Rolling for Legendary Set Items

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Rolling for Legendary Set Items

• Ok I bit the bullet and paid for some gold coins. I got several decent set items for a few of my birds. I paid for them around level 6 or so. Now my team is around level 12 and the same set items of ‘legendary power’ all have stats much lower than the stuff I find or roll for. At the time I acquired them they were great.

Are the items intended to be weak like this or should one wait to pay for rolls until they have maxed their rank. Items appear to be linked to rank. I’ve seen a few videos and a guy had the exact same set item that I have except its stats were much higher.

Hope that made sense. If I had waited until rank 15 to pay, would the same set item have better stats?

?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

The following is a direct quote from a Rovio employee:

And please bear in mind that the base stats of each item are calculated depending on the player’s level when the item is obtained ([set items] are always a good deal stronger than other items’ stats on the same level).

So if you find a set item too early, it will be less advantageous than if you found it at a higher level.

Lightmage
    @lightmage

Thanks for the response. Kind of a crummy system though. Whats the point of wasting money on items to help power through the game only to have the ‘best items’ that you obtain become obsolete in a few levels. The unique legendary set items should increase in power as you increase in level or have their stats based on a higher start point.

APpreciate the response.

burbman
    @burbman

Might those early, weaker weapons come in handy as a player progresses and becomes more powerful, when playing against opponents with “dodge” capabilities?

Lightmage
    @lightmage

Good point. However the items are set up to be the best in the game (set ones). One would hope they are the strongest available when purchasing. Nothing in the game that warns not to purchase earlier (or that you get a weak version of them).

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

I understand your frustration, but it sort of makes sense. I agree that it’s frustrating to spend Lucky Coins so early (hint: I have NEVER spent a Lucky Coin to roll the Golden Pig machine… They’re too rare to waste).

TomC
    @tomc

Wish I had found this game earlier so I’m not stuck on Level 25, as you can see even more advantageous when people obtain set items at Level 40. Screenshot from FB. Maybe if in the future you can gift or trade items to others then it’d be more useful but perhaps this won’t happen as you can already scrap items and trading could lead to multi-account abuse.

screenshot

Smith
    @itzgankstah

Yes im super disappointed in learning this. Its going to make me stop buying coins now =).

cyborgpig
    @axwi

@Tomc Let me get this straight, the screenshot that you pasted here, was this taken from the live version of the game from some user who had hit level 40 before the max level was changed? :)

TomC
    @tomc

@axwi Yes, and back when you could keep watching videos for free Golden Pig rolls and when chances of getting a set item was much higher.

Marcus
    @marcusa

The only thing you should be spending your gold coins on are the level 1 upgrade on anvil and cauldron, some class the paladin, and then save it for the last upgrade of bird class.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

and the golden chili, it is much more valuable than golden anvil / caukdron

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

I am frustrated at getting triplicates and quadruplicates of some set items, whilst in dire need of ones I do not already have

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Yes they are too rare to waste – but they get wasted before players learn this. Takes a while to figure out what is going on

KillerKea
    @killerkea

How long have you been playing? I’ve only gotten 3 set items out of 42-43 spins.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I got a Ballista at like Lvl 9, so should I dump it?

1st set item I got.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Have been playing daily since June 12.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Not sure what a Ballista is, but don’t dump any set item, unless it is a duplicate. They are too hard to come by. Chances are you will get a duplicate later in the game at a higher level. That is the time to dump the level 9 one

KillerKea
    @killerkea

There is no reason to dump any set item unless you have a better one of the same type. That said I read that the Ballista with the Ballista Bolts is one of the weakest sets to have since all it does is give you a bonus of 100% damage when you get a critical hit. A normal bow gives you a 15% chance to get a critical for 50% extra damage.

Each bird has 3 different sets they can find for a total of 30 different set items. Bomb might only have 2 sets, but that is still 28 different set items. In order to get the same set items 3 and 4 times, you must have spent 500+ lucky coins on the 20 LC spin.

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

I only ever used the Normal Spin.

illawarrior
    @illawarrior2

Yes, I paid for some gold coins when I thought set items were relatively easy to get. And then Rovio gave me some freebies to compensate me for the impact of a bug. Needless to say I was really peeved when started getting multiples of things I already had, instead of the items I wanted/needed. Also needless to say, I will never be buying gold coins again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Rolling for Legendary Set Items

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.