Scores ???

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Scores ???

• Is it normal to obtain in the levels (not arena),the scores superior to 1 million ?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • magsy79
    @magsy79

It is now. The new update has increased scoring capability across all levels.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

Yes for Arena. Solo mode is maybe a bug, no ?

dmsral
    @dmsral

So the older scores are effectively meaningless? I don’t like that at all. If just the new levels have that feature, then that’s fine, but essentially trashing all the effort we’ve put into the game so far, that’s terrible!

Mp127
    @mp127

That’s crazy, too big update. They’re changing everything – now it’s just mix of older games.
    BTW, how it’s going with boards now? All scores to change, total score will be around 1 bilion – what’s the point of the update?

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

The older scores did not change.
    That the new scores are more important is not grave. Unless the threshold of 3 stars stayed the same as for the older system. It will be then easy to obtain them always.

burbman
    @burbman

@grimmjow – Scoring potential has increased dramatically on all levels. I just replayed level 1 to see and increased my score by over 500,000 points and it wasn’t even a particularly good effort on my part. As hard as I worked to get top ten scores in all levels, I have to say I am disappointed, and probably done with the leaderboard for this game.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman

You mean that the threshold of 3 stars was not raised ? Their obtaining is always assured ?
    I think that scores are multiply by the level of birds.
    All my birds are level 8, my score for level 341 is 2 947 416.
    2 947 416 / 8 = 368 427, so it’s a “normal score”.

Other question : Rovio release news level without update ?
    Description update speak about 20 news levels, but with levels 341to 360, it’s 40 for me.

burbman
    @burbman

@grimmjow – No idea about star threshold, I was more concerned with the leaderboards.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@burbman

I edited my post.
    Are you don’t interesting by 3 stars ?

I confirm, real score = new score / 8, it’s always an integer

burbman
    @burbman

I never had any issues obtaining three stars on the levels, I had set my sights higher (top ten in the nest on each level)

sal9
    @sal9

@burbman and others

All, we are working on the release post.

A few early notes:

1- Each bird will give a score multiplied by its level
    2- That excludes bonus points from “strikes”
    3- The 3-star thresholds are also adjusted via a complex formula that takes the average bird level into account, and multiplying the 3-star threshold by that number.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sal9 — Not sure who said it or where, but I think someone said your old scores were increased to reflect the new scoring system. It certainly isn’t always true for me. I just checked the first 10 levels against my leaderboard, and all the scores are the same except for level 9, which I use for farming presents.
    Somewhere around level 80, they do start to change, so maybe they use the levels of the birds you had when you first played the level? Or maybe what they think most people would have when they first played the level?
    Just replayed level 79 and got 1.3M as opposed to my previous 400K. @bankler — Another issue that you could try explaining.

dmsral
    @dmsral

@mvnla2: Yes, the scores were automatically increased starting around level 80, but if you replay the levels, you will still get significantly more points than the adjusted scores. Example: I had one level with around 400k that Rovio bumped up to a little over 1M. I played the level and got 2.6M. Not sure what formula they are using but it’s not an accurate conversion.

is4kov
    @yevhen-isakov

Well, it seems now final score on each level depends on birds level. Also, I guess, recently Rovio started to collect statistics about how much score every bird at level gain. And now this ‘clear’ score multiplies to bird level, so that’s why all level scores have been increased. Also, as for me, now with my 5th lvl birds I’m getting more score at old levels, than it was before. So that’s my guess.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

@mvnla2
    “Or maybe what they think most people would have when they first played the level?”

That is correct. We calculated the average bird level the player would have had the first time the level was played (excluding feathers from any arena runs). We multiply the old scores with that.

However, if you continue to level up your birds, and then go back and play an earlier level again (now with higher level birds), you can get much higher scores than that. This is why it’s now easy to get drastically higher scores on the earlier levels.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@bankler

And it’s totally rubbish ! Every news contents from you is or an operation to earn money or a way of moving away you of what made your biggest success : Angry Birds, the original.

Where is the prestige to have 3 stars with this system of exuberant score ?
    Where is the challenge when we see that the game is programmed to make us lose lives or us make spend gems ?

Rovio digs his grave, it is the only thing which I see in your “news contents”.

Rovio_Bankler
    @bankler

I understand your frustration about the scoring, GrimmJow. I’m not in the position to promise any changes, but want you to know that at least I understand, listen and forward your opinions.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Scores ???

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.