Upcoming Event- Return of the Stone Guard (Elite StoneGuard)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Return of the Stone Guard (Elite StoneGuard)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 351 total)
  • Replies
  • Alugia
    @alugia

@smwforever45

It because you did not mention it right, i had sucess mentioning it in the fourm about bugs, and they remove it from the blacklist. I heard is has been tied to spam in the past.

Dave
    @seraphion

@alugia

you are almost right
    lvl 3 were 500 snoutling
    and lvl 7 were 300 LC (I bought this one and I was crying after they relesed the masterie system)

good old times :D

angryde
    @angryde

As someone who uses Stone Guard as part of his stock-standard arena line-up… I am officially excited that the event begins in 1 h 41 m :-D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

As someone who still needs this class… I’m also excited :D One hour left!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Got a good start in! Leading my (busy as usual, what else should I expect…) board with 1,125 points; and I got one free item from the ad, 3 free stamina, and one collectible from level 3. 36 hours until the next gate opens.

Suzy
    @suzyq

Just finished and got to the first gate, just waiting for more stamina for another go. Everyone is playing on board. I have got 2 feathers and 1 statue so far. Forgot, I also got 3 stamina drinks as well.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Almost forgot about the event. Time to start.

Chulimanga
    @chulimanga

@angryde in what combination do you use stone guard in arena? I haven’t find the proper way to use him yet.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@chulimanga I only use Stone Guard when I get the SG and Princess objective. I add in Rogues buff my banner with SG and Rogues then heal with Princess. Then attack with SG and Rogues until my banner needs rebuffing. It works but I would never choose this team. @angryde will have a better strategy.

angryde
    @angryde

@chulimanga I use –

Stone Guard M:12 L:60 with Dragon Tooth L:52 E:9 and Dragon Scale L:62 E:7
    Witch M:10 L:60 with Honey Spoon L:52 E:7 and Honey Jar L:52 E:7
    Rogues M:12 L:60 with The Sling L:52 E:8 and AB Plushies L:52 E:7

And my banner is –

Blessed Idol L:52 E:10 3*
    Blessed Banner L:52 E:10 3*
    with the Emblem of Resurrection L:60 E:4 2*

Which gives me a Power score of 1541.

I hope that helps.

Jim151
    @jim151

Looks like it’s going to be another of those events for me. Last one was ridiculous. I had to spend about 150 stamina drinks and 100 FE just to eke out 7th place and 2 stars. Last night I went to bed with 4600 points and second place. I wake up 8 hours later and am in 13th place, over 6,000 out of 3rd, and 3,000 out of 7th. After playing my 5 battles, I am now up to 9th. I’m going to hold off on spending any consumables until I see how this shakes out.

Jenn
    @jennt

@jim151 that might be because once you’ve collected all of a specific ingredient, its spot on the wheel becomes worth 1,050 points for the 7 stamina battle.

BTW, anyone get the “epic needs to restart to stay epic” message during this event yet? I just did. I’m too afraid to acknowledge it after being burned so much during Tinker. I shut my phone off.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

@jennt Yes I got that message a few hours ago. Nothing seems to have been reset for me though.

Jenn
    @jennt

@angryjohnny Me either. Phew! Still so wary of that message, lol

Jim151
    @jim151

that might be because once you’ve collected all of a specific ingredient, its spot on the wheel becomes worth 1,050 points for the 7 stamina battle.

Well sure. I’m not saying they are cheaters. I’m saying that once again I find myself on a board with a whole bunch of people willing to spend a whole bunch of resources.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@jennt
    Hey hold up. Since when does a free item slot convert into 1,050 arena points on 7-stamina battles? It’s always been 450! Is that why everyone on my board has such score jumps?!?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I noticed yesterday that the first gate now has a longer time counter than the previous event ones (37 hrs compared to 24); obviously a ploy to stop players from reaching the Golden Cloud Castle faster.

Well, less Lucky Coins for us all..

Maybe I will be in a minority, but I liked the original format of the mini-campaign more..It was more fair than this current system.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    It’s been 36 hours for me… and it was the same time that also elapsed in the previous event (Elite Pirate) until the first gate opens. In return, the event is one day longer, so no real changes… I’ll still get four GPC runs in.

@all
    It’s indeed 1,050 medals as the main reward on 7-stamina battles now. O.O
    I assume 5-stamina battles will give 750 medals because that’s the average of 450 and 1,050… but I’ll verify later.
    Makes them a lot more rewarding!
    Seems I’ll have to revamp my strategy XD

Jenn
    @jennt

@smwforever45 Lol, I was pleasantly surprised when I found that 1,050 there!! And yes, the other two are 750 and 450.

@jim151
    I’m 1st on my board with 8,400 points but I’ve used barely any resources. Just one or two FE to respin for the 1,050 prize. I guess not being able to sleep last night gave me a little bit of an advantage :D

Jenn
    @jennt

@jim151 Also, I wanted to mention that I wasn’t implying cheaters or anything. Was just saying that there’s a new huge prize for the 7 stamina fight after you get the resource this time, so that would make the scores jump faster and higher than we’re used to seeing.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 The first gate always opened for me (for both my profiles) during all other previous events after 24 hrs while this one is taking 37 hrs.

Not to mention, all other previous mini-campaign events started for me at 7:30 pm while this one started at 5:30 pm.

Jim151
    @jim151

I’m 1st on my board with 8,400 points but I’ve used barely any resources.

8400 would put you in 7th on my board, 4100 out of third place.

It’s indeed 1,050 medals as the main reward on 7-stamina battles now. O.O
    I assume 5-stamina battles will give 750 medals because that’s the average of 450 and 1,050… but I’ll verify later.

Not sure it’s any advantage to do the 7 or the 5. You can do 2 “3’s” for 6 stamina, and get 900 if you get the top prize. Both are 150 points per stamina. I suppose there’s an advantage in fewer FE to re-spin, but if you have FE to burn, there’s no advantage.

Jenn
    @jennt

@jim151 Woah….7th?! I’m counting my blessings that I’m on such an easy board then!!!! I think I’ll be tied up most of the day traveling tomorrow…I hope I can squeeze in a few rounds to maintain my position :/

I started to do the math to figure out which was the better deal, but then I decided it wasn’t worth the effort, lol. I just go with the 7 stamina battles because you get 2 chances to win the big prize on that wheel and it seemed easier and faster to just do 2 battles and maybe not waste TOO much time playing a game :)

Anonymous

I’ve done the math. The 7 stam battles are best per stamina whether you burn FE to respin or not (but the difference is greater if you don’t). Also note that there are TWO 1050 slots on the 7 stam battle reward wheel!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer Nope, Elite Pirate has been like this for me already, and I did get to do four GPC runs in that event.
    For me, the event started at 2 PM, by the way. Earlier than previously. Usually an event started at 4 PM.

@jim151
    @jennt
    I’m at 8,700 points and in #7 on my board. 8,400 points would be a close 9th place; the top player has 15k points.

@jim151

Don’t forget the medal rewards besides the jackpot. On 3-staminas, you can get 50,450,75 (=575); 450,75,25 (=550); or 25,50,450 (=525). On 5-staminas, you can get 100,750,150 (=1000); 750,150,50 (=950); or 50,100,750 (=900). On 7-staminas, you can get 150,1050,225 (=1425); 1050,225,75 (=1350); or 75,150,1050 (=1275).

With 210 stamina, you can play 70×3, 42×5 or 30×7. If you always get the maximum reward (unlikely if you don’t wanna spend tons of FE’s), you can obtain 570*70 = 39900, 1000*42 = 42000 or 1425*30 = 42750 medals. Which means that 7-stamina battles now provide the best reward, especially with the higher chance of getting the jackpot; previously, 3-stamina battles were the best. That’s it, I’ll switch :D

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Upcoming Event- Return of the Stone Guard (Elite StoneGuard)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 351 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.