Scouts Take 1 Hour to Renew

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Scouts Take 1 Hour to Renew

• Anyone else a bit set off because now instead of your scouts regenerating every 30 minutes it takes a hour to renew?????

As a player who purchases extra this is a real turn off.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • metztli013
    @metztli013

My scouts have never regenerated every 30. They have always taken 60 min. And I have made purchases as well. For some strange reason, Rovio have not been fair and consistent with scout timing. I think some players were regenerating every 10 min. Ridiculous shenanigans. 

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Every 60 mins or 1 hr for me as well all the time. Anything faster must be a hack or broken code, FIX PLEASE.

Alternately Rovio can sell us extra scouts slot. However that can degenerate into the mess AB2 is in right now quickly.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

I didn’t realize this until yesterday but some people have had timers of 10, 30, or 60 minutes all along. I have been one of the lucky ones with 10 since I started playing 3 weeks ago. I thought everyone had 10 minute timers. I have played A LOT. Sometimes almost constantly for hours. Because I have been able to.

My timers shot up to 60 yesterday and I am going through serious withdrawal. I simply cannot play more than 10 minutes out of every 3 hours now. The obvious implication is that Rovio will want me to spend real life cash buying gems to revive my scouts. And I do make purchases in Rovio games sometimes. But even if I were a liberal spender, the prices in this game would make me go broke quickly! The prices are high and the available things to buy don’t give enough bang for the buck.

As of yesterday, I basically pick up my phone every 3 hours and play for 5-10 minutes and put it back down. If Rovio wants people to play their game, this wasn’t the way to do it.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@e5c4p3artist   Even with the current special item requirements for these Bird events, you have a very tight schedule to get enough before the event is done. Not you not me but someone bound to pay real $$ to get extra scouts. This is how Rovio make money unfortunately.

ManlyMan22
    @phedfido

My scouts used to be ready (all 3) every 30min. yesterday after I started the game the timer was showing 1 hour left for 1 scout (I was able to use 6 scouts/hour and now only 1)

Wtf?? And I cant’t find anything explaining this change

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

If people don’t play their games, they don’t make money.

A game needs to be playable for everyone, with extra perks for those who spend money. Take Angry Birds Epic for example. You can play the game all day long, completing levels over and over, grinding levels, grinding mastery, grinding for coins. If you are a free-to-play, you can eventually get all bird classes and elite classes by working hard in events. But it will take you a while. Maybe even years. If you choose to spend real life money, you can buy Gold Coins with which you can purchase classes instead of having to wait for events to win them. The game is playable as a free-to-play and as a pay-to-win.

With this timer change, Evolution has become unplayable basically for all players.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Apparently for some of us it has always been 1 scout every 60 mins. So I will have all 3 restored after 3 hrs. I have the game for about 1 month now here in Canada. I wonder whether geographic locations determine what game versions you get. There was an update few days ago for me.

My version is 1.9.2. Update was on July 4, 2017.

burbman
    @burbman

I have always had 60 minute scouts, but something odd occurred this morning.  I used all of my scouts up at 8:00 am, and when I logged on at 9:15 to use the next one, I had all three available.  My counter then said it would be an hour before the next one was again available.  I will see if I get just one.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

@burbman – So on the official Rovio boards, I found an answer to this. It is a bug/glitch but one that can be exploited (at least until it is fixed). The way it was explained to me is this:

When you have 0 scouts left, note the TIME LEFT until the next one is available. Close your app and do not restart it again until [1 hour plus the TIME LEFT] has gone by OR [1 hour and 30 minutes] has gone by, whichever is greater. When the app starts all 3 scouts should be available again instead of only 2.

Examples:

If 0 scouts are available and the TIME LEFT is 42 minutes, close the app and do not play again for 1 hour and 42 minutes.

If 0 scouts are available and the TIME LEFT is 13 minutes, close the app and do not play again for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

@burbman – By the way, I only found out yesterday when my timer increased to 1 hour that different people had different timers. Apparently only a few lucky people had 10 minute timers and I was one of them. Which explains why I was able to pull our Clan (Weeping Angels) to the top of the leaderboards almost single-handedly in the last two events. I just thought I was playing way more than everyone else!

But boy did it suck to go from 10 minutes to 1 hour!

WELL this makes so much more sense.  I was every 30 minutes until yesterday.  I have to admit, today I have lost interest.  I don’t mind dropping a few dollars but I will not make a new bill out of this.  :(

burbman
    @burbman

@e5c4p3artist – It definitely was nice to have you leading the way!  I assumed you had a short timer, but at least now I can help contribute to our overall success.

Google eyes
    @googleeyes

It just happen to me.  I was one of the lucky 10 minutes countdown.  My question, is what can we do about this?  I can see a few minute increase so that all players must play at the same time period.  I’m not willing to play a game that has one hour game play interval.  Better things to do with my time.  Any suggestions how to proceed with this situation?

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

@googleeyes – I don’t have an answer for you. I have been trying to remember to log in every couple of hours, but I hate games where I have to schedule play time like that and all of the joy has gone out of the game for me.

Google eyes
    @googleeyes

Thanks for the comments.  I sent a message to Roxio by using the in-game help and support contact us site.  I provided my comments and if they cannot return my game to its original state, I requested a refund on the money I spent on this game.  Quite unfortunate that I game that I really liked…can suck so fast…

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

I just created a new post called ‘Slave To The 1 Hour Timer’ that tells how I really feel about this change. But like you, I feel that a game I really liked has no joy left. It feels like doing homework now, not like playing a game. And I cannot imagine that I will be able to stick with it for too much longer unless the timers go back down to reasonable levels.

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

@e5c4p3artist Hide the info about the scout glitch quick. Or Rovio will fix it.

Google eyes
    @googleeyes

I received an answer from Roxio this morning, please go to your slave to the 1 hour timer post.

Home Forums Angry Birds Evolution Forum Scouts Take 1 Hour to Renew

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.