Rovio finally sent out a mass no cheating message

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Rovio finally sent out a mass no cheating message

• Looks like Rovio is finally starting to take action

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

Can you elaborate?

llrr
    @llrr

There’s a notification saying people will be banned if they modify the game in any way or whatever. I think he’s just saying they’re finally banning people who are obviously cheating (you can tell with their ridiculous event points).

justpast40
    @justpast40

But if someone uses a cheat & keeps it “reasonable,” let’s say with what the anti-Frog ship parts would allow, will Rovio catch on? I’m just afraid the cheaters will get smarter & keep the points within the realm of possibilities but enough to keep knocking the rest of us out.

llrr
    @llrr

There will always be cheaters in every game that’s impossible to eliminate.

ezeromark
    @ezeromark

Leaderboad on Frog event is not as crazy as in the past. I think Rovio has really started banning the cheaters.

tantan
    @tantan

In the Blues Arena event I checked my place 15 minutes before the event ended and it was 37k+. I didn’t have time to play, just checked. After Rovio did some math I ended 33k something, almost 4000 higher than I should have been.
    Maybe it was anti-fraud clearance.

Joel Ford
    @joel-ford

So I know people cheat to get gems, but is there some way to cheat the puzzle too? I’ve seen some unlikely scores pop up on my opponents a few times, or a seeming impossible number of sabotages…is it productive to screen cap them for reporting?

TomT
    @tomt

My highest best score ever was using Red vs Stella, attack 1742 / defense 1415

llrr
    @llrr

@joel-ford the high number of sabotages are most likely due to their birds having the gold boosted increase panel appearance rate items. Those items make a huge difference to every game.

Joel Ford
    @joel-ford

I’ve had a score nearly that high.
    I mean in cases when I have a plodding puzzle on my side and my opponent literally looks like they are getting hit with a power up machine gun from the very beginning of the fight and they come out with some baffling score. It’s only happened twice, to be honest, and the unlikely repeated onslaught of sabotages happened once, but each instance seemed impossible to me. Unless the two puzzles aren’t actually the same like the game suggests? I mean, it could be that path A was a crazy cascade and I took path b or c, which happened to be slogs. But I think I can usually tell the potential of a puzzle…or lack of potential, as it were

TomT
    @tomt

“Unless the two puzzles aren’t actually the same like the game suggests?”

So, two players have the same puzzle configuration in each fight? Really?

Joel Ford
    @joel-ford

A hint In the game claims this, yes. It reads like : Hint! You and your oppononent start with the same layout!

Now, i don’t know if that means all the upper tiles are the same,or if it’s even true in the first place. Has anyone checked, I wonder?

There’s a lot that is mysterious about this game to me.

TomT
    @tomt

I just hope there is a website explaining the game in detail, like, the items, the effects, how attack/defense/health are calculated, examples of hard and soft attack/defense/health……… I have come across a couple of websites on Google, but none of them touches the technical aspects of the game.

llrr
    @llrr

Only the starting tiles are the same, then whatever you get after is random and is luck based. Also is affected by items (any + panel rate items). Pretty sure it works like this.

FreckledPig147
    @freckledpig147

@tomt The Angry Birds Wiki does mention most of these things, but it doesn’t explain them that deeply or how the game calculates all these things based on items, matched tiles, etc. Rovio would probably rather have the players discover the basic mechanics of the game with the help of a few tutorials, and then develop their own strategies later in the game than explain everything on the spot. :( It would also be difficult to find out how much attack or defense is added during a fight per match, but some people here have done some statistics on different things, but the rest would be up to you to find out one way or another.

TomT
    @tomt

Before the cheaters crackdown, my monster event ranking would drop about 200 every morning when I woke up.

After the cheaters crackdown, which is this past week, for 7 days, my monster event ranking would drop about 20-50 every morning when I woke up.

This morning when I woke up, my ranking dropped about 150, and I only slept for 5 hours last night.

So, I would assume the cheating wave is back again, oh well……

tantan
    @tantan

@tomt, I guess you’re somewhere in top 500. I decided to check and I dropped 125 places in less than an hour.
    On the other hand I lost only about 350 places last night and I had a nice 8 hour sleep.

TomT
    @tomt

@tantan Staying around 500 was easy, FOR ABOUT A WEEK!! Then suddenly a big drop in my ranking yesterday. I was surprised…… or I shouldn’t be….

llrr
    @llrr

well when any old pigs come back that’s when everyone’s scores skyrockets… gotta keep up with gems (honestly this is the time when you should start using your gems, not before)

justpast40
    @justpast40

@tomt, may I ask your Leaderboard score for that “around 500” rank? I’ve never been that close & have no idea how close I’ve been.

I was certain that when Mecha returned, because I saved the Pop Ship & the Pop Ship Mast (anti Mecha I’ll call it) from the original Mecha event (I got the Ship on Day 1 of original Mecha event & Mast very shortly before the end) that I’d really put a dent in my Leaderboard ranking, but the Mast is doing nothing & I mean nothing for additional defense. Fortunately the Ship is tripling as it should. It’s been more than 36 hours since I reported this to Rovio & while this is just a game I imagine anyone reading this who’s been playing since the worldwide release understands what a “letdown” this is.

GL & TIA if you share that Leaderboard score.

llrr
    @llrr

The leaderboard seems to be increasing by 500pts every 2hrs when it updates. At this rate to be in top 200 you’ll need to be at the 45000-50000pts mark I think by the end. That would suggest at least 40000pts to be in top 500 and that might not even be enough. How many gems are people using for one event seriously

TomT
    @tomt

I’m now out of 500, not even within 600……
    My ship stats: 6877 attack / 4934 defense / 4789 health
    The best record against Frog Pig: defense 4789 + 4536
    most of times is only around + 2000

I’m just glad this event is finally coming to an end!!

llrr
    @llrr

@tomt you seriously should just get into top 500 by the end… otherwise that’s such a waste of effort to just get 500-2000…

TomT
    @tomt

@llrr The monsters are so difficult to defeat now. Especially Mecha Pig #3 and onward, it takes about 7 anchors to kill one Mecha.

Besides, the only difference between 1st and 2nd is the Frog Ship Hull, but I already have the Carnival Ship Hull, which is better than the Frog Hull, so I’m ok. I just hope I don’t get kicked out of top 2000…..

My ship:
    Bow- 2426 attack
    Mast- 2666 defense
    Hull- 2666 health

tantan
    @tantan

@justpast40, I think 500th place has 32-33K points right now. But that’s just my guess, I’m somewhere behind @tomt.

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum Rovio finally sent out a mass no cheating message

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.