The Angry Birds News & Discussion Board

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Angry Birds News & Discussion Board

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Replies
  • Kathy
    @kathy

@sahil-gagrai sorry i messed up your name on the last post and seems I’ve changed the page.. Oopsy habit of mine lol in my forum The Bloated Pig they call me ‘Princesspagechanger’ hence my Avatar!!

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

Lots of likes from me, @kathy! It’s been so long since I’ve posted anything here bcoz there’s not much to post here.

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks @sahil-gargai , not a lot going on I agree!!?

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

13th April, 2017

Hi friends! Today I”m here for a random check-up. Today I find out that AB2 recently got an update which introduced the bonus points system. For every gem purchased, you’ll get bonus points so you could get bonuses. Really now, first we have to buy the gem letter to complete the last daily challenge, and now this? Why?

Bonus System

BTW, I’ve created the Angry Birds Blues Wikipedia page, so feel free to edit it.
    (Did you know it was animated by the studio which also animates some popular shows like Rick and Morty, Teen Titans Go!, Nick’s TMNT, and even the live action/animated movie Space Jam!)

More updates soon!

Kathy
    @kathy

@sahil-gagrai Why you ask? You know why..$$$$$
    Thanks for the updates!! Always appreciated ?
    Great Wiki page ??

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

13th April, 2017

Hi friends! One of my friends said that ABIslands (That I’ve told about it before in that post and this post) is now officially launched worldwide!

https://youtu.be/L5Tk5FaRCe4

So this game is very different from others. And yes, it’s another farming/RPG game in which birds and pigs are stuck in a different world, and they have to work out together to build a village and rescue the other pigs by fighting the monsters! (Yes, I know they did this before as AB: Holiday Island, but was a flop.) And it has a cute, colourful, chibi-like style, so everyone would love it!

ABIslands finally released!

Screenshot

And this game had a lot of launch events going right now!

You’ll collect magic petals, which you could use to get in-game items!
    (13th April-9th May GMT+9)
    Magic Petal Event

You will receive better gifts as you reach a higher level!
    (13th April-14th May GMT+9)
    Level-Up Gifts Event

It’s a global teamwork event! If the official page reaches the certain number of likes, everyone will get a gift!
    (13th April-30th April GMT+9)
    Likes for Gifts Event

Every day, the FB page will send a daily coupon code that gives a random gift. Check back every time day! (Code should be used on the same day.)
    (13th April-18th April GMT+9)
    Daily Code Event

The today’s code is here. Make sure to use it today! (13 April, ’17):
    WELCOME is the code for 13th April '17. Use it on this day right now!

Download it right now!

Epekkamaster
    @epekkamaster

More news: battle bay is going to re-open!!!!

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

14th April, 2017

Hi friends! Rovio HQs have an AB-themed easter party for kids! Check it out:

(And today’s ABIsland code is: ABILOVE. It’s not working for me yet as it kept saying ‘server not responding’ again and again)

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

16 April, 2017

Hi friends! Piggy Tales: Third Act is now available as DVD!

Buy it now from Amazon!

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

22nd May, 2017

Hi friends! Today Rovio announced that the Angry Birds Movie sequel is coming! It was planned to be released at 20 September, 2019. This movie will be directed by Thurop Van Orman (who also created Adventure Time) and co-directed John Rice (who also created Rick & Morty). More info will be available in the future.

(Art by Emmy Jones aka Luna)

Are you hyped for the AB Movie sequel?
    (More info on Rovio’s website)

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

24 May, 2017

Today, Rovio give us a new trailer about Angry Birds Evolution, and it’s finally going to be released worldwide in June 2017! Gameplay is not revealed in this trailer (which you all know what it’ll be like), but damn, they look sick! And look at all those references! (BTW, it already exists in Canada or somewhere, I don’t know, but still I’m excited bcoz I can finally play it!)

Pre-register this game now to recieve a free starter pack!

Green Whacker
    @dragonofheart73

I’m not seeing Angry Birds Island in iOS appstore?

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

@dragonofheart73 I’m not sure where it is already available. But the ABNest community has beta test this game already, and some of my FB friends too send screenshots of them (and they are 360° pics!) and they are all from the US. So I just speculated where it was released during the beta-test.

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

7 June, 2017

Hi friends! Today I thought to share some Angry Birds related videos created by so many people in YouTube (Bcoz nothing much about AB is going on right now). Just remind you that some have cuss words.

These four videos are made by Dorkly, a channel which creates funny parody videos of video games. They created four of them!

Back when Angry Birds Star Wars II was just released for PC, gamer YouTuber JackSepticEye (when he have about 1.5M subs), created a gameplay video about it. We can see he definitely suck in it bcoz it was the only AB game he played on his PC.

You may be familiar with EvanTubeHD. He was one of the YouTubers who got popular by creating videos of Angry Birds toys, plushies, clay figures, etc. Then he went from other merchandise too which includes LEGO, Minecraft, Skylanders, Nintendo, etc. He has a whole collection of it.

I’ll share more Angry Birds related fandom here soon.

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

27 June, 2017

Hi friends! Angry Birds Island discontinued today, making it the fourth game to be discontinued.

Bye-bye!

ABIslands’ FB page’s last post

I don’t know what’s next for Rovio. Things didn’t go too well for them. No new updates have been received for any games rather than as bug fixes. There’s no news for any new game though. Nor about the sequel to the AB movie.

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

26 September, 2017

Hi friends! I know, it’s been too long since Angry Birds has been in a dormant state (although old apps are still updating as it is), and now the PvP arena is at maintenance for AB Epic until October. As you already know that Toons.TV has been shut down, Rovio’s YT channel is the only place to watch all their AB and PT series. Today, I watch the first(?) episode of Piggy Tales: 4th Street. It got removed immediately after I watched it. Looks like they accidentally uploaded it as you can see the video’s file name.

Piggy Tales S4 E1?

I don’t know if they even upload it or not, so I’ll tell you what happened in it. If you are one of their notification squad, you already knew it, or if not, then it’s a SPOILER!

A pig was playing hopscotch until another pig called for help, who is stuck on a tree (why did you even climb?). So the 1st pig grabs the rope lying just under it, just like you get a key item in Legend of Zelda (do you know, AB Evolution has references from them, like the ocarina). The 1st pig then throws the rope dramatically, only to find it hasn’t even flown a meter than its height. Then he tried tying a stone to give it velocity, but the pig didn’t have that velocity. Then he used the snake charmer trick, only to bite back. Then he makes a lasso and catches the 2nd pig. And now what, that 2nd pig jumped from the tree, and maybe cracked his head (what?). The 1st pig, being happy to rescue the 2nd pig, goes back to play his game again.

This episode was just straight too dumb, they didn’t even be creative for this. I don’t know what is going on in Rovio’s HQ, maybe running out of ideas and cash out from matching games?

Anyways, that’s all the news about AB. Until next time! (I don’t know when.)

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

28 September, 2017

Hi friends! Today, Angry Birds 2 is a part of SpecialEffect’s “One Special Day”, where you’ll play the games associated with this event to support gamers with disabilities.

Play #AngryBirds2 in the UK tomorrow & help change the lives of disabled gamers! #OneSpecialDay http://ow.ly/q1xk30fsfaj

Kathy
    @kathy

@thislilpiggy No not good news at all, but according to @wingmanjuan the Rovio representative of the Nest forum, none of the older episodes would be updated, only for bug fixes,, they’ve all been shelved:(
    Supposedly they are concentrating on the newer money makers, such as AB2 AB freinds and tournaments and such.. all games i don’t play.
    To hell with us long term dedicated Flingers who have also spent money but don’t buy coins and power ups!
    Just wait until the teens that play those games are gone and their parents no longer contribute to their gaming expenditures!!

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

21 January, 2018

Hi! It’s been a very long time. There is no news about Angry Birds, but you do know the Angry Birds BETA instant game for Messenger.

So you do know Peter Vesterbacka? The founder of this once-popular franchise. Well, he’s going to go deep by making the longest undersea tunnel.

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks for this news @sahil-gagrai Not great news but i guess we all knew Angry Birds was at it’s end😢

This is SG
    @sahil-gagrai

Yeah, @kathy. If they only make some original games. They scrapped off some of their games too which may be going to work great. Now they are just making their movie-style matching games.

Kathy
    @kathy

@sahil-gagrai yeah , i haven’t tried any of those new games, I’m a fan of the old style slingshot games. I really wish they’d think about at least adding a Seasons update once in a while, especially missed the Advent at Christmas, very sad there wasn’t one 😢

Anonymous

Another new game was soft launched:

http://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/67480/rovio-soft-launches-angry-birds-blast-island/

Kinda weird that of all the games they could make a sequel to, it’s Blast. Epic, Slingshot Stella, or Space would have been so much cooler.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

I tried posting 3 times (long story) about the new game, but I’ve yet to play it.  From the pictures, it looks like a version of Blast for other countries.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum The Angry Birds News & Discussion Board

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.