Rumor Mill: What's Heard Through the Grapevine?

Home Forums News and Rumors Forum Rumor Mill: What's Heard Through the Grapevine?

• Profile photo of AMslimfordyAMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Have you heard any rumors lately about upcoming Angry Birds updates? Maybe Bad Piggies? Or even promotions, competitions, or weird happening in the Rovio Universe? Post them all here!

This thread has been recreated from an “old” thread. It may be worthwhile to check the previous thread for even more info! Click here to go there!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 118 total)
  • Replies
  • Well, we do know that there is an ABO update coming along soon. They confirmed that it would be in November after the Red’s Mighty Feathers update came out, and tweeted about it on Tuesday. Hopefully we’ll see it soon.

Profile photo of MVNLA2MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Does anyone play Puzzle and Dragons or know anything about the Angry Birds collaboration with Puzzle and Dragons?

Profile photo of JosmJosm
    @josm

today some people asked about a christmas episode in Seasons, the answer was ‘stay tuned’ so probably there is an christmas episode coming for seasons

@josm

fb:Angry Birds is getting an update, check out this new tee for a clue on what’s coming next: http://rov.io/1dSGYBo

Shockwave
    Introducing Bomb Bird’s electrifying new Shock Wave power – featured in the upcoming 30-level Angry Birds update! Get the exclusive, ultra limited edition Shock Wave T-shirt only from the Angry Birds Online Shop!

@AMslimfordy

Profile photo of Les ToreadorsLes Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

Bad Piggies V1.5.1 PC Version update was available via manual update earlier this morning (US Time).

It appears to be a minor aesthetics update with a new custom cursor. The pigineering fans were scouring it to create a changelist but did not find anything noteworthy this morning.

8 hours of community testing and no noteworthy changes were noticed save for minor graphical things.

http://goo.gl/DOx6Cz

@mvnla2

I got an e-mail with this link, but I can’t find it directly on twitter either by checking Vesterbacka’s tweets or NASA’s:

https://twitter.com/NASA/status/402055153525596160/photo/1

Does this mean Bad Piggies are coming to AB Space, or that there is going to be space episode in Bad Piggies? Or???
    @Dr-Omega

@les-toreadors

The artwork style definitely looks like Angry Birds: Space.

As for space episode for Bad Piggies… hehe… I think it’s possible, but not so soon. I recently wrote up a concept for microgravity scenarios in Bad Piggies but we need lots o new items to make that work. Stuff like liquid fuelled, restartable rockets.

Profile photo of Dr. OmegaDr. Omega
    @dr-omega

I don’t see anything in that tweet to indicate anything, really. It was a big deal for NASA to be able to partner with Rovio, so I’m sure they are just using what they have on hand. I’m pretty sure that image is from the opening cartoon on one of the Red Planet levels. And, I’m pretty sure we would hear about anything new from Peter or the official Rovio accounts first.

@mvnla2

@Dr. Omega — I guess I should have mentioned that the twitter e-mail said Peter had re-tweated the pic, but I couldn’t find his re-tweet on his page.

Profile photo of Dr. OmegaDr. Omega
    @dr-omega

@mvnla2 – It’s there. Go here – https://twitter.com/pvesterbacka and scroll down. It’s not very far..

@josm

Seasons Christmas update coming soon, rumors are getting stronger:

someone on twitter asked for an christmas update update for seasons or rio,

and they said they have maybe something planned for seasons, christmas

and when they are say maybe, its almost true

Profile photo of AMslimfordyAMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

A reference for @Josm‘s report:

@mvnla2

Just wondering if the bug in this forum that makes the time of the last post = time of creation has been fixed. Yea! Looks like it has been!

@josm

AB Original update coming tomorrow

@mvnla2

@josm — How do you know it’s ABO, let alone an AB game update? They say it’s not about Red, and there is a phone in the pic. Also, tomorrow is Tues, which doesn’t rule it out, but…

@josm

@mvnla2 just see the text rovio placed in my link… + its not about red, what the last update was + bomb bird is in the pic, and they said next update is about bomb bird, so enough reasons to think it is an ABO update.. Coming tomorrow

Profile photo of AMslimfordyAMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Looks like ABo to me, @Josm @MVNLA2

Profile photo of sparty83sparty83
    @sparty83

Same thing posted on FB, guessing since thursday is a major holiday in the us, they moved the release up a couple of days

Profile photo of DH KimDH Kim
    @dh-kim

pic.twitter.com/3Flw8xCIiZ Seasons may get an update…

@les-toreadors

That would be a nice early festive gift for all seasonal flingers (pun intended!) @dh-kim :)

Honestly one must wonder how does Rovio keep up with updating every single thing. Even the underdog games (hint hint bad piggies) have rapid and frequent updates and lots more unseen content to whet fans’ appetite with.

My hypothesis on the Seasons update:

Since they’ve confirmed that it will be this week, we will get a Christmas advent calendar on the 1st (Sunday). That or a Hanukkah calendar, since Hanukkah starts Thursday. What would be really great would be if we got BOTH. They’ve got to have more than just 25 levels finished in the time since Abra-Ca-Bacon.

Profile photo of Peatree2Peatree2
    @peatree2

Angry Birds Go has been soft-launched in the New Zealand App Store, 2 weeks before the worldwide launch! You can it for free from the NZ app store, but you’ll need an NZ iTunes account.

It’s still downloading right now, a light 93.3 MB file on my iPad.

@josm

‘ Attention New Yorkers: We’ll be celebrating the new #ShortFuse update in Times Square this Friday! #BlackBirdFriday ‘

Profile photo of tmsforevertmsforever
    @tmsforever

the angry birds go soft launch in new zeland has revealed a $125 in app purchase!!!
    if you don’t believe me here is the link to the news article.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/27/report-angry-birds-go-has-100-microtransaction-in-soft-launch/

Profile photo of DH KimDH Kim
    @dh-kim

@tmsforever — This is pure frightening…

Home Forums News and Rumors Forum Rumor Mill: What's Heard Through the Grapevine?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.