

Just a small gripe. Is there any reason why the background colors on Rio Golden Beachball have changed? When I look on screenshots and videos on the walkthroughs the sky colors are blue and white, but on my version they are yellow, brown and orange. This makes the whole screen much the same color, which is drab and unnatural. Game play is the same, but the aesthetics have been lost I think.

Kelani
    @kelani

@peejaydee27 I wasn’t aware that had been changed. I don’t know if this is the reason, but when I’d fire a bird through the light blue or white clouds, the trajectory dots blended in, and I couldn’t see them at all. Sometimes I’d have to use an unwanted zoom setting just to be able to see. I’m sure they got a few complaints about that.

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

Thanks for the reply @kelani. Maybe you’re right about the trajectory tracks. Whatever the reason, it doesn’t alter gameplay like I said, it’s just the appearance, and liking it or not is just down to personal preference. Guess I’m just getting to be a grumpy old man lol :)

Kelani
    @kelani

@peejaydee27 I may be prematurely headed to grumpy old man land as well. Somewhere in the Bloated Pig is a long, ranting comment about the blue/white backgrounds making it impossible to see the trajectory dots on screenshots. 10 years ago, I wouldn’t have noticed or cared about such a thing.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Screen differences

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.